Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3959 3960 [3961] 3962 3963 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473409 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59400 on: March 20, 2013, 05:47:02 am »

So I met up with a good friend of mine today. She's just decided to take the hijab off after being heckled for being a western Muslim. Additionally, she was told by a certain group of guys that she should 'stop being progressive and be a good wife, settle down and start having kids.'
Finally, she had been disowned by her family for becoming muslim in the first place... which prompted her to tell me and my other good friend about how her life had gone; that is:
Grew up in the outback, had major issues growing up, was sexually abused by friend of family, became depressed and anorexic and suicidal, attempted it, found religion.
Prompted other friend to say that:
Grew up in the city, major issues growing up, was sexually abused by a neighbour (oddly enough, a 16 year old girl was the perpetrator), became depressed and anorexic and suicidal, attempted it, found religion.

Which made me remember a memory I had repressed, and prompted me to tell them my life too.
Grew up in the city, major issues growing up, was sexually abused by students at high school (in year eight, I was frequently forced to grope the various thug's crotches for a laugh, if I refused, I was beaten and thrown against the lockers), became depressed and suicidal, attempted it, found religion and lost it shortly afterwards.

What the fuck is wrong with the world where three people have to go through practically the exact same traumatic things in life?
So fucking angry, but it makes me feel for my friends all the more. I would be happy to live with these two for the rest of my life if only to support each other.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59401 on: March 20, 2013, 06:00:03 am »

Theese scars.. i hate them.
I cant feel my smooth arms anymore, just scars.

But when i do it.. i disappear after doing it, after drinking my blood. I disappear.. float away.. to a land of carelessness, comfortable numbness, and death.

I wrote a poem about it.

Spoiler: Shit ass poem (click to show/hide)
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #59402 on: March 20, 2013, 08:48:01 am »

:[  I think Bay12 needs some sort of international foster care home to take our young folks away from their dangerous surroundings then give them a safe place to live.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59403 on: March 20, 2013, 08:50:46 am »

:[  I think Bay12 needs some sort of international foster care home to take our young folks away from their dangerous surroundings then give them a safe place to live.

Oh, I'm hardly young now, I'm 21; it was eight years ago. Plus, I have consolation because I am doing an undergrad medicine related degree (the other two mentioned in that post are doing similar) and those thugs are either junkies or unemployed, unstudying fuckheads.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59404 on: March 20, 2013, 08:58:42 am »

-snip-

Hey, DrPoo. Please don't cut yourself. :(
I may not know you, nor what terrible situation drives you to do such things, but whatever you feel is wrong, cutting yourself is not the answer. Writing sad poetry about it is one thing, poetry is a good outlet for emotion, I just hope you wouldn't actually do it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #59405 on: March 20, 2013, 09:03:14 am »

Cutting yourself is not a good idea in general. It hurts for one. It wastes precious blood is another.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59406 on: March 20, 2013, 09:28:55 am »

Cutting yourself is not a good idea in general. It hurts for one. It wastes precious blood is another.
This.

While you may feel good from it (this is not masochism, its due to a chemical: Endorphins!), its a bad thing long term.

Best thing to do at the moment is just to rest, sleep. Don't focus on what's causing the pain, or if its ok....to think about what benefited you today :D

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59407 on: March 20, 2013, 10:02:45 am »

Most people cut for the sense of control and release. That it's a bad idea is part and parcel of the desire and expression. So that's probably a wasted argument.

What you want to do is provide a superior incompatible alternative. It's the only truly effective way to stop something like cutting in my experience. It's also incredibly difficult, and probably impossible over the internet.

Dr.Poo, as an alternative, consider trying ice-dipping or the rubber band method. It sound like you're getting to the point where hiding the habit is already likely failing, so these won't be much worse. For the ice method, get a bowl of ice, fill it with cold water, let it sit for a bit. Submerge your arm, and hold it in there for as long as you can. No permanent scarring, which is probably an improvement. Hurts like fuck, of course, but that's part of the point. I've also heard people say it's more effective, mentally, than cutting is as well, but that's down to the person.

The rubber band thing is more for those who are actively trying to stop and having trouble. Basically, where rubber bands around your wrists, and pull and snap when you start getting the urge. Try to combine this with scribbling/non-goal-oriented drawing and journal keeping, build up your own little pocket of control.

Note that you'll also probably have to figure out your mental hooks: If it's the sign of blood, then you might get best results from using a red sharpie in addition to the ice method.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:09:43 am by GlyphGryph »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #59408 on: March 20, 2013, 11:57:27 am »

My bread keeps attracting all kinds of microbial motherfuckers. This time I didn't even got it out of the plastic...

I should eat more :c

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59409 on: March 20, 2013, 12:17:59 pm »

Club owner has problem with one of my bands.
Something about a girl. Don't care.
Badmouthing to other venues and about my other (not involved) bands....
Cutting into my wallet. Care.

God damn him and his damn drama. Do not have time or patience for this.

Well, now to go see if he'd prefer talking this out rationally or being reciprocally ruined. Damn you, I helped put you on the map you sorry little ingrate.... How did you think you got people flocking there, especially from all the groups I'm in?

How does the hand that feeds you taste? Also quit biting my hand.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:20:56 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59410 on: March 20, 2013, 12:40:48 pm »

My bread keeps attracting all kinds of microbial motherfuckers. This time I didn't even got it out of the plastic...

I should eat more :c

For some reason I read that as "beard"...
This is a blank sig.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59411 on: March 21, 2013, 06:01:31 am »

There is a tune going through my head. It is sad and beautiful and I know I have heard it before, years ago. I'm talking 90's years ago. Can't remember where from and I know I never knew the name, and it has no lyrics, but it is such a great song...
And I will never hear it aloud again...

Edit: Oh my god, could it be...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59412 on: March 21, 2013, 09:33:09 am »

Thanks to an uncooperative daughter, having to drive across town to pick my brother up, and in general taking too damn long to do morning stuff, I was so late for my first class that it was best that I just didn't show up, to avoid interrupting everyone. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59413 on: March 21, 2013, 10:03:23 am »

A "developer advocate", whatever that means, cost a father of three his job due to him making one of the oldest jokes in the industry.

Why, why did people have to ruin the term feminism. But then, with my gender remaining undisclosed, I'll shut up and click post.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59414 on: March 21, 2013, 11:51:38 am »

History and assuming :/

That wasn't a smart thing to blog about...given how a simple mistake can get blown up - which can easily be fixed by a simple word.
Pages: 1 ... 3959 3960 [3961] 3962 3963 ... 8167