Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3918 3919 [3920] 3921 3922 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476734 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58785 on: March 06, 2013, 03:31:59 pm »

According to people I know, I have a tremendous ability to craft words in such a way as to enthrall the reader, but I can't remember where or who I am half the time.
Are you Batman?
I might be. I have no idea.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58786 on: March 06, 2013, 03:33:51 pm »

Why o why did I end up in an industry where it's basically a given that the customer will never be satisfied.

You called? *everyone raises hand*

But seriously, do people really expect a magic fix from all of that? O_o That's crazy. It's either desperation or stupidity, and I hope it's the former because while it's worse in the short term it means, well, people in general aren't the problem.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58787 on: March 06, 2013, 03:50:14 pm »

According to people I know, I have a tremendous ability to craft words in such a way as to enthrall the reader, but I can't remember where or who I am half the time.
Are you Batman?
Do you break the bones of criminals and bygones? The hero the cities need not need nor want yet has for worse?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58788 on: March 06, 2013, 04:39:11 pm »

Are you Batman?
Do you break the bones of criminals and bygones? The hero the cities need not need nor want yet has for worse?
I try to explode things with my mind in my spare time.
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58789 on: March 06, 2013, 04:45:36 pm »

Are you Batman?
More Mr. Manhattan than a caped mammal.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58790 on: March 06, 2013, 04:47:25 pm »

Are you Batman?
More Mr. Manhattan than a caped mammal.
If that ever happens, something's gonna explode.
Sig! Onol

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58791 on: March 06, 2013, 07:42:58 pm »

Happy and sad...

Woken up by family.  Elect out of stuff I was woken up for, in favor of getting more sleep.  Family leaves.  I start having creepy alone thoughts, but am comfortable to let them run free in my head.  Creepy alone thoughts turn into amazing game concept.  Can't sleep because of amazing game concept.  Wish I actually had the resources to make it happen.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58792 on: March 06, 2013, 08:54:30 pm »

Dragging sorry ass down to drug store.  Oh lordy, I am sick.

Could be worse, but still, fuck.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58793 on: March 06, 2013, 08:54:56 pm »

I amsad because i'm trapped here at uni for six hours between classes and I'm reduced to reading fanfiction to staveoff boredom.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58794 on: March 06, 2013, 09:12:53 pm »

I amsad because i'm trapped here at uni for six hours between classes and I'm reduced to reading fanfiction to staveoff boredom.
This is essentially what I've been doing every week, I've been reading this one really famous work of fan fiction where the author added in some crazy new characters that weren't there originally (with names that totally don't fit the theme or the other character's names), redesigned a lot of people's personalities and gave them new spins, and made it pretty heavily about crazy husband/wife politics and people having affairs and such (with a dose of rather pointless fighting).

It's absolutely nuts and pays no respect to the stuff it was originally based off of, I love it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58795 on: March 06, 2013, 09:21:15 pm »

I've been reading this one really famous work of fan fiction where the author added in some crazy new characters that weren't there originally (with names that totally don't fit the theme or the other character's names), redesigned a lot of people's personalities and gave them new spins, and made it pretty heavily about crazy husband/wife politics and people having affairs and such (with a dose of rather pointless fighting).

It's absolutely nuts and pays no respect to the stuff it was originally based off of, I love it.
Begs the question then, why didn't they just write an original novel?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #58796 on: March 06, 2013, 09:23:49 pm »

*vague shrug* Why should they if not doing so works for 'em?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58797 on: March 06, 2013, 09:25:09 pm »

Besides, creating a setting takes a lot of work. Creating characters takes a lot of work.

If you have a story, don't want to profit off of it, have this great setting that it works GREAT for, and aren't that good at the actual... world-building part...

Why re-invent the wheel? Especially if you'll end up making a square instead?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58798 on: March 06, 2013, 09:32:48 pm »

Besides, creating a setting takes a lot of work. Creating characters takes a lot of work.

If you have a story, don't want to profit off of it, have this great setting that it works GREAT for, and aren't that good at the actual... world-building part...

Why re-invent the wheel? Especially if you'll end up making a square instead?
Probably. I'm still wondering about why he decided to take a setting that includes names like Cardinal Richelieu, D'artagnan, and King Louis XIII. But chose to name three of his characters Athos, Porthos, and Aramis.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #58799 on: March 06, 2013, 09:39:10 pm »

It took me a few seconds to recognize the joke there and narrowly avoid trying to "correct" you XD
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 3918 3919 [3920] 3921 3922 ... 8167