Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3887 3888 [3889] 3890 3891 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486211 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58320 on: February 22, 2013, 02:49:22 am »

I feel I keep having dreams stemming from my chronic loneliness. I'd call the most recent one extremely convincing, but you can convince anyone of anything if they want it badly enough: In the dream, there was an extremely old crush I had in Highschool who was aged a bit, and now my girlfriend. I wasn't the awkward shit I'm always picturing myself to be, and was just having fun with her and all my other friends. Perhaps it was real easy to tell it was a dream, even while dreaming, cause I was openly wondering to myself how I couldn't remember any time we ever spent together, and how I couldn't remember her face until I saw her in my dream, and how people in stores were just giving me things for free cause I'm s-p-e-c-i-a-l kind of made it really really obvious. But still, it was one of those dreams where it felt like real life was the nightmare that you woke up from, and the dream was the actual life.

Waking up, as always, it's like "Why aren't you dead yet?", I'm just not sure how to start up my life. My Job Coach has just given up on me, so now I'm just on my own in that aspect. I'm always getting angry over silly things. I don't want to go to sleep, cause I don't want time to skip forward to the next day. I want time to just stop.

I wish I could just follow what ordinary people do, just so I know what it's like in the shoes of someone that's not fucked up.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #58321 on: February 22, 2013, 03:07:27 am »

"I never look back dahrling, it distracts from the NOW."

<3 Edna Mode from The Incredibles.

I read that as "I never look back dahling, it distracts from WoW." It still made sense.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58322 on: February 22, 2013, 03:07:54 am »

I wish I could just follow what ordinary people do, just so I know what it's like in the shoes of someone that's not fucked up.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but this whole idea is something that just doesn't exist.  There's no breezing through life by being "ordinary".  The closest I've ever met to this description are a few co-workers I've had who are almost completely robotic.  They have zero personality.  They work, watch some tv, sleep, and go back to work.  That's it.  Unless they've managed to dissolve their ego into some sort of zen bliss, there's no way they're happy or fulfilled, no matter how stable their lives may be.  Some people fall into this because life is completely uninspiring to them and going to work and being told what to do is the only thing they can imagine doing with themselves.  I don't think you want to be like that.

I can relate to your hatred for sleep, though.  The main reason I have so much trouble forcing myself to go to sleep when I need to is because the next thing I'll know is waking up and going back to work.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58323 on: February 22, 2013, 03:14:38 am »

"I never look back dahrling, it distracts from the NOW."

<3 Edna Mode from The Incredibles.
I thought for sure that she was Linda Hunt (the lady who plays Hetty on NCIS:LA). Also, the narrator and Gaia in the God of War series, apparently. Turns out, I couldn't have been farther from the truth.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58324 on: February 22, 2013, 03:16:43 am »

But Hetty IS Edna Mode.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58325 on: February 22, 2013, 03:18:28 am »

But Hetty IS Edna Mode.
That said, Edna Mode is voiced by...Brad Bird, the guy who wrote "The Incredibles".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #58326 on: February 22, 2013, 03:20:25 am »

But Hetty IS Edna Mode.
That said, Edna Mode is voiced by...Brad Bird, the guy who wrote "The Incredibles".
And The Iron Giant.
DAMN IT MY EYES ARE SWEATING AGAIN
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #58327 on: February 22, 2013, 08:30:45 am »

Woke up this morning, and still feel sick with a runny ass nose and a sore throat. Dammit.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58328 on: February 22, 2013, 09:47:29 am »

Found out that I have no chance of passing the courses I'm in this term. I guess it's back to washing dishes 60 hours a week, $6,000 in the hole and clinging to fantasies of better lives. Some people are just incurably stupid, I guess! :D
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58329 on: February 22, 2013, 09:49:14 am »

Incongruous smiley is incongruous.  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58330 on: February 22, 2013, 10:42:39 am »

Incongruous smiley is incongruous.  ???
Well, bitterness never got anyone anywhere but into alcoholism or worse. I wasn't entitled to anything in the first place, so sad as it is today, nothing's really getting any worse.
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58331 on: February 22, 2013, 12:01:41 pm »

Found out that I have no chance of passing the courses I'm in this term. I guess it's back to washing dishes 60 hours a week, $6,000 in the hole and clinging to fantasies of better lives. Some people are just incurably stupid, I guess! :D

That sucks. What do you think went wrong? Sometimes just the perception that you're inferior can sink itself into your mind and make itself a self-fulfilling prophecy. I know I tend to do worse when I'm in a period of self-loathing and doubt my abilities.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58332 on: February 22, 2013, 02:07:06 pm »

There's also a component of hard work - in fact, I'd say that's often much more of a factor than intellect.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58333 on: February 22, 2013, 02:12:17 pm »

There's also a component of hard work - in fact, I'd say that's often much more of a factor than intellect.

This has been demonstrated in scientific studies.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #58334 on: February 22, 2013, 02:22:28 pm »

Ah, so I'm not stupid, just lazy. I always suspected as much.

More seriously, intelligence is just a consequence of hard work anyway.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 3887 3888 [3889] 3890 3891 ... 8167