Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3859 3860 [3861] 3862 3863 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471646 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57900 on: February 05, 2013, 01:42:25 am »

Facebook has a chat function thingy.

If you like this girl, use it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57901 on: February 05, 2013, 02:58:32 am »

Note that the original novel was very dark in its way, as well (at the end, Tinkerbell is dead, and Peter is too childlike to remember, or care, who she was, for example).

Skold

• Bay Watcher
  • Halaster has nothing on me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57902 on: February 05, 2013, 03:02:06 am »

The only person who I thought wanted to play video games with me from the looks of things doesn't actually want to play with me and instead plays the game I play with him in a sort of half-ass fashion that involves letting me win. I was angry at first but now I'm really sad and I now feel like isolating myself once again. Why can't I have friends that genuinely want to do things with me?
I was known as dei before. Chances are that isn't a good thing.

Just as a warning, I have Asperger's Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Between the lack of a sense of humor, the eccentricities, bizarre obsessions and the swiss cheese-like memory, talking to me should be interesting.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57903 on: February 05, 2013, 04:07:23 am »

Guy at bus stop with bag of chips: Look, they don't even fill them up all the way to the top anymore. This is your generations fault you know, for being too lazy to complain when companies are screwing you over.
Me: I think they only fill them up half way so they they have some cushioning and don't all get crushed in transport.
Guy: I can't believe you kids are so stupid you believe that!
Me: ???

God I hate loud annoying people of that nature. Great way to ruin a nice bus trip.
Having worked in a packaging plant doing quality control, I know that the bags also don't have normal air in them. The air in the bags is almost 95% nitrogen, because it keeps the product fresher longer.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57904 on: February 05, 2013, 05:52:27 am »

Oh come on this is the second time already that I've missed my re-registration deadline!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57905 on: February 05, 2013, 08:57:49 am »

Wait, North or South Korean?
I thought South Korea was fine, and North Korea didn't have public internet access.
South Koreans often come #1 in international student comparisons, but their education system is extremely strict.

This is nothing to do with North Korea.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57906 on: February 05, 2013, 09:07:59 am »

So, I had a dream. . .
I had a sream where 23 year old pisskop was going to a party with friends that reminded him of college (specifically the older ones who had the connections) and he was looking forward to it.  He really wanted to date (i.e. not just sleep with) this one girl; who recipricated, but she was shy, and college is not a great place for the shy.  pisskop kept getting pulled off on some (somehow non-alcoholic, no actual booze anywhere in the dream) adventure wherein he would end up in some orgie or discussing some liberal agenda.

Also present was the infamous scene from the back of his mind where he walked through the drive in shirtless in the snow on a bet, but lost because he was picked up by sorority girls.  Three girls in a car clearly interested in him, and he chked.  pisskop was sad in that part of the dream.

As the party wound down (despite its ambiguous space-time laws) Fusco got increasingly tired and desperate to got increasingly desperate to go home with the cute but shy girl.  She was less willing after seeing his antics, and he saw several end-games in sight (other mates).  She then pulled out an Ace of Spades - she had crafted two giant loaves of bread and sewn them together.  They were man-sized, and resembled a bed.  In the end I went home with the cheap fluzy hosting the party (because we had left to go get something) and she ended up ditching me for real sleep and I slept alone in the living room next to the stoners.   Then pisskop woke up.

I am sad because clearly I miss the parties, and the sex, and the drugs; but those things aren't me anymore.  They aren't helpful, and I haven't moved on as well as I thought I had. . . On the flip side Giant loaves of bread for beds!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57907 on: February 05, 2013, 09:41:06 am »

I find my classmates' lack of enthusiasm to be very irritating to me.

Normally, I don't mind them playing DOTA during every lunch break, but if it's going to make me do a group activity alone, then something's obviously wrong. The bad part? I can't convince them to do anything; they're all lazy asses.

And the only one who has the ability to marginally help me is going to go to the hospital on the day we're all going to finalize our project.

Alas, I am alone again.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57908 on: February 05, 2013, 09:58:56 am »

Wait, North or South Korean?
I thought South Korea was fine, and North Korea didn't have public internet access.
Skyrunner is one of the best Koreans, just not a Best Korean.  ;D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57909 on: February 05, 2013, 10:10:43 am »

I find my classmates' lack of enthusiasm to be very irritating to me.

Normally, I don't mind them playing DOTA during every lunch break, but if it's going to make me do a group activity alone, then something's obviously wrong. The bad part? I can't convince them to do anything; they're all lazy asses.

And the only one who has the ability to marginally help me is going to go to the hospital on the day we're all going to finalize our project.

Alas, I am alone again.

A possible solution would be to give them a jump in point... or rather give them something to do within that time that isn't conceptualising.

Otherwise I feel you.

group projects are pretty much the worst kind of project and most of the time I find it better to treat them like solo projects where you defend your graded proportion with your life!

In fact I suggested this to someone and they actually found that it improved their grade as their team mates tried to steal their portion.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57910 on: February 05, 2013, 10:21:10 am »

-snip, accidentally ended started a new page with something that would just derail the thread. I apologise-

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #57911 on: February 05, 2013, 10:23:58 am »

Heh, group projects.

Lsst time I did one, I only discovered I was part of such a group on the day we needed to hand it out to the professor ;_;
I am horrible group project person :v

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57912 on: February 05, 2013, 04:46:56 pm »

The bad part? I can't convince them to do anything; they're all lazy asses.
Spoiler: Not sad (click to show/hide)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57913 on: February 05, 2013, 04:53:12 pm »

Here's some internets for your efforts. Was anyone recording this whole thing?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57914 on: February 05, 2013, 05:00:35 pm »

Here's some internets for your efforts. Was anyone recording this whole thing?
There are no videos of it, and the original text got lost when I forgot my old laptop in the rain. Which brings up memories of my old laptop. Now I'm sad.
Pages: 1 ... 3859 3860 [3861] 3862 3863 ... 8167