Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3942 3943 [3944] 3945 3946 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481180 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59145 on: March 14, 2013, 06:13:09 am »

Very badly insulted and threatened by client in front of court staff. Shrugged off.

I had known this man for barely a couple hours of my life. He basically wanted me to declare war on the entire system, re litigate his cases, etc. All of this would've probably been impossible even if he had all the money in the world, but of course he wanted this for free.... He also wanted court personnel, including prosecutors, investigated and jailed....

All in an afternoon it appears.

Moreover, I try to get people out... out ... of jail, not into jail....

The magistrate basically said after witnessing this from a good safe distance, "I don't care what anybody says, [my name] you're my hero. You're so calm...." [shakes head in disbelief as if questioning how I could possibly shrug this off without letting it get to me at all].

Now, I would never tell him this, but it's called growing up in an abusive home where this level of completely inappropriate behavior is nothing compared to what I am accustomed to.... 

I don't know what this guy possibly expected me to do in a single afternoon.
Well it's not like lawyers are actually people who need to do things like sleep and fill out paperwork. 
Are there even any bright sides to being a lawyer?
That you're fighting for a good cause.

Also, allowable deduction of government tax @ yer income. Well, where I am anyway [unsure about other country's laws :P]. Any person who has passed the board/bar exam (like doctors, lawyers, engineers...) and is a registered professional - practicing his/her own profession could deduct the fees incurred from their rent, fare, books used in pursuit of their profession, client meet...all if they have a receipt to prove it.

Also, lawyers are awesome people. If it helps, I really look up to them.

Like Truean. She's awesome. First read her posts - already inspired.

Braces, here I come T_T One row today, one row next week. Also pain. DX And tey take so long, too.
Its not that bad, really :P I've undertaken that process before. Pain = pressure//realignment of the teeth as your teeth are basically bone. They have nerves which help you feel it. The adage is true here when you say 'no pain, no gain!'

Also, in that timespan, you can contemplate on many things. Just saying what I do

My sad: Time. I've only a few more months until I'm getting into my course's hell year - almost nothing else doing but staring at the pages and inky words of a medical book.

Why didn't they at least introduce these things in high school or elementary :/ That was a longer and easier time for my brain to soak it all up. Now I'm facing the rigorous ol' study these things about general medicine in ~4 or so months to get past these exams.

Also, venipuncture. I'm darn afraid of needles. The reactions of my partners when we undertake it also scares me as I don't like hurting people. Yeah, its a paradox, but my hands tremble uncontrollably no matter what I think or how I approach the situation when that needle nears the skin.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:00:45 am by Tiruin »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #59146 on: March 14, 2013, 06:16:49 am »

I admire Truean for various other reasons too :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59147 on: March 14, 2013, 06:21:37 am »

Truean is a pretty awesome person. I understand that the only facet we see of her is that which she presents herself, but I'm willing to accept that as the most accurate model of reality I will ever know, thus as real as any other fact.

We are who people believe we are, and I see Truean as an inspiration.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59148 on: March 14, 2013, 08:07:47 am »

You're right, PoH- the 80s pretty much insta-lose for having *shudder* Michael Jackson.
I should point out, also, that there was plenty of splitscreen action in the 90s...
Yep console connectivity really only kicked off with the PS2-era. PS1 era connectable games existed i think, but there wasn't much demand for them, and nobody i ever met connected 2 PS1's together.

Mind you we did a lot of doom-era PC fragging over serial ports and lan.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #59149 on: March 14, 2013, 08:52:20 am »

Braces, here I come T_T One row today, one row next week. Also pain. DX And tey take so long, too.
Hehe,the situtation of my little sister not more then a couple of week;'s ago. She would probably tell you they aren't as bad as they seem. And The benefits are generally very good (In her case, it'll adjust the shape of her face).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #59150 on: March 14, 2013, 08:56:58 am »

My sad is that I will have to wear retainers for the rest of my life. DX Also they're really annoying when you eat.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59151 on: March 14, 2013, 09:17:28 am »

1986. It always shocks me how I'm apparently older than a good chunk of the board besides people like Redking.

At least I don't feel old anymore.
D: D:

Like there are people who a) remember the 80s, and b) are actually alive.
:'(

I'm old enough that this was the coolest toy in existence:

and I wanted to order it for Christmas.
From the Sears Catalog.
Which came in a giant book.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59152 on: March 14, 2013, 09:20:22 am »

Like there are people who a) remember the 80s, and b) are actually alive.
Get the hell off my lawn.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59153 on: March 14, 2013, 09:21:35 am »

Redking, the problem with that "I'm sooo old" statement with the toy is that is the coolest toy. Seriously, what does it do? It's great looking.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59154 on: March 14, 2013, 09:23:33 am »

Redking, the problem with that "I'm sooo old" statement with the toy is that is the coolest toy. Seriously, what does it do? It's great looking.
That's an educational robot named the HERO. I wanted one, too. The problem was that it was hundreds of dollars, and nobody in my family could spend hundreds of dollars on a stupid robot for a stupid kid. They already spent the money on car parts and weed. ;_;
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:26:04 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #59155 on: March 14, 2013, 09:25:48 am »

RedKing should rename himself 'OldKing', but then considering his social activities, maybe he shouldn't :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59156 on: March 14, 2013, 09:28:26 am »

That's an educational robot named the HERO. I wanted one, too. The problem was that it was hundreds of dollars, and nobody in my family could spend hundreds of dollars on a stupid robot for a stupid kid. They already spent the money on car parts and weed. ;_;

My stupid family won't abuse me to get the proper "tortured artist" backstory for me. I'll have to slash my own wrists and beat my own face in ALL BY MYSELF. This could be a family activity, but nooooo!

Seriously, though, I always feel bad when my parents are so nice and supporting and I hear about parents who... aren't so. Smoking weed when you have a kid, I think, is as advisble as having a drinking habit when you have a kid. I'm an idealist so I bet everyone's going to go "so, totally fine, then?".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59157 on: March 14, 2013, 09:32:21 am »

My stupid family won't abuse me to get the proper "tortured artist" backstory for me. I'll have to slash my own wrists and beat my own face in ALL BY MYSELF. This could be a family activity, but nooooo!

Seriously, though, I always feel bad when my parents are so nice and supporting and I hear about parents who... aren't so. Smoking weed when you have a kid, I think, is as advisble as having a drinking habit when you have a kid. I'm an idealist so I bet everyone's going to go "so, totally fine, then?".
Well, I don't want to get into too much detail, because I don't actually remember most of my childhood due to at least one form of serious trauma, but my childhood living conditions would generously be called "squalor". Stuff 15 people, 9 of them children, into a double-wide trailer/"manufactured home" and see what happens.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59158 on: March 14, 2013, 09:38:51 am »

Well, what can you say, really. Apart from maybe, I hope you're happy now.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59159 on: March 14, 2013, 09:44:03 am »

Well, what can you say, really. Apart from maybe, I hope you're happy now.
Things are going pretty well right now, but that's happy thread material. ^_^ Actually, I'm officially moving in with the girlfriend next weekend. Name on the lease, address change official.

Pages: 1 ... 3942 3943 [3944] 3945 3946 ... 8167