Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3964 3965 [3966] 3967 3968 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472685 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59475 on: March 22, 2013, 02:51:24 am »

This is apparently in a ready to ship state.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59476 on: March 22, 2013, 03:27:08 am »

Stressed out.  I'm such a perfectionist that it's making it hard for me to be perfect at things ._.

Gonna go find something to expend brainpower on over the next few days.  I need to calm down.

Well, all this, and I have a needy depressed friend who consistently tries to talk to me whenever he's feeling bad.  But you know. . . we really don't know each other all that well, so it's awkward.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #59477 on: March 22, 2013, 03:46:23 am »

Wow, talk about being intollerant and victimizing oneself. Least she could have done is politely ask for the guys to stop joking instead of making a scene.
Well, yeah, but did you even read her blog post? "THE FUTURE OF PROGRAMMING IS ON THE LINE."

Also, wow, that comment section. She comes off as even more of an asshat in responses. The whole thing is nauseatingly self-congratulatory and self-aggrandizing, while brushing off any criticism with ad-hominems combined with "well you wouldn't understand, you didn't go to PyCon2013!"
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:04:44 am by alway »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59478 on: March 22, 2013, 04:16:10 am »

The reviews for a recently released (2013) game Aliens: Colonial Marines, were bad. Baaaaaaaad. Just coz it's got aliens in the title doesn't mean it was any good. Maybe we've been spared another half-assed addition to the Aliens franchise.

I seriously doubt this other one was "ready to ship", since they always want to recoup their development costs, and heartily ship completely broken games already. There probably wasn't enough content for this new one.

EDIT: another possibility is that the publisher's pulled the plug based on the poor reception to the other Aliens game - they don't get quality, i bet, but expect "brands" to sell on name-recognition, so poor reception to "Colonial Marines" means nobody wants "Aliens" games at all or something, regardless of whether Obsidian Games has a decent reputation.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:22:15 am by Reelya »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #59479 on: March 22, 2013, 04:17:32 am »

The reviews for a recently released (2013) game Aliens: Colonial Marines, were bad. Baaaaaaaad. Just coz it's got aliens in the title doesn't mean it was any good. Maybe we've been spared another half-assed addition to the Aliens franchise.
I was really dissappoint at that game. It looked good in the demo ... but then again that looks suspiciously faked.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59480 on: March 22, 2013, 05:57:52 am »

Got driven over by car driven by my father in law and had my 6 month old child taken from me by a mentally and physically very unstable and sick family.

Hows that for sad?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59481 on: March 22, 2013, 06:07:11 am »

Got driven over by car driven by my father in law and had my 6 month old child taken from me by a mentally and physically very unstable and sick family.

Hows that for sad?
That's a horribly horrible amount of sad you have there.

* McFry sadhugs

Are those two events related?

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59482 on: March 22, 2013, 06:08:02 am »

Hows that for sad?
That's a horribly horrible amount of sad you have there.

* McFry sadhugs

Are those two events related?

Unfortunately yes.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59483 on: March 22, 2013, 06:10:03 am »

Any chance of getting your child back?

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59484 on: March 22, 2013, 06:12:34 am »

Any chance of getting your child back?

By legal means, hopefully. I'd like the GF back too from her sick, sick dominative psycho parents that have already lives and families of both of their daughters.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59485 on: March 22, 2013, 06:22:11 am »

So let me see if I got this right: Your GF's parents don't want you to be with your GF, so they grounded her (thereby taking the baby as well), and tried to run you over with a car? Does your GF have anything to say about that?

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59486 on: March 22, 2013, 06:32:23 am »

So let me see if I got this right: Your GF's parents don't want you to be with your GF, so they grounded her (thereby taking the baby as well), and tried to run you over with a car? Does your GF have anything to say about that?

We are both well grown up adults.

Shes so attached to her close family that she begs for attention and acceptation by agreeing to everything.

Sick, sick, sick stuff. Shes willing to let her parents ruin a family and the lives of 3 people voluntarily.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59487 on: March 22, 2013, 07:46:58 am »

That is indeed pretty terrible, wish I could relate somehow. Why does your GF's family want you out of her life to begin with? Not that irrational people as  you describe them need a good reason for doing such horrible things, but running someone over with a car seems like something even a lunatic needs a motive for.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59488 on: March 22, 2013, 07:51:52 am »

That is indeed pretty terrible, wish I could relate somehow. Why does your GF's family want you out of her life to begin with? Not that irrational people as  you describe them need a good reason for doing such horrible things, but running someone over with a car seems like something even a lunatic needs a motive for.

I have no idea.

And at the moment my GF and the baby are in the hands of a complete narcissistic psychopath who complete dominates every action they take. It doesnt help at all that judging by the last couple of phone calls, the person(s) dealing with the local child security things are all women and laughed at me.

And this is supposed to be a equal country.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59489 on: March 22, 2013, 10:43:18 am »

Got this text message from the guy I am seeing:

"Hey. So, I decided to go to [Australia] for a few weeks. See you soon."

????

I'm ... what? Do you know what kind of things go through a girl's head when you send that out of left field like that? "A few weeks," how long is that? 3? 4? 5? Are you breaking up with me and this is the way you're doing it? What's in Australia anyhow? Hello, yes, I'd like to take a trip to quite literally the other side of the planet. How long? Meh, we'll see.... Huh?

I'm not actually mad, I'm just sorta shocked, and I feel alone/left out information wise. If you're taking a vacation or something, that's cool. I don't even wanna go to be honest (I HATE traveling), but could you tell me about this a lil? Please, pretty please? There's talk of pretty please with a cherry on top if you tell me.... [sigh]

Damn it, I care about you, but I'm too damn proud to say it (also I think I'm showing it, but whatever) .... Do you realize that I would be pretty damn indifferent if most of the world burned but I give a damn about you. Was that a mistake...?

Whatever, I'm going to act mature and as if it doesn't phase me. Maybe I'll respond with something like:

"Neat, have fun, be safe and bring back cool pictures of koalas or kangaroos or crocodile hunters or something to look at later. :)"

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 3964 3965 [3966] 3967 3968 ... 8167