Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3857 3858 [3859] 3860 3861 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9469587 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57870 on: February 03, 2013, 10:02:18 pm »

I am so socially incompetent it is not even funny. I'd say about 40% of the time the burden of response is on my shoulders it just won't click and I'll either do nothing, leave abruptly, or say something irrelevant.

This has not been the greatest of weeks.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #57871 on: February 03, 2013, 11:48:32 pm »

I am so socially incompetent it is not even funny. I'd say about 40% of the time the burden of response is on my shoulders it just won't click and I'll either do nothing, leave abruptly, or say something irrelevant.

This has not been the greatest of weeks.

Don't leave your room D:! It's a trap!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57872 on: February 04, 2013, 12:10:34 am »

First world problems follow.

Friend got me playing one MMO. Guild Wars 2. He was completely falling for the hype.  And he stopped playing a month after the game's release.  Not giving any specific reason, just saying the game does not interest him anymore.  I on the other hand love the game, and still play it on a daily basis 3 months later.  It pretty much seems to be everything I ever wanted in an online game.

He's now trying to get me to play another MMO.  Wizardry online.  I played and beat Wizardry 8.  I thought that was a very good game if a bit rushed.

Every time I look at Wizardry Online it gives me a very strong vibe of disinterest.  It has nothing I recognize from a wizardry game, even what I saw of the ones I didn't play, and feels very strongly of a name recognition cash in.  He does not seem able to find anything good to say about it, and the two times I watched him play it the game was riddled with bugs or he had 10 minute loading times only to be disconnected 2 feet into the dungeon., but he is constantly guilt tripping me into playing it.  Because he doesn't want to play it alone.

I am notoriously bad at trying to play 2 online games at once.  Especially since this new game seems to be major leaps and steps backwards in the direction I think these games should be going.  After playing with and finding I love a system without the old tank, dps, healer system, going back to one that does just because my friend considers such a system the only real way a game should play seems wrong.

I donno, maybe complaining about this makes me a bad friend.

P.S. Oh and it seems the game is so unstable now that they took it down from steam because they don't want to give a bad impression.  That's really promising...

End of First World Problems.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:17:09 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57873 on: February 04, 2013, 01:13:49 am »

So this guy at this superbowl party tonight had the best fudge I've ever tasted. I offered him all sorts of sexual favors but he refused to give it to me. I need this ultimate fudge recipe. I need it to live.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57874 on: February 04, 2013, 02:19:08 am »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57875 on: February 04, 2013, 02:22:16 am »

Oh the cruel irony.
You'd think I'd have learned by now not to read Yahoo! comments...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #57876 on: February 04, 2013, 02:38:22 am »

Oh the cruel irony.

I saw that earlier. Kinda sucks.

I always thought it was weird how he wrote a book about killing all those people, though.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57877 on: February 04, 2013, 03:54:43 am »

So I'm watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory and suddenly I realize there are people who find this funny.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57878 on: February 04, 2013, 07:16:31 am »

Oh the cruel irony.
You'd think I'd have learned by now not to read Yahoo! comments...
I dunno, I think most of them have the same (valid) point; which is that it is an incredibly bad idea to take a war veteran with PTSD to a shooting range to try and make him feel better.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #57879 on: February 04, 2013, 07:22:27 am »

Friend got me playing one MMO. Guild Wars 2. He was completely falling for the hype.  And he stopped playing a month after the game's release.  Not giving any specific reason, just saying the game does not interest him anymore.  I on the other hand love the game, and still play it on a daily basis 3 months later.  It pretty much seems to be everything I ever wanted in an online game.

He's now trying to get me to play another MMO.  Wizardry online.  I played and beat Wizardry 8.  I thought that was a very good game if a bit rushed.

Every time I look at Wizardry Online it gives me a very strong vibe of disinterest.  It has nothing I recognize from a wizardry game, even what I saw of the ones I didn't play, and feels very strongly of a name recognition cash in.  He does not seem able to find anything good to say about it, and the two times I watched him play it the game was riddled with bugs or he had 10 minute loading times only to be disconnected 2 feet into the dungeon., but he is constantly guilt tripping me into playing it.  Because he doesn't want to play it alone.

I am notoriously bad at trying to play 2 online games at once.  Especially since this new game seems to be major leaps and steps backwards in the direction I think these games should be going.  After playing with and finding I love a system without the old tank, dps, healer system, going back to one that does just because my friend considers such a system the only real way a game should play seems wrong.

P.S. Oh and it seems the game is so unstable now that they took it down from steam because they don't want to give a bad impression.  That's really promising...

I have a friend who does similar. "Come on Jon, let's play this game!" "Uhh, that costs money / doesn't look like my kind of thing / both." "Nahh dude, it's really fun!"

*after bothering to set up / pay for game and playing for a week*

Me : "This isn't too bad, I suppose."
Friend : "Eh, it's alright I guess. Not exactly what I thought it would be. But look! A different game THAT COSTS MONEY / AGES TO SET UP has come out! And it promises to be better in every way! Let's try that instead!"
Me : GRRRRRRRRR

Repeat

XD

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57880 on: February 04, 2013, 07:29:29 am »

I avoid this problem by not having friends who use the internet more than I do. That way I know everything before they do.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57881 on: February 04, 2013, 09:32:02 am »

I have a friend who does similar. "Come on Jon, let's play this game!" "Uhh, that costs money / doesn't look like my kind of thing / both." "Nahh dude, it's really fun!"

*after bothering to set up / pay for game and playing for a week*

Me : "This isn't too bad, I suppose."
Friend : "Eh, it's alright I guess. Not exactly what I thought it would be. But look! A different game THAT COSTS MONEY / AGES TO SET UP has come out! And it promises to be better in every way! Let's try that instead!"
Me : GRRRRRRRRR

Repeat

XD
Yeah, pretty much this. My band of RL friends got me into AC, we played for a while. THen I took a hiatus from MMOs while they played Dark Age of Camelot, Anarchy Online, EVE Online and a couple of others, then we all got into City of Heroes together (which was probably the most successful and fun co-op play...active supergroup with 7 or 8 of us that played regularly). Then we got tired of the level grind and got into WoW. Then we all had kids and such and lost any free time to play. Then a few months back some of us got into Guild Wars 2. Was really starting to enjoy it. And almost as quickly, I became the only one playing it.  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57882 on: February 04, 2013, 09:51:07 am »

This pretty much describes my life too, except three of my friends got me into it and then just stopped playing.

One of them keeps giving me the same half-assed excuse every single time I ask him (that the big event in November was done poorly) and whenever I say that they listened to complaints and have executed all events since then much better he's like "Eh, maybe I'll play it again" and then gives me the same excuse the next time I talk to him. I've stopped trying to convince him, which is sad because most of his complaints about the game are getting solved.

The second one played Guild Wars 1 a ton. Like, 2600+ hours. While he denies it, it's pretty obvious that he expected the game to be exactly the same as GW1 and is upset that it isn't.

The third guy just says he doesn't have enough time.

So we should play together, Greiger.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57883 on: February 04, 2013, 10:08:17 am »

Wizardry Online is fortunately at least free to play.  But that's also a point against it in my opinion. 

Games that at least have a small up front purchase price don't have to completely depend on their cash shop to keep the game going, and in my experience they manage to keep the stuff you need in order to succeed out of the cash shop.

Games that are free to play don't get income from new players, so they have to either A- Limit your playtime or progress arbitrarily and make you pay for more, or B- High level play requires a number of cash shop purchases, (many of which are rentals only useable for a period of time) to compete.

I don't know if Wizardry online does any of those, I couldn't play if I wanted to right now.  But they have to get their money somewhere.

I ended up passing the time myself by joining a medium sized guild.  Despite being essentially a large scale PvP guild they are pretty laid back, and do fun events from time to time.  You have not lived until you wiped both Sea of Sorrows and Blackgate zergs in tier 1 WvW with your group decked out in nothing but their skivvies.   That had to be embarrassing for them.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57884 on: February 04, 2013, 12:22:46 pm »

Came to school today, only to find that there was no one in my Journalism class. No cancellation notice, no email, no nothing. Just...no one's there.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3857 3858 [3859] 3860 3861 ... 8167