Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3952 3953 [3954] 3955 3956 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475870 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59295 on: March 18, 2013, 04:39:08 pm »

I just listen to Hardstyle, Breakcore, Happycore or Speedcore.

Like, all the time.

I'm quite worried really.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #59296 on: March 18, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »

I just found out one of my best friends was raped as a child, the sad thing is that they don't seem to be effected by talking about it, The effects on her life are their, she has a lot of rage and her family life is screwed up, but she just told me about it like it was nothing, I'm really scared for her.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59297 on: March 18, 2013, 05:02:50 pm »

Different people are affected by it and cope different ways. Maybe she's over it by now. And if she isn't, well, she'll talk about it when she wants to talk about it. PTSD type things aren't things you should pry about; I presume you've shown her some sympathy and that's enough for now.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #59298 on: March 18, 2013, 05:05:33 pm »

Different people are affected by it and cope different ways. Maybe she's over it by now. And if she isn't, well, she'll talk about it when she wants to talk about it. PTSD type things aren't things you should pry about; I presume you've shown her some sympathy and that's enough for now.
She used to be my girlfriendish thing so I have shown her sympathy, this time two years ago she was one of the kinds of people who would sit by themselves and avoid everyone, I think things like that are why she's getting all of it off her chest now.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59299 on: March 18, 2013, 05:53:52 pm »

Got Felony pled down to misdemeanor and time served. No "thank you?"

Not a single drunk driving case in largest municipal court around after St Patrick's Day this year. How!?
What the hell happened??? There's no way people behaved. This is unprecedented.

Seriously, it's this, New Years and the Cinco De Mayo that run the biggest ones.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59300 on: March 18, 2013, 05:58:35 pm »

I just found out one of my best friends was raped as a child, the sad thing is that they don't seem to be effected by talking about it, The effects on her life are their, she has a lot of rage and her family life is screwed up, but she just told me about it like it was nothing, I'm really scared for her.
She's had a lot more time to process it than you have. It doesn't shock her anymore.

I'm the same way when talking about what I went through as a child. And yeah, I had a lot of rage issues too.

Be there as a friend. If she wants to talk, listen. If she doesn't, don't pry. She may well swing wildly back and forth between the two as well -- wanting to spill her story one day, being very touchy about it the next. Just deal with it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59301 on: March 18, 2013, 06:54:00 pm »

welp finally done it, getting a psyche evaluation in two weeks to see if my ADHD have progressed again, im just sick and tired of screwing up hard i need some help damnit. If this does go through college should be more easy with help on side cause face it, i do need 24/7 watch.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #59302 on: March 18, 2013, 06:55:55 pm »

I hope you get whatever help you need, dude.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59303 on: March 18, 2013, 10:44:51 pm »

yea thanks, i mean i think my parents saw it more with my brother and sister since they tend to act out together but for me it sort of just faded but at this point my whole school habits are fucked up beyond.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59304 on: March 19, 2013, 02:04:44 am »

Ugh.  I've been procrastinating replying to a recruiter for multiple days because I don't want to live in Wisconsin and I'm scared of interviews.

I feel horrible, especially because I don't know anyone else who pulls this stupid crap.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59305 on: March 19, 2013, 02:09:11 am »

Ugh.  I've been procrastinating replying to a recruiter for multiple days because I don't want to live in Wisconsin and I'm scared of interviews.

I feel horrible, especially because I don't know anyone else who pulls this stupid crap.
If it's for a company called Epic Systems, don't bother. They send out large quantities of spam to anyone with a decent looking resume and then pull the rug out from under the candidates after not calling for two weeks because it turns out you weren't qualified to do the job anyway.

No, I'm not bitter, why do you ask?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59306 on: March 19, 2013, 02:12:12 am »

It... it is.  I applied for a position and they were like "Okay, phone interview time!"

Well, that's really sad.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59307 on: March 19, 2013, 02:17:12 am »

Sorry. Didn't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but it really sucks to have your whole life ready to move to the frozen hell of Packer fans and suddenly get a phone call chewing you out because you were contacted for a job you aren't qualified for.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59308 on: March 19, 2013, 02:22:29 am »

Naw, it's fine.  I think I might just keep ignoring them ._.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #59309 on: March 19, 2013, 02:25:04 am »

The company itself seems legit... weird of them to do that.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 3952 3953 [3954] 3955 3956 ... 8167