Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3896 3897 [3898] 3899 3900 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481204 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58455 on: February 25, 2013, 09:44:25 am »

Mostly, I can't be assed to think up another tree-nickname >_______>

Seriously, the minute I get out of here I'll be fine.  I'm unhappy now, but I'm expecting zero long-term damage.
If I had my druthers, dude's name would be Stump.  :P

I do believe that you'll shake it off once you're not in proximity.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58456 on: February 25, 2013, 11:55:05 am »

High school is like an ultra-high gravity zone, they say o.O Physics gets screwed with near it.

was?

While i'm betting.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #58457 on: February 25, 2013, 02:31:15 pm »

Remember that real life isn't a dating sim.  No one, reality included, owes you a relationship no matter which character creation and conversation choices you make.

Shoes...

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58458 on: February 25, 2013, 03:04:55 pm »

Aint saying that either.
Im just being a dick about it.
Everyone asks me when ill get a girl.
I dont answer the question.

Its just like i am magically excluded from being liked.

If i was a bit more gullible i would actually have believed in that curse that new age witch cast upon me. But no. Witchcraft dosent exist.

Im just one of those people that will be ignored and forgotten.
Only people on the internet like me. Is it my face? Is it my voice? Cant be the smell, i wash everyday. I dont wear my saggy nerd tshirts when im out.

Maybe i should open up myself and go looking for the batteries and wires, because maybe i am just that tool robot that everyone uses and stows away. Maybe i should go call for the mothership because maybe im an alien. Maybe i should just go back in my corner and skowl in frustration and envy.

Maybe i should just take my medication and cut my genitials off so i have no emotion nor sexual drive.

Maybe i should just shut up and hope yhat theres cake in the end.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58459 on: February 25, 2013, 04:26:08 pm »

You can go and bake a cake. Like, right now. It might take some effort and you might not even know what you're doing; but if you mess it up you can try it again until you get a cake that you're pleased with.
I'm assuming that the cake is a metaphor for happiness or something. Real cake is pretty good too though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58460 on: February 25, 2013, 04:31:45 pm »

You must go into the world and seize the cake, lest GlaDOS dump you into the incinerator instead.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58461 on: February 25, 2013, 04:40:31 pm »

You must go into the world and seize the cake, lest GlaDOS dump you into the incinerator instead.
Carpe Lagunum?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58462 on: February 25, 2013, 04:45:44 pm »

Ugh. It's storming super-heavily and I've got no umbrella. I don't want to travel 3-5km to the station with thunderstorming the way on my new lab manual and other books. I only have two lectures, and even then only two introductory lectures. I thoroughly detest getting rained on even though I love the rain.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #58463 on: February 25, 2013, 05:07:28 pm »

Plastic bags? Double/triple bag the soakable things, stick a few on your head, set to walking  Maybe have a change of clothes. Or throw a message to the teach you might be a lil' late and go buy an umbrella/bum one off a neighbor or something.

There are solutions if you seek them! Showing up on rainy days tend to net professor points anyway, especially when a lot of the class doesn't.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #58464 on: February 25, 2013, 05:08:49 pm »

Since when are you supposed to go to lectures o_O?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #58465 on: February 25, 2013, 05:13:04 pm »

Since the point you occasionally run late or bugger up assignments and you need to be on the teacher's good side. Or at least don't mind the help on that front. Plus you sometimes learn neat things!

... sometimes.

And depending on how annoyed the teacher is with the folks not showing up, you sometimes get out of extra work. More than once I've had th'teach waive assignments for the folks that were actually arsed to show up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #58466 on: February 25, 2013, 05:15:32 pm »

Odd. How does he know who shows up anyway? And can't you just watch the video online later on if the weather is bad (or the time is early :v)...

The only lecture I need to show up for is the one for which I supposedly get a certificate to work with genetically modified critters. Other than that profs don't care. Or rather, they can't care as there are ~200 students and they can't know everyone.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58467 on: February 25, 2013, 05:28:44 pm »

Eh, it's first week of uni so the lectures are going to be nothing more than 'Hi I'm your new lecturer and this is this class, also here's some very basic groundwork.' Not worth going to in my opinion.
Especially since I can get the lecture online, and stay dry that way.

I don't skive off on lectures normally, I go to every one unless there's a good reason for me not.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58468 on: February 25, 2013, 05:47:59 pm »

Aint saying that either.
Im just being a dick about it.
Everyone asks me when ill get a girl.
I dont answer the question.

Its just like i am magically excluded from being liked.

If i was a bit more gullible i would actually have believed in that curse that new age witch cast upon me. But no. Witchcraft dosent exist.

Im just one of those people that will be ignored and forgotten.
Only people on the internet like me. Is it my face? Is it my voice? Cant be the smell, i wash everyday. I dont wear my saggy nerd tshirts when im out.

Maybe i should open up myself and go looking for the batteries and wires, because maybe i am just that tool robot that everyone uses and stows away. Maybe i should go call for the mothership because maybe im an alien. Maybe i should just go back in my corner and skowl in frustration and envy.

Maybe i should just take my medication and cut my genitials off so i have no emotion nor sexual drive.

Maybe i should just shut up and hope yhat theres cake in the end.

The general sentiment i take. Hormones and more hormones! I suspect your still young yet, and there's more then a little time. I say this from a parallel in age, likely lesser attractiveness, and with all the self doubt you have turned to frustration with humanity; therefore, i give you good odds if I'm still in a position to state that.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:49:53 pm by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58469 on: February 25, 2013, 05:59:49 pm »

I did not enjoy The Amazing Spiderman.  Everyone seems to love it, but for me I felt like it wasn't very coherent, and was full of plot holes.  And the villain was boring.  I actually sincerely doubt that I'll see any other parts of the series, unless the entire internet suddenly starts nerdgasming over their majesty.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 3896 3897 [3898] 3899 3900 ... 8167