Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3897 3898 [3899] 3900 3901 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481145 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58470 on: February 25, 2013, 06:01:46 pm »

Good lord i went shitposting there. Sexual frustration or psychosis? I dunno.
Maybe i should just go back. Head back to where i am not happy nor sad because of being not happy.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58471 on: February 25, 2013, 06:31:28 pm »

I did not enjoy The Amazing Spiderman.  Everyone seems to love it, but for me I felt like it wasn't very coherent, and was full of plot holes.  And the villain was boring.  I actually sincerely doubt that I'll see any other parts of the series, unless the entire internet suddenly starts nerdgasming over their majesty.

It's just backlash against the first three Spiderman movies.  The best I can figure out is that the first Spiderman was too serious.  He didn't drop constant humor quips like in the comics.  Then they did the "emo" scene in the third movie and everyone lost their shit.  New Spiderman does one-liners, therefore everyone must gush all over it as just another way of expressing their hatred for the old one.  I agree that it's more faithful to the flavor of the comic book character, but it's also quite the nitpick to get all up in arms over, in my opinion.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58472 on: February 25, 2013, 06:38:43 pm »

This woman has people who agree with her. I want to like society, but when it forms large enough groups who follow people like that; I'm not sure I can.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58473 on: February 25, 2013, 06:39:22 pm »

Good lord i went shitposting there. Sexual frustration or psychosis? I dunno.
Maybe i should just go back. Head back to where i am not happy nor sad because of being not happy.

Whatever it was, your mastery of the english language and your ability to make it your mind - slave impress me so. :P

(Referring to the 'mothership' sentence.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58474 on: February 25, 2013, 07:04:33 pm »

It's just backlash against the first three Spiderman movies.  The best I can figure out is that the first Spiderman was too serious.  He didn't drop constant humor quips like in the comics.  Then they did the "emo" scene in the third movie and everyone lost their shit.  New Spiderman does one-liners, therefore everyone must gush all over it as just another way of expressing their hatred for the old one.  I agree that it's more faithful to the flavor of the comic book character, but it's also quite the nitpick to get all up in arms over, in my opinion.

That's true, I do feel like new Spiderman somehow feels more like comics-Spidey, but... comics-Spidey doesn't have all that much emotional range >_>  I liked the first three way better.  Hurmph.

I'm just letting off steam, don't mind me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58475 on: February 25, 2013, 07:07:16 pm »

I just plain don't like Spiderman. It's boring.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #58476 on: February 25, 2013, 07:14:22 pm »

Odd. How does he know who shows up anyway? And can't you just watch the video online later on if the weather is bad (or the time is early :v)...

The only lecture I need to show up for is the one for which I supposedly get a certificate to work with genetically modified critters. Other than that profs don't care. Or rather, they can't care as there are ~200 students and they can't know everyone.

Genetically modified critters?  What's your major?  I'm kind of interested in that stuff but I'm not completely sure if I want to go into it myself, so I'd love to hear what you think of it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58477 on: February 25, 2013, 09:00:39 pm »

That's true, I do feel like new Spiderman somehow feels more like comics-Spidey, but... comics-Spidey doesn't have all that much emotional range >_>  I liked the first three way better.  Hurmph.

I'm just letting off steam, don't mind me.

I agree.  I like the tone of the movies, doing away with some of the camp.  I think they should give a nod to it once in a while, but other than that I approve.  Comic book fans seem to want the full campiness of the original stories, though.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58478 on: February 25, 2013, 10:59:07 pm »

I liked the first Spidey movie, hated the second, didn't bother with the third, and likely won't bother with the latest one.

First one was fun and had a good villain while competently establishing Spidey's character. Second one had a pitiful love plot, a boring villain, and unchanging characters (well, unchanging past the first 30 minutes or so).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58479 on: February 25, 2013, 11:10:43 pm »

The 2nd one was actually my favorite.  Don't think I've met anyone who shares that opinion.  I thought it had the most creative and intense choreography, did the best job portraying Spidey pushed to his limits physically and emotionally, and I liked how they developed his relationship with the community.

I liked the 3rd one too, honestly.  I thought its biggest problem was pacing.  It meandered too much on unimportant scenes for a movie that was trying to juggle a plot with several villains and converging plotlines.  Other than that, I don't understand the hatred for it, other than "OMG Spiderman is emo!"

Neither of them are anything deep.  They're mainstream family-friendly stuff, so I don't expect anything profound from the story or non-stereotypical characters.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #58480 on: February 26, 2013, 12:14:32 am »

I left my kitten at my mother's house today. Found out an hour ago that she accidentally killed him. Apparently he jumped into the washing machine, and she didn't notice he was in there somehow and started up a load of laundry. He was in there for an hour before she opened it, and found him dead. This is seriously fucked up.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #58481 on: February 26, 2013, 12:20:49 am »

I... oh lawds jeebus. You have all of my condolences, Bdthemag. I'm really sorry for your loss.  :C

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58482 on: February 26, 2013, 01:20:11 am »

I am so sorry to hear that.  Seriously, that's... that's terrible.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58483 on: February 26, 2013, 03:36:50 am »

I left my kitten at my mother's house today. Found out an hour ago that she accidentally killed him. Apparently he jumped into the washing machine, and she didn't notice he was in there somehow and started up a load of laundry. He was in there for an hour before she opened it, and found him dead. This is seriously fucked up.

That's horrible. I'd probably never be able to completely forgive my mother if she did something like that, even though it wouldn't really be her fault.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #58484 on: February 26, 2013, 03:50:13 am »

Ugh, whenever I conflict or diagree with someone it winds up eating at me for the next few days because I keep thinking of alternate ways things could have gone.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 3897 3898 [3899] 3900 3901 ... 8167