Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3849 3850 [3851] 3852 3853 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9463630 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57750 on: January 28, 2013, 08:42:22 pm »

Or gaol, if you speak the Queen's English.
Still, I'm sorry to hear that Han. I'm getting the feeling that things generally don't exactly work out for you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57751 on: January 28, 2013, 08:44:30 pm »

Ohh wait... Hanslanda may not live in Canada or the USA... so yeah they can likely send him to prison and beat him.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57752 on: January 28, 2013, 08:47:05 pm »

Ohh wait... Hanslanda may not live in Canada or the USA... so yeah they can likely send him to prison and beat him.
Hans is in the US, yeah, but due to the situation he's in they kinda' can toss 'im in prison. You have to remember that the so called war on drugs kinda' shits over a lot of our justice system doing what it does.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57753 on: January 28, 2013, 08:51:55 pm »

Hans is in the US, yeah, but due to the situation he's in they kinda' can toss 'im in prison. You have to remember that the so called war on drugs kinda' shits over a lot of our justice system doing what it does.

Ohh yeah I forgot that the USA is still technically in the Anti-terrorism anti-drugs state where they are considering whether or not the rights they give to their citizens should really be upheld.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57754 on: January 28, 2013, 09:54:51 pm »

This. I'm not exactly on Parole, as in Parole you've got certain rights and are only expected to not commit crimes, but I'm basically on superparole/probation.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57755 on: January 28, 2013, 09:56:29 pm »

In any case, not missing class anymore is now your number one priority. Even if they check your records later they might leave you alone if the absence is followed by perfect attendance.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57756 on: January 28, 2013, 10:06:40 pm »

In any case, not missing class anymore is now your number one priority. Even if they check your records later they might leave you alone if the absence is followed by perfect attendance.

Indeed. It was my number one priority regardless, but my ride fell through on me on the one day I really needed to go. Ironically enough, it was the chick I liked that is now going to prison. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57757 on: January 28, 2013, 10:07:53 pm »

Get a backup lined up if you can. Worst case scenario call in a favor with someone and wrench the "I'M GOING TO ROT IN FUCKING PRISON" angle if they hesitate.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #57758 on: January 29, 2013, 02:37:12 am »

It's been a long time since I posted in an emotion thread and this almost ended up in the rage one.

Found out today that the shop I work in will be opening on Boxing day from now on and so they'll need staff in on Christmas day itself (9:00pm to 7:00am the next day). As a bonus it's being treated like any other day so no extra pay. This makes celebration tricky because of both the need for sleep and that alcohol is pretty much off the menu (only time of year I drink too). It's the only day of the year there is any kind of gathering in my family but I mostly feel sorry for my coworkers as plenty have young children.

One thing that might cause issue is that I'm on a much older contract than the rest of the staff. Will have to have a good look through it.

Kind of terrified of making any big decisions. I'm almost a recluse these days which isn't healthy and stuck in a rut. The silver lining might be that this, along with all the other bullshit I get from the place, gives me a neat excuse to move on and get on with things.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57759 on: January 29, 2013, 01:13:34 pm »

It's been a long time since I posted in an emotion thread and this almost ended up in the rage one.

Found out today that the shop I work in will be opening on Boxing day from now on and so they'll need staff in on Christmas day itself (9:00pm to 7:00am the next day). As a bonus it's being treated like any other day so no extra pay. This makes celebration tricky because of both the need for sleep and that alcohol is pretty much off the menu (only time of year I drink too). It's the only day of the year there is any kind of gathering in my family but I mostly feel sorry for my coworkers as plenty have young children.

One thing that might cause issue is that I'm on a much older contract than the rest of the staff. Will have to have a good look through it.

Kind of terrified of making any big decisions. I'm almost a recluse these days which isn't healthy and stuck in a rut. The silver lining might be that this, along with all the other bullshit I get from the place, gives me a neat excuse to move on and get on with things.
Couldn't you just quit between now and then?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #57761 on: January 29, 2013, 03:21:37 pm »

Couldn't you just quit between now and then?
I could but it means finding more work or going back into education/other training. Work isn't so easy to find around here. I stalled during college (highschool equivalent) for complex reasons but I've had my fill of stacking shelves. Ideally I'd like go back into education but even talking about it now is making my guts churn. The idea of meeting new people itself worries me because of how reclusive I've become.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57762 on: January 29, 2013, 04:48:43 pm »

Hormones dipped and now my body is telling me I am very sad for no reason.

It is rather... aggrivating and annoying.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57763 on: January 29, 2013, 06:48:38 pm »

There is more and more evidence that I might be scary, or at the very least intimidating. Might explain why people so seldom talk to me.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #57764 on: January 29, 2013, 07:00:10 pm »

Girl at work had me wrote up for "threatening" her while I was attempting to make a joke. She later said (in the meetings with management) she felt threatened  because of my "sniper eyes."
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 3849 3850 [3851] 3852 3853 ... 8167