Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3949 3950 [3951] 3952 3953 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476715 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59250 on: March 17, 2013, 10:14:07 am »

so what do hoolies and chavs drink?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59251 on: March 17, 2013, 10:23:45 am »

WKD
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #59252 on: March 17, 2013, 10:25:25 am »

Laarger!

I drink ale, but then again I'm a prim and proper gentleman sucker for tasty alcohol. :P

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #59253 on: March 17, 2013, 10:43:34 am »

Cheap lidl cider and vodka.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #59254 on: March 17, 2013, 11:56:35 am »

Hoser Day (Sit around politely getting drunk on Molson or Labatt and watching hockey. NOTE: This holiday is celebrated 365 times a year in Canada.)  :P

Basically did this on Friday, only with curling.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59255 on: March 17, 2013, 12:15:25 pm »

Hoser Day (Sit around politely getting drunk on Molson or Labatt and watching hockey. NOTE: This holiday is celebrated 365 times a year in Canada.)  :P

Basically did this on Friday, only with curling.
Hoser! (that's the traditional Hoser Day greeting, btw)

And yeah, curling may actually be more Canadian than hockey, since it has almost zero appeal in the United States.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #59256 on: March 17, 2013, 12:30:05 pm »

And not being American is pretty much the defining feature of being Canadian. Those that deny it the most fervently prove it the best.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59257 on: March 17, 2013, 12:51:48 pm »

Bought a small little gift for my boyfriend and a card.

Very rude religious person behind me in line appears to have seen card and put two and two together....

[She drones on about how god can save me from teh wicked ways of teh gay] After a while she asks,
"Are you listening to me?"
Me, simply not able or willing to care one bit: "Nope, that's why my eyes are glazed over and I'm not looking at you."
Her: "Don't you want to be saved? [somewhat shocked] You'll end up in Hell if you don't...."
Me: "Madam, so long as you're not in Hell, I shall gladly burn forever. The suffering would be less."
Her: "But God wants! ...." [cutoff]
Me: [sigh, soft voice] "I don't care; I just don't care, at all.... If there is such a thing as a soul, then I don't really care where it 'ends up' and if I do have a "soul," which believe me, I of all people don't, then it's my business what happens to it and not yours. I've never bothered you or done a thing to you; please leave me alone."

This of course leads to more ranting from her, now she's actively accusing me of being part of a "ho  mo  sexual" agenda.... She made sure to say each syllable, "HO, MO, Sexual," with plenty of disgust in her voice. She also uttered several lines straight out of Faux News.... Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to be ho, mo, sexual, or any combination of the three, but what do I know. Meanwhile the poor checkout clerks don't know what the hell to do and I really can't blame 'em.

She actually tried to follow me as I left while leaving her stuff at the cash register.... Something or other about how I'm destroying "America" and "Family Values" and "This Country" and who knows what other manner of demonizations. Oddly, she didn't look like you might be imagining. She appeared to be your ordinary late 20s early 30 something woman who ... you probably wouldn't pick out of a crowd as nuts or even necessarily bad looking or fundie. Stealth jerk, decloaked....

Thankfully, there weren't any other customers in the store, but did I mention I'm terrified of being outed for several reasons including having to deal with entire congregations of people like this...? I am. I know all the right words to say to either prove her wrong or get her off my back but neither would get through. Something or other about pearls before swine....

I just remember silently hoping she gets hit by a bus full of nuns. If the impact didn't kill her, the irony might.

Thank you for ruining the one night of my 80 to 100 hour workweek I look forward to.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:15:38 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #59258 on: March 17, 2013, 01:33:46 pm »

Her: "Don't you want to be saved? [somewhat shocked] You'll end up in Hell if you don't...."
Me: "Madam, so long as you're not in Hell, I shall gladly burn forever. The suffering would be less."

I feel bad for you, but that line was simply brilliant. Reminiscent of Churchill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #59259 on: March 17, 2013, 01:57:31 pm »

I feel bad for you, but that line was simply brilliant. Reminiscent of Churchill.

Ah, the Churchillmo agenda. We meet again.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59260 on: March 17, 2013, 02:29:49 pm »

My bee-keeping great-(great?) uncle just died.

*sigh*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59261 on: March 17, 2013, 03:20:22 pm »

It seems to be a year for deaths in the family. We've had one this year, plus the death of a family friend, and a death in one of my friend's family.

My condolences.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59262 on: March 17, 2013, 03:27:35 pm »

I'm getting sick. I don't want to miss school tomorrow... It fucked my grades up so bad the first time I missed a day...
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #59263 on: March 17, 2013, 03:33:13 pm »

I suspect I've something as well. Not terribly sick, but I started having this combination of small annoyances last week that have me a bit worried
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59264 on: March 17, 2013, 04:09:40 pm »

Headaches, jointaches, stomachaches, mostly.

Then I get winded if I stand up, or I'll feel a sharp, stabbing pain in my sternum/stomach, or I'll feel nauseous.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 3949 3950 [3951] 3952 3953 ... 8167