Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3898 3899 [3900] 3901 3902 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9479017 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58485 on: February 26, 2013, 09:07:55 am »

Hey, remember how I did $14,000 in damage to my brodude's house at New Year's? And how I said "Thank the gods he has insurance, I just owe him the $500 deductible?"

Guess who just got a letter from said insurance company saying they want $15,000 in reimbursement, because they've determined I'm at fault? (apparently they want not just the money they paid out, but they're even seeking to recover the deductible...which they wouldn't pay him, so they're basically looking to make a small profit on the whole thing.)

I....maybe this is just the "new me", but I'm not going to let this beat me down. I've been enjoying life entirely too damn much to let some greedy motherfucking paper-pusher try to ruin it for me.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58486 on: February 26, 2013, 03:50:51 pm »

Tell them to piss off, it wasn't you, it was alchohol or whatever else you ingested, they can go and sue those guys for cash instead :P

Also, sad of today, the whole shitstorm about The Life of Pi and the studio that did the VFX is simply ugly, especially the way they handled it at the Oscars, the motherfuckers.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58487 on: February 26, 2013, 03:57:54 pm »

Also, sad of today, the whole shitstorm about The Life of Pi and the studio that did the VFX is simply ugly, especially the way they handled it at the Oscars, the motherfuckers.
What's happening?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58488 on: February 26, 2013, 04:03:27 pm »

Some info.

The gist of it is that the guys who did LoP VFX, Rythm & Hues went bankrupt and when the guy who worked there was accepting the award he tried to let people know that the studio is going trough some fincial troubles, only to be cut short by the Jaws theme.

And pretty much the entirety of the digital artist community is up in arms about this because lets face it, they did the majority of the work on the film and won an award for it only to be shat upon by the entire Hollywood.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58489 on: February 26, 2013, 04:18:45 pm »

Tell them to piss off, it wasn't you, it was alchohol or whatever else you ingested, they can go and sue those guys for cash instead :P
Exactly, blame the medication prescribed to you by Dr. J. Daniels.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58490 on: February 26, 2013, 04:22:33 pm »

Actually, what'll probably happen is I'll direct it to my homeowners' insurance company under the personal liability coverage (which more than covers the $15,000) and then they can utilize their lawyers to form a defensive law shield against the other company's lawyer attack. It's really too bad he and I don't have the same insurance company. It would be amusing to drag it out and see how long it would take them to realize that they're just sueing themselves.

I think at this point, worst-case scenario is that my rates go up a minor amount. Could be thorny as my ex-wife is keeping the policy, I'm not. Hopefully they can denote somehow that the drunk moron responsible is no longer on that policy so her rates don't go up.

Exactly, blame the medication prescribed to you by Dr. J. Daniels.
Ahh, this was actually Dr. J. Beam, of Kentucky. There's also the fact that the overflow valve on the tub DOESN'T WORK. If pressed to the wall, I'd wield that like a club, except I want to make super-sure that wouldn't somehow come back to bite my brodude in the ass and have them suddenly deny the claim and want $15K from him.

This whole thing has made me add insurance to the list of industries/professions which I'd be happy to see shot into the sun. They'll have to elbow aside all the marketing and advertising execs to make room in the rocket.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58491 on: February 26, 2013, 04:33:20 pm »

Sad because Bd's kitty.
Sad because RedKing getting caught in a legal bear trap.
Sad because my dad just cracked at my moms screaming and possibly attacked her.. Heard alot of struggling and screaming.. Now they can both get the fuck on my shitlist.

What the fuck am i gonna do? What about if i ever get kiddies, whos gonna be the grannieos?

Im gonna die.. Oh god what is my mom doing i hear shuffling from her room..

Oh sweet vodka.. Where are you, my buried treasure?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58492 on: February 26, 2013, 04:39:48 pm »

Seriously....you need to find the nearest Social Services office and throw yourself on their mercy to do something. That environment is beyond toxic for you.  :(

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58493 on: February 26, 2013, 04:58:08 pm »

Was just cussed out by a landlord I'm suing. It wasn't even that he cussed me out, it was that he was so ... inartful doing it.... Did kinda piss me off, but I more or less tuned out after the first 5 minutes.

I sometimes wish I didn't have to maintain a professional response to such things, because part of me wouldn't mind diving right down to his level instead of saying:

"Well, aside from an unfortunate and slight waste of both our time, that didn't really accomplish anything. I truly don't know what you expected to accomplish here: "curse me into dropping a lawsuit I've already filed?" I don't usually counsel opposing parties and that really isn't even what I'm about to do, but you need a lawyer in this. I'm going to print out the number to three bar associations. I recommend you call them and ask for a lawyer who handles landlord tenant evictions, to make this fair. Now if you chose not to get a lawyer and go on with this pro se, representing yourself with no lawyer, I suppose that's your choice. However, I can't stress enough that to make it fair for you, you should really hire an attorney. Also the use of profanity like that really doesn't help your case, not that I personally mind it, even when it's directed at me, but it doesn't do you any good."

[He storms out, I call after him]

"So, I'll just mail you those contact information for the bar associations then...? I shall take your middle finger as a rude yes. Thank you and have a lovely day, sir."

I prefer my criminals.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58494 on: February 26, 2013, 05:00:39 pm »

Don't tell me you're really going to help him get a lawyer when you're the one suing him.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

narkamorel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58495 on: February 26, 2013, 05:00:56 pm »

today's flavor of the sads features reminding myself of someone i grew unreasonably close to and how i fucked up everything in the context of a matter that i now consider trivial. sure, i'd probably be welcomed back if i took my time to explain everything, but my bullshit mentality is giving me a hard time with the very concept. also, seconding what redking said.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58496 on: February 26, 2013, 05:01:24 pm »

Don't tell me you're really going to help him get a lawyer when you're the one suing him.

Truean is a pretty amazing guy. :D

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58497 on: February 26, 2013, 05:01:55 pm »

And pretty much the entirety of the digital artist community is up in arms about this because lets face it, they did the majority of the work on the film and won an award for it only to be shat upon by the entire Hollywood.

Samuel L Jackson is on my shitlist, and Robert Downy Jr earned some major points.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58498 on: February 26, 2013, 05:04:07 pm »

Theres an awkward dead silence over my house now.. I dare not exit my room. I dare not.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58499 on: February 26, 2013, 05:05:08 pm »

Yup. Rather I'll point him in the direction of a bar association that will give him a few to call.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 3898 3899 [3900] 3901 3902 ... 8167