Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3923 3924 [3925] 3926 3927 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481219 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58860 on: March 08, 2013, 07:35:03 pm »

My best friend (Lesbian Friend) is quitting the job we both work at. :x Considering I rarely get to hang out with her as it is, I probably won't get to see her much at all after this. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #58861 on: March 09, 2013, 02:18:50 am »

Tonight was not a good night.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58862 on: March 09, 2013, 02:48:09 am »

I can't listen to some songs AND read the real life crowning moments of heartwarming (TVtropes) together due to the fact that combined, I can feel my eyes watering.
I don't need music for that.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #58863 on: March 09, 2013, 05:22:07 am »

Goddamnit I hate being sick.

Now if only the room would stop spinning every time I move my head.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58864 on: March 09, 2013, 05:29:53 am »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #58865 on: March 09, 2013, 05:56:18 am »

Ugh, so many people seem to be sick. Including me. Headache, coughing, general tiredness. Can't stand up for long without feeling tired. Slept terribly too, probably because of this sickness. I had a weird, frustrating and not very relaxing dream that consisted of red 3D elipses (Don't know how to call them) on eachother. At a certain point I realized I was dreaming and opened my eyes. 6:30 AM. Couldn't get any sleep from that point. Uuugh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58866 on: March 09, 2013, 06:06:26 am »

I am not sick. My kids have pink eye though - wihch rather charmingly they are both calling "the bum eyes".
This is a blank sig.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58867 on: March 09, 2013, 06:14:49 am »

I am not sick. My kids have pink eye though - wihch rather charmingly they are both calling "the bum eyes".
Bum eyes you say?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58868 on: March 09, 2013, 06:15:16 am »

This article
Haven't read it completely, but doesn't seem to be that bad. Just a serious missing of sources, and apparently the internet ran out of place to put them.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #58869 on: March 09, 2013, 12:51:28 pm »

I should stop procrastinating on this essay
It's FEF, not FEOF

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #58870 on: March 09, 2013, 01:46:37 pm »

Last night was not a good night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58871 on: March 09, 2013, 01:54:57 pm »

Last night was not a good night.

That must've been a really bad night.  Wanna talk about it?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58872 on: March 09, 2013, 02:30:21 pm »

This article
Haven't read it completely, but doesn't seem to be that bad. Just a serious missing of sources, and apparently the internet ran out of place to put them.

I'm really not sure what you're referring to that 'doesn't seem to be that bad".

As for sources, why single out this article for snarky criticism (both you and the commenter) when all articles on this website are formatted the same? Seems like a sneaky way to undermine the validity when you have no actual valid points to make. The author already covered that point in the comments (it's due to become a chapter in a book which will be published later, with full citations). Note that no other stories on this site list sources either, but nobodies criticizing those.

The article dicusses serious radiation poisoning to an American community (including babies born headless and other deformities) that the government has worked hard to cover up, by issuing fake "studies" and reports by paid scientists that said there was no cancer, no deformities. It definitely belongs in the sad thread no matter how the lawsuits go. And the damage is already done to those people's lives. Such fraudulent cancer studies have also been detailed elsewhere related to the 3-mile island meltdown, and similar, so it's not something "out of the blue". This kind of story isn't "news" because it's been happening in many place in the USA and elsewhere for decades. Americans just like to think "it can't happen here", but i can imagine how easily it is to lap up stories about the Russians covering up contamination around Chernobyl without ever questioning the sources.

Anyway the gist is that the US government poisoned 1000's of people (including hereditary genetic damage) and continues to lie about it. They knew enough to constantly test the soil / food / animals, but lied to the residents about the toxicity.

Remember this is the same government which deliberately infected 100's of black men with syphilis and lied to them about their illnesses (and actively prevented them seeking medical care), so they could study how untreated syphilis develops, they left some of them untreated for 40 years (the study ran from 1932 - 1972). Even after penicilin became the standard treatment 1947 the government deliberately prevented the unwitting "subjects" from accessing the treatments or alternate medical advice for the next 25 years. They unknowingly infected their wives and had babies born with congenital syphilis. The study only ended due to a whistle-blower going to the media. Poisoning a bunch of civilians and lying your ass off is just normal everyday stuff for the US government.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:04:59 pm by Reelya »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58873 on: March 09, 2013, 09:00:15 pm »

My dad is capable of being the most ... arrogant, willfully ignorant bastard ... ever.

My brother is scamming him again....

My dad will NOT listen to me, no matter what. It's incredible. Who does he listen to, his son who is a (former?) drug addict, and who has been in tons of trouble, repeatedly.... I would've stayed out of it, except they are once again trying to drag me into it while ignoring/overtly denying that is what is happening. You can say whatever you want, I see what you did there. I see....

Now, come to find out, dad has been sending deadbeat brother a few thousand and deadbeat brother is trying to get dad to get me to call said deadbeat brother and "answer a few questions" for him, but "he doesn't want you to represent him or anything...."

??? .... Yeah, because I've never heard that before, every day of my life... from people trying to get something for nothing out of me....

This has happened before with him and he has yelled and screamed and tried to emotionally abuse the crap out of me for not doing whatever crazy thing he dreams up (no matter how stupid and or illegal) and also paying him for some reason. No. A thousand times no. I try to explain this to dad, who keeps giving me deadbeat's excuses until I finally just snap with a "Not under any circumstances, ever, at all, never." He keeps trying to talk me into it and I just keep repeatedly saying "no no no no no no no no no" as he is talking until he eventually stops talking. If he starts up with deadbeat's excuses again, I just keep repeatedly saying no. This is, sadly, the only thing that will work, short of me calling deadbeat brother and subjecting myself to his abuse, again.

I keep trying to tell my dad he is being scammed, again, for probably the 4th or 5th time (he has thrown money at said brother before to the tune of at least $20,000 that I know about and who knows how much that I don't know about). Dad kinda needs the money for himself to live, but that doesn't stop brother. Brother is trying to use his kids as leverage and emotional blackmail. I bet you brother is on welfare AND scamming money from dad and possibly working under the table.

"Not scamming...?" ???

"O really dad? Really? How do you know he's not on welfare when you say he couldn't possibly be living like he does on the $400-$500 a month you're sending him? How do you know that, or that he isn't drinking it away like before? Moreover, I work with low income and welfare populations every damn day (Some of whom are good, then there's Brother...), but don't believe me, believe the person telling you things to keep receiving more and more payments from you.... No ulterior motive on his part [cough] money [cough] he wants to keep getting more and more money from you [cough]."

To review/ TL;DR:
* When my deadbeat, scam artist brother speaks, dad listens and sends money, but insists he is not being scammed again.
* When I speak, dad ignores me, does the exact opposite of what I say, brushes me off with what is basically a "he knows better" and then bitches to me when everything  predictably and inevitably goes to hell.

Dad will listen to the son demanding money (who is "not scamming" him, again), but will ignore the one who doesn't and insist that one provide services to the son who "isn't scamming." Really? We're going there are we?
[sneezes] O, I'm sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit and it's just all over this.

I do not need this. Why do they keep involving me in this crap?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:05:42 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58874 on: March 10, 2013, 01:13:27 am »

Damnit can't fall asleep. . . at this point even if I did Id wake up late.  Stupid insomnia, another sleepless night. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 3923 3924 [3925] 3926 3927 ... 8167