Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3971 3972 [3973] 3974 3975 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9469178 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59580 on: March 25, 2013, 02:02:26 pm »

Actually, that was more under the category of generalized job woes, but still.

All the little differences aside, how do you think most people would feel if their boss scheduled a meeting with them and decided to literally nap through it?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59581 on: March 25, 2013, 02:04:37 pm »

I may be wrong, but I think Vector was saying "I wish Vector-With-A-Cousin had a chance to grow up" instead of just "I wish my cousin had a chance to grow up"

I mean obviously she DOES wish her cousin was able to grow up, but I don't think that's ALL she was saying, ye ken?

At least, that's how I interpreted it...

Edit: If I came in on my boss napping, depending on where I was in the ladder and how the company in general and they in particular treated me (let's assume the worst), I'd probably take a photo and blackmail them.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #59582 on: March 25, 2013, 02:06:00 pm »

I'd probably just wake them up and be like "Okay dude, I get to sleep on the job every once in a while. Fair's fair."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59583 on: March 25, 2013, 02:16:30 pm »

I may be wrong, but I think Vector was saying "I wish Vector-With-A-Cousin had a chance to grow up" instead of just "I wish my cousin had a chance to grow up"

I mean obviously she DOES wish her cousin was able to grow up, but I don't think that's ALL she was saying, ye ken?

At least, that's how I interpreted it...
I...
*rereads the post*

Yeah I see what you mean there, that sort of throws half my point in the toilet. Whoops... Still the other half still stands, she's a genuinly very wonderful person just as she is.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59584 on: March 25, 2013, 02:47:01 pm »

He actually complained about my bill.... This lawyer I'm working for.

Let me explain, most of you out there are making more than I am in your jobs than I am off this guy.... It is embarrassingly low pay for a lawyer. Not my fault your case is shit. You've still gotta file things on it or else you'll automatically lose.

I just looked straight through him and zoned the hell out. He kept asking what's wrong. "Nothing." I'm gonna keep saying "nothing" til he figures out its' something.

So I'm gonna finish up the work for him I currently have and say "fire me or pay me."

I put up with a lot of shit.... More than I will ever fully tell you. I've reached the great wall of fuck it with this guy.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59585 on: March 25, 2013, 02:48:46 pm »

Descan was right.

It's not that I feel like I'm a bad person or something like that, you know?  It's that I've felt like I was carrying something very heavy ever since then.  I'm not really sure what it is, how to articulate its form, whatever.  I gained a peculiar gravity.  Whether this is good or bad, I don't know, but it feels a touch strange.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #59586 on: March 25, 2013, 02:52:40 pm »

Truean: why not simply speak your mind to the guy? I mean, instead of the "nothing" thing. (Just a suggestion)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59587 on: March 25, 2013, 02:59:30 pm »

Because it's blatantly obvious what's wrong.... He can't not know it while having a pulse and practicing law....

He wanted me to do all his time consuming work....

Now he's upset the work is consuming time....

Given that he's paying me by the hour, that means he has to open up his wallet and let some fresh air in. He doesn't like that because like much of the rest of the world right now, he doesn't wanna pay for anything, but wants everything.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #59588 on: March 25, 2013, 03:05:28 pm »

Because it's blatantly obvious what's wrong.... He can't not know it while having a pulse and practicing law....
You'd be surprised how obvlivious people can be.  Besides, often malicious individuals fold like accordions when faced off, whereas keeping silent might encourage them to escalate.

Spoiler: Relevant quote (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:09:47 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59589 on: March 25, 2013, 03:11:02 pm »

He knows. He actively doesn't care.

People don't work that way. Never have. Talking to the bully never ever works, worked, or will work.

I have to figure out the best way out of this and/or if I can scale it back so he gives me something.... [sigh] Feeling very unappreciated from this and several other things.

This is called being in a weaker position, having the other side know it and take advantage of it....

Praying I get that accounting job....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:13:01 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59590 on: March 25, 2013, 03:23:22 pm »

Descan was right.

It's not that I feel like I'm a bad person or something like that, you know?  It's that I've felt like I was carrying something very heavy ever since then.  I'm not really sure what it is, how to articulate its form, whatever.  I gained a peculiar gravity.  Whether this is good or bad, I don't know, but it feels a touch strange.
You got emotionally scarred, it happens...
a lot...

They say they heal eventually, but just like real scars it seems to take a really long time.

There's a certain argument that this sort of thing adds character, that it gave you valuable experiences in... well... what it's like to be hurt I guess.

Also I hear chicks dig emotional scars.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #59591 on: March 25, 2013, 03:26:23 pm »

People don't work that way. Never have. Talking to the bully never ever works, worked, or will work.
Has worked for me for years. In fact, just last week I had TWO hierarchical superiors fold up like accordions during confrontations. What has never worked for me is putting up with abuse. I'm willing to admit that everyone is not the same, but I think that disregarding a diplomatic solution from beforehand is hasty, in general.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59592 on: March 25, 2013, 03:38:46 pm »

Descan was right.

You got emotionally scarred, it happens...
a lot...

They say they heal eventually, but just like real scars it seems to take a really long time.

There's a certain argument that this sort of thing adds character, that it gave you valuable experiences in... well... what it's like to be hurt I guess.

Also I hear chicks dig emotional scars.
Heh. Well, it does add character. Not necessarily the grimdark antihero Rule of Cool kind of character either. It's more like...larger perspective. You stop worrying so much about petty distractional bullshit compared to your peers (which can be very alienating, if all your peers are tuned into the bullshit).

I think it's why I never feel comfortable around peer groups my own age. I'd much rather hang with people older (because I've always felt old beyond my years -- was raised by people in their 50s/60s/70s and being an only child in a fairly rural area, their peer group became my peer group) or people considerably younger (not sure why, but I felt at home in grad school with classmates 7-10 years my junior and I feel at home here with y'all youngins :P)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #59593 on: March 25, 2013, 04:05:37 pm »

Can I go through getting an apartment with people without it being way too stressful?

Last year I was everyone's afterthought. It was full of "Oh, everyone but Penguin's seen the house so we're cool to sign the lease" and "Oh, everyone but you can fit in this house so we've decided to kick you out. That's okay, right?" Now I'm holding the cards, and it's not that much better.

I've got two groups of two people I want to live with. Neither group would want to live with the other, but I want to live with both of them and I don't want to disappoint either by turning them away. Choosing between friends is not something I like doing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #59594 on: March 25, 2013, 04:22:16 pm »

"Buddy group one, I love you guys. I love buddy group two, too, but I know you folks don't get along. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out who to ask to come with without being biased.

So, we're going to take the reasonable path. You guys, you're heads. *flips coin*"

And then leave it up to the uncaring but fair gods of statistics (while quietly praying none of them are aware the odds are ever so slightly tilted in favor of heads >_>).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:24:20 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3971 3972 [3973] 3974 3975 ... 8167