Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3866 3867 [3868] 3869 3870 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473277 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58005 on: February 09, 2013, 07:25:09 pm »

Dude I've had a crush on for a while recently said "Fucking gays, they're ruining america!"
Welp, there go my chances.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #58006 on: February 09, 2013, 07:26:25 pm »

Dude I've had a crush on for a while recently said "Fucking gays, they're ruining america!"
Welp, there go my chances.
See it as a challenge.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58007 on: February 09, 2013, 07:28:19 pm »

Use your charms and diplomatic intellect to win his heart and then his mind.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58008 on: February 09, 2013, 07:35:08 pm »

And then his pants.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58009 on: February 09, 2013, 08:42:55 pm »

Friend of mine not going to school anymore.

With my social tendencies, that probably means I may not see her... ever. Yikes.

EDIT: Wow, I'm actually feeling bad about this. I haven't felt sad about much anything that much before. Didn't know I get so attached to people >_<
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:52:27 pm by Putnam »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58010 on: February 10, 2013, 12:07:29 am »

Damn it, the first fighting game in years that I was considering playing, and of course it gets deep-sixed. >.>
I'm not sure why they've blocked it if it's not - for - profit. I can't see Hasbro themselves making a MLP fighting game - that would ruin their 'child friendly' reputation. :(
Because they need to defend their trademark - IIRC if they don't then they lose it completely if it ends up actually being challenged. Actually giving them permission to continue has other problems, of which the children's TV show is one.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58011 on: February 10, 2013, 02:07:12 am »

Damn it, the first fighting game in years that I was considering playing, and of course it gets deep-sixed. >.>
I'm not sure why they've blocked it if it's not - for - profit. I can't see Hasbro themselves making a MLP fighting game - that would ruin their 'child friendly' reputation. :(
Because they need to defend their trademark - IIRC if they don't then they lose it completely if it ends up actually being challenged. Actually giving them permission to continue has other problems, of which the children's TV show is one.
This. The law is (according to my rather shaky memories) such that if a copyright holder knows of a breach and doesn't take action, they can risk losing it (and thus potentially have someone else snatch it up). It's easy to blame companies, but they aren't necessarily the real culprit. That said, it's not exactly a brutal, gory game, at least judging by the footage the devs had up. I don't see why they (Hasbro) couldn't have essentially wink-wink-nudge-nudge taken over development and essentially let the devs go forward with a bit of oversight to protect their interests.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #58012 on: February 10, 2013, 02:20:06 am »

That's Trademark, not Copyright, which you lose if not enforced.

It also particularly opposite from Patents (see 'Submarine Patents')
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58013 on: February 10, 2013, 02:50:32 am »

This. The law is (according to my rather shaky memories) such that if a copyright holder knows of a breach and doesn't take action, they can risk losing it (and thus potentially have someone else snatch it up). It's easy to blame companies, but they aren't necessarily the real culprit. That said, it's not exactly a brutal, gory game, at least judging by the footage the devs had up. I don't see why they (Hasbro) couldn't have essentially wink-wink-nudge-nudge taken over development and essentially let the devs go forward with a bit of oversight to protect their interests.
It's quite possible they just didn't want to deal with all that stuff. Even though it's not gory or anything, it is still a game that revolves around fighting. I can imagine that moral guardians would jump onto the fact that they're doing this, and label it as promoting violence to children or something equally silly. It would also set a bit of a precedent of them doing that sort of thing, which means they would likely get quite a few more offers to do the same with other people, and suddenly they have a whole bunch of extra baggage that's not making them money.

And yeah, you shouldn't say copyright when you mean trademark. :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #58014 on: February 10, 2013, 02:57:33 am »

The execs probably decided that whatever gain from pleasing a 'small' portion of their fanbase that wasn't even their target audience wasn't worth it. : <

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58015 on: February 10, 2013, 05:03:50 am »

Oh god I just noticed the glaring mistake on my piece I sent for the contest, granted I was tired and wanted to get it over with but damn how could I not notice something right behind his freaking head :C

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #58016 on: February 10, 2013, 06:01:03 am »

Dear diary: today I had to manually de-impact an impacted colon. Yes, it involves exactly what you're thinking and disbelieving

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_impaction
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:09:35 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58017 on: February 10, 2013, 08:31:19 am »

i guess the username is unfortunately appropriate then D:
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58018 on: February 10, 2013, 08:58:09 am »

My brain decided to have the dumbs today, thus preventing me from writing anything and staving off sadness.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #58019 on: February 10, 2013, 03:42:32 pm »

i guess the username is unfortunately appropriate then D:
I must be woefully misinformed about what the duties of a chairman entail.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 3866 3867 [3868] 3869 3870 ... 8167