Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3901 3902 [3903] 3904 3905 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477266 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58530 on: February 27, 2013, 03:24:58 pm »

"HA! I've got it! We'll cripple our own systems! That'll show those pirates!"
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58531 on: February 27, 2013, 04:28:00 pm »

Class schedule for the next semester came out, and let me tell you, it is fucking horrible, whoever thought that having six hours of math is a good idea should be shot in the crotch. And then the rest of the week is pretty empty in the most awkward way possible leaving an hour or two gaps that really can't be used that much or having a class in the morning and the rest of the day off (seriously, why do these people like waking me up so damn early).

Need to game this a bit to fit it together better, and when I'm done that I'm sure they'll give out the lab class schedule which will completely fuck up anything I come up with :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #58532 on: February 27, 2013, 05:06:24 pm »

Dentist appointment tomorrow. Might have dental extraction in preparation for orthodontic braces. Will most definitely have braces. :(

Hello, constant pain. ;_;

I also have phobia of dentistry.

Braces aren't so bad. I had them when I was a kid. They hurt for a bit, but your mouth gets used to them pretty quickly.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58533 on: February 27, 2013, 06:28:42 pm »

Dentist appointment tomorrow. Might have dental extraction in preparation for orthodontic braces. Will most definitely have braces. :(

Hello, constant pain. ;_;

I also have phobia of dentistry.

Braces aren't so bad. I had them when I was a kid. They hurt for a bit, but your mouth gets used to them pretty quickly.

At least they aren't the acrylic ones. You know, the ones you have to put on when you sleep and take them off if you want to do anything, so your teeth never exactly get used to them so that is constant pain, especially considering the screws are adjusted in a silly manner. Anecdotal evidence, though.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58534 on: February 27, 2013, 06:37:22 pm »

braces suck, i couldn't eat even bread for a week :/

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #58535 on: February 27, 2013, 06:38:27 pm »

I'm of the opinion that 90% of the time, braces are unnecessary. Especially when you're like 14 and your mouth isn't done growing.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #58536 on: February 27, 2013, 06:43:04 pm »

I definitely needed them- I had an overly narrow palate- but then after a couple years I had them taken off, and my teeth work fine, but I have a crossbite. I'm thoroughly convinced that the only possible reason to get them put back on is the national obsession with perfect teeth- the orthodontist wouldn't admit it, but kept dodging the "well what if he never puts them back on again" question.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58537 on: February 27, 2013, 06:46:27 pm »

man they pulled out 4 teeth outta me before they stuck my braces in. It was that or get a jaw extender for 8 years

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58538 on: February 27, 2013, 06:54:02 pm »

I'm of the opinion that 90% of the time, braces are unnecessary. Especially when you're like 14 and your mouth isn't done growing.

It's far lower than 90%, and 14 is the best time to get them applied (BECAUSE your mouth isn't done growing) Misaligned teeth (note that I mean seriously misalignments such as overlapping teeth or your mouth not being able to close, which are usually predicted by a slight misalignment in youth) are incredibly painful. A fair bit of orthodontics is cosmetic, but not to nearly the degree you suggest. 55% at most.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #58539 on: February 27, 2013, 06:56:01 pm »

I got a set for bruxism a couple of weeks ago. They're moderatedly annoying. Headaches have gotten less frequent since I wear them though so I dont regret the investment.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:23:28 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58540 on: February 27, 2013, 07:03:59 pm »

Especially when you're like 14 and your mouth isn't done growing.
That's the point. Preventing it to getting fucked up, because it's way more painful and long to get it right when adult. Now, they're even earlier, like a few months at age 5-6.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #58541 on: February 27, 2013, 07:12:45 pm »

My teeth straightened out a ton as I grew. When I was like 11, everyone told me I needed to get braces, that my crooked teeth were going to be sideways when I was older. And the exact opposite happened.

I mean, I might be unique or lucky, but I don't feel like it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #58542 on: February 27, 2013, 07:14:14 pm »

I was pretty lucky to have been born with some pretty damn nice teeth as a kid, never had any teeth issues. Although the dentist always got on my ass to floss.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58543 on: February 27, 2013, 07:15:24 pm »

I wore braces for almost seven years, but the retainer they gave me didn't fit so it's probably all for naught now that it's been a year since they've been off.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58544 on: February 27, 2013, 07:20:15 pm »

Just taking a wiki walk through Wikipedia. What's this? Oh, just a list of every professional athlete who died while their career was ongoing.

Given the number of injuries that I sustained in the ring and on the football field and whatnot, I probably shouldn't have read that. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3901 3902 [3903] 3904 3905 ... 8167