Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3946 3947 [3948] 3949 3950 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477228 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59205 on: March 14, 2013, 09:02:29 pm »

You Obstinately Lick Orphans!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #59206 on: March 14, 2013, 09:09:21 pm »

You Only Lucked Out!!!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59207 on: March 14, 2013, 09:26:26 pm »

You Only Love Once!

... Wait, that's more depressing than funny...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #59208 on: March 14, 2013, 09:41:28 pm »

You Often Lose Orphans

Obviously in this case you should stop adopting orphans in the first place if you're just gonna lose them.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59209 on: March 14, 2013, 10:03:01 pm »

There was no pie at Pi Day =(  No professors, either.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:22:17 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59210 on: March 14, 2013, 10:46:36 pm »

Looks like that lawyer I've been doing work for, might have just kept me around until all of his backlog of stuff was done. Not sure.

Very possibly losing job tomorrow. We'll see. He did say, "not to shitcan you." So he said he didn't wanna fire me.... He is also filtering some cases my way as well though.... I have no idea what to think of this.

He's trying not to be mean about it compared to how he is capable of being. Believe me, if he wants to, he can be rather forceful. I've long been afraid of him. He's attempting to be "nice" about it, by making his secretary appear to be the bad guy, but I know it's him who is behind this. He may even realize I know that, but doesn't wanna say it to be comparatively nicer than he has to be.

He also realizes the labor market in general sucks.....

[sigh]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:54:11 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #59211 on: March 14, 2013, 11:09:03 pm »

In my old church there was a sign near the exit quoting Jesus saying something like "Go, and be fishers of men" (John 21:17 I guess...)

This always made me think of the Disciples with big metal hooks, dragging people to Church.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #59212 on: March 14, 2013, 11:14:38 pm »

In my old church there was a sign near the exit quoting Jesus saying something like "Go, and be fishers of men" (John 21:17 I guess...)

This always made me think of the Disciples with big metal hooks, dragging people to Church.
Heh. I can imagine the converts flopping around like fish.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59213 on: March 15, 2013, 12:55:51 am »

The bit about Jesus multiplying the loaves and fishes was actually a metaphor for evangelism.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #59214 on: March 15, 2013, 01:39:49 am »

"I felt myself being reeled in by the HANDS OF GOD THEMSELVES!"

"Really?!"

"Nah, it was just some guys with metal hooks."

"Nice."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59215 on: March 15, 2013, 06:17:31 am »

Not at all happy at the moment. :(
The worst bit is that it's mostly/partially my fault that my life is going nowhere. I tried, I really tried, I moved out of my awful home situation, found an affordable sharehouse in the city I spent the good bits of my childhood in, and was fully prepared to look for work when the unemployment agency got on my case.
The thing is, they didn't- I seem to have fallen through the cracks. I haven't been called in for an interview since well before I moved.

Naturally, my good intentions fell by the wayside as my lazy nature asserts itself and embraces this Tsituation.
So I've been sitting around, spending more and more time in my room on the computer.  I do go out and about in the city often, which is good, and even to the occasional gig(where I get drunk and jump around. At least the same stigma isn't attached to drinking alone when it's at a show. :P).
But I have achieved absolutely zero since I moved out. No friends, I haven't gotten around to learning the banjo, haven't decided on anything to study, I piss away my free money on comic books and CDs, and to top it off I'm beginning to dislike my clean-freak housemates- even though they are otherwise nice people.

I visited an old friend (if I'm honest, probably my only real friend remaining) two states south a couple months ago. That was awesome, starting with his 19th birthday party and going from there, I pretty much became a cool, sociable (at least compared to usual) person for a month.
Now, back in -my- city, everything just seems bland, quiet, nowhere near as interesting.
This is the city I've loved since I was a small child, but now all I see are sun-scorched expanses of concrete,  ugly modern buildings and tacky overpriced bars where Melbourne has interesting streets and lanes all over the place, cheap beer, so much great live music most nights that you're spoiled for choice, a thriving scene of artists etc and WHOLE STREETS of beautiful old buildings- and I'm talking central, busy roads here!

That took me a while to get used to, that feeling. The idea that there might be a city better than Brisbane is a hell of a pill to swallow. (I still feel like a traitor for thinking it!)
But the question remains, if I DID live in Melbourne, would it seem so great? Would I be happy THERE, or is the problem with me? Could I be happy living ANYWHERE? :-\

Whatever, at least one upside of this situation is that I am getting a fair chunk of cash each fortnight- enough, if I control my impulsive spending, to pay my rent, feed myself AND still have some to save. So that's what I'm trying to do.
I'm thinking I might go back over to Indonesia for a while- I enjoyed the time I've spent over there in the past, and I could afford to live decently well. Perhaps in the meantime I will go stay out in the country with my dad and help him renovate his house, hopefully picking up some carpentry skills in the process.

...This post is probably really long. It is, isn't it? I can't tell, I'm posting from my phone. Yes, with Swype.
I won't know what a marathon post it is til I'm on a computer, but I apologize in advance. :P
I was on a long train ride, with wifi, in a bad mood. Quite a combination, I guess.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #59216 on: March 15, 2013, 07:29:31 am »

I think I just saw my first non-ironic 'YOLO' on facebook.

I was hoping I could make it, but... I mean, I still got pretty far, but still...
;_;

You Obviously Love Owls!

...Somebody's been reading Questionable Content ;)
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59217 on: March 15, 2013, 07:57:48 am »

"I felt myself being reeled in by the HANDS OF GOD THEMSELVES!"

"Really?!"

"Nah, it was just some guys with metal hooks."

"Nice."
Now I have all sorts of scenarios in my head.

"Nah, that one's of too little faith. Toss him back to the heathens."

"Which lure should I use? Eternal life or the avoidance or eternal damnation?"
"How about just the shiny thing with feathers on it?"

And then of course for those big catches, you have to work hard to get them within arm's reach then just beat them over the head until they convert.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #59218 on: March 15, 2013, 08:00:01 am »

I think I just saw my first non-ironic 'YOLO' on facebook.

I was hoping I could make it, but... I mean, I still got pretty far, but still...
;_;

You Obviously Love Owls!

...Somebody's been reading Questionable Content ;)

Someone replied to the post with "OMG REALLY?!?!?!????!!! FISH!"

I am confused.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59219 on: March 15, 2013, 08:18:02 am »

1. I was in the process of responding to Yoink's post when my puter decided it wanted to reboot because of freakin' Windows update nagging me; I hit N while typing, which is 'restart now' in that dialogue, and I lost that data.
2. I also lost about three hours work on an article for a wiki, because Wikia has no autosave function, which I assumed it did.

Anyway, Yoink; i find that amusing, that you're taking up the banjo. I can do no similar thing. :P

Also, yeah, you should totally move down here; I think K would enjoy it and it'd be cool to have someone new to hang around with regularly too.
Pages: 1 ... 3946 3947 [3948] 3949 3950 ... 8167