Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3860 3861 [3862] 3863 3864 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471762 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57915 on: February 05, 2013, 08:14:06 pm »

Everything hurts. My throat, teeth, joints, lungs... anyone else sick?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #57916 on: February 05, 2013, 08:25:45 pm »

My triceps still hurt from my session on Sunday. I suppose that's what will happen if you don't train them for a month and then you suddenly pretend you can martial trance them and lift five bazillion kilotons three trillion times :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #57917 on: February 06, 2013, 04:20:06 am »

Fever, dry cough, headache and joint pains. Damned flu...

But what's worse, I have three exams tomorrow :/ Dunno how I will find time to battle the flu whilst preparing for them, hell, I don't know if I will be able to go for them tomorrow...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57918 on: February 06, 2013, 06:31:54 am »

Guy at bus stop with bag of chips: Look, they don't even fill them up all the way to the top anymore. This is your generations fault you know, for being too lazy to complain when companies are screwing you over.
Me: I think they only fill them up half way so they they have some cushioning and don't all get crushed in transport.
Guy: I can't believe you kids are so stupid you believe that!
Me: ???

God I hate loud annoying people of that nature. Great way to ruin a nice bus trip.
Having worked in a packaging plant doing quality control, I know that the bags also don't have normal air in them. The air in the bags is almost 95% nitrogen, because it keeps the product fresher longer.

Yeah, I had an interaction like that.

Me: *presses bus stop button at a stop that's guaranteed to stop regardless because I was unfamiliar with the route*
Guy: Fucking generation Y.
Me: Sorry, what?
Guy: You heard me. Your generation are all fuckwits. Pressing the button when it's gonna stop anyway, fucking kids.
Me: Good on ya, mate.
Me: (thinking) And we're the ones who will be repairing the economic damage from the Baby Boomers.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57919 on: February 06, 2013, 09:59:39 am »

Guy at bus stop with bag of chips: Look, they don't even fill them up all the way to the top anymore. This is your generations fault you know, for being too lazy to complain when companies are screwing you over.
Me: I think they only fill them up half way so they they have some cushioning and don't all get crushed in transport.
Guy: I can't believe you kids are so stupid you believe that!
Me: ???

God I hate loud annoying people of that nature. Great way to ruin a nice bus trip.
Having worked in a packaging plant doing quality control, I know that the bags also don't have normal air in them. The air in the bags is almost 95% nitrogen, because it keeps the product fresher longer.

Yeah, I had an interaction like that.

Me: *presses bus stop button at a stop that's guaranteed to stop regardless because I was unfamiliar with the route*
Guy: Fucking generation Y.
Me: Sorry, what?
Guy: You heard me. Your generation are all fuckwits. Pressing the button when it's gonna stop anyway, fucking kids.
Me: Good on ya, mate.
Me: (thinking) And we're the ones who will be repairing the economic damage from the Baby Boomers.

What is with you guys, passing up all these people begging to be anonymously KTFO'd?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #57920 on: February 06, 2013, 11:23:21 am »

So I was minding my own business looking up things to kill time. And while listening to music for nostalgia for a game series I liked that a close friend reminded me of pretty recently thanks to some nice ideas of his I saw what looked like a video for the first few minutes of what looked like a DS remake of the second game of the series?

... Super nice and polished 3d areas and nice detailed sprites? Being able to actually choose the main characters class AND gender for once? Actual animated non static battle sprites? ... Wh...

Metal Max 2 reloaded y u no english. I'm seriously considering the value in learning Japanese at  this point given how much this language barrier pops up for me.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57921 on: February 06, 2013, 11:41:18 am »

They keep a lot of good stuff to themselves, yeah. They being the non-english video game sphere :P

But we have translators! Ones that do it for free. They'll get around to it eventually. It just... takes a while.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57922 on: February 06, 2013, 11:48:39 am »

They keep a lot of good stuff to themselves, yeah. They being the non-english video game sphere :P

But we have translators! Ones that do it for free. They'll get around to it eventually. It just... takes a while.
Well, they have a backlog of hentai to work through, y'know...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57923 on: February 06, 2013, 11:50:38 am »

We have other translators for that, actually, and there's usually not much overlap. It doesn't cause a notable impact on the video game translation, so far as I'm aware. Different skillsets involved.
Ask not!
Ask!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57924 on: February 06, 2013, 11:52:56 am »

Really? I always assumed that there tended to be a lot of overlap in the fan-translation community. One big happy, slightly disturbing bilingual otaku pool.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57925 on: February 06, 2013, 12:04:24 pm »

Well, there's a fair chunk of interaction among the manga/anime style stuff, but not so much between that and gaming. Like I said, the skill set required for game translation (above and beyond the relatively simple translation part) is generally quite different from the skill set required for video/graphic novels, and the bulk of adult, if you will, translation work occurs with anime and manga (frankly put, naughty games tend to be considerably lower quality than the comparative difference between licit and illicit manga/anime). So the racier stuff doesn't have terribly much impact among game translation, insofar as distracting capable folks from working on the more straight-laced stuff.

You occasionally get folks going off and translating stuff like Sengoku Rance, but... well, that's actually a good game despite the racy bits. Same for stuff like fate/stay night and Tsukihime. Most folks won't invest the time needed to translate a game (which is considerably more than what you need to translate a manga, or often even a manga series. Bit closer timeframe with anime, but still more investment with a game, generally.) unless the game's pretty good for some reason. Most adult games are, well, crap. So they don't often get translated. Too much effort for too little reward, so to speak.
Ask not!
Ask!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #57926 on: February 06, 2013, 12:17:55 pm »

Also the fact that in this case there's a relative lack of intrest. Aeon Genisis has been very slowly plodding along with the translation for the SNES version of Metal Max 2, but really I don't think they're ever gonna complete it. Plus there's the fact that translating on the DS is a decent chunk harder since there's less well known tools and methods compared to the years of experience people have hacking up SNES games.

Really, I doubt it's even gonna get picked up by anyone in the first place. Given how unknown Metal Max is here in the us. Now Ill never get WHY personally given the original NES version of the first game even was far more innovative than pretty much any JRPG for years.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:19:53 pm by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57927 on: February 06, 2013, 12:25:51 pm »

It'll happen! It just might take another thirty years or something >_>

Metal Max has seemed pretty well known in the translation world, and that they're solid games isn't exactly a secret to everyone. It'll just take a while before someone capable and interested comes along, and possibly/probably some tool creation in the interim. Which'll happen, sooner or later. The toolsets are coming along. At a snail's pace, but movement is movement. We've got NDS translations out there already, so it's really just a matter of time before techniques disseminate and toolsets are constructed.
Ask not!
Ask!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57928 on: February 06, 2013, 04:15:34 pm »

And before long, we'll have reliable machine-translation and/or universal translators! :D And/or uploading an entire language into your own head, bypassing the need to learn it. (I like that last one, I want the different mindsets that accompany the different languages. >w>)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57929 on: February 06, 2013, 04:23:08 pm »

And before long, we'll have reliable machine-translation and/or universal translators! :D And/or uploading an entire language into your own head, bypassing the need to learn it. (I like that last one, I want the different mindsets that accompany the different languages. >w>)
And long ago, we are a reliable machine translation and / or universal translators needed! And / or avoid the need to learn it, install all language into its place. (I was the last one, I like the different languages, with different mindsets.> W>)

.....I think we still have a ways to go.  ;D (above is the result of translating English->Azerbaijani->English in Google Translate)

Pages: 1 ... 3860 3861 [3862] 3863 3864 ... 8167