Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3845 3846 [3847] 3848 3849 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459996 times)

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57690 on: January 24, 2013, 11:48:20 am »

My grandma died two days ago. ):
Its just not the same without her, I tear up whenever I think about her.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #57691 on: January 24, 2013, 01:19:49 pm »

When I left home I thought I'd be harassed by my parents checking up on me. Calls every day, stuff like that.

I have the opposite problem.

It's been three weeks, and I've talked to my parents on the phone twice, and they've responded to my emails once. I feel kinda... forgotten :(
I actually went months without calling or talking to my parents when I was going to college... it was nice @_@  I felt like I had my own space, I made my own plans, I didn't have to tell anyone where I was going or when.  I ate what I wanted (and gained 40 pounds *cough*) hung out with who I wanted, slept when I wanted.  It was nice to just be in charge of myself for a change.

Have some hugs though :( *hugs*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57692 on: January 24, 2013, 01:29:28 pm »

Every day, I just get home from school, do my homework, and game. This just makes me feel so bad. I do nothing productive all day.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57693 on: January 24, 2013, 01:34:05 pm »

I barely even had to study for the first trimester finals :x.  I'm just feeling bad about that I do nothing but sit in front of my computer. I could change something about that, but something in me is stopping me from doing it.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57694 on: January 24, 2013, 01:42:06 pm »

I barely even had to study for the first trimester finals :x.  I'm just feeling bad about that I do nothing but sit in front of my computer. I could change something about that, but something in me is stopping me from doing it.

You gotta force yourself the first hour or so.  Then it becomes 'I may as well finish even if I don't want to'. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57695 on: January 24, 2013, 06:32:34 pm »

Maybe they're just recognizing that you're an adult and trying to give you some space. How's things going other than that?
Maybe. I'll be shocked if that's their actual, conscious reason for it though.

And things are fucking fantastic past that~ When I was a kid I was afraid I'd have to make all these sacrifices and enforce all this responsibility on a spouse, and the person I'd ended up with requires none of those things. She likes me for who I am, doesn't expect me to change in any remotely significant way, and is extremely responsible herself. I'm very lucky to have her~

I actually went months without calling or talking to my parents when I was going to college... it was nice @_@  I felt like I had my own space, I made my own plans, I didn't have to tell anyone where I was going or when.  I ate what I wanted (and gained 40 pounds *cough*) hung out with who I wanted, slept when I wanted.  It was nice to just be in charge of myself for a change.

Have some hugs though :( *hugs*
I thought that was what I was going to do, to be honest. Before I left though I think I fixed a lot of my family problems that had been bothering me for years, and really made some stronger connections with my family.

And then I left.

Oh well, I'll do my best to keep in touch, at least.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57696 on: January 24, 2013, 06:56:17 pm »

I barely talk to either of my parents now that I'm at college. They've called me more than I've called them. I think they were kind of offended at first, but the fact of the matter is that I have a lot to get done in limited time, and phone calls are not a high priority.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57697 on: January 25, 2013, 09:02:08 am »

Maybe they're just recognizing that you're an adult and trying to give you some space. How's things going other than that?
Maybe. I'll be shocked if that's their actual, conscious reason for it though.

And things are fucking fantastic past that~ When I was a kid I was afraid I'd have to make all these sacrifices and enforce all this responsibility on a spouse, and the person I'd ended up with requires none of those things. She likes me for who I am, doesn't expect me to change in any remotely significant way, and is extremely responsible herself. I'm very lucky to have her~
Most excellent.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57698 on: January 26, 2013, 02:10:03 am »

I turned down a job offer recently, I already have a job that's easier to work with my school schedule even though the other job will pay more and give more hours.  At the moment, my schooling is my most important goal and I need to not take risks that will endanger that.

My mom, on the other hand, thinks otherwise.  I told her I turned the job down, and she pretty much started lecturing me on money, and outright said she isn't going to financially support me in certain ways (shoes, for example.  The one pair I've had for a few years is started to split apart, and she was already planning to visit the one shoe store that fits my weird foot size) only because I didn't take the job.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57699 on: January 26, 2013, 03:01:06 am »

A week or so, I alluded to a couple of job prospects I had in the happy thread.

Welp, as of today one of those prospects is officially closed to me. I tried to see a manager every day this week, finally managed it today. Got told that I didn't qualify purely on a ten-second rundown of my work history (what there is of it).

Dammit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Riff_Wood

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57700 on: January 26, 2013, 06:27:33 am »

My pet just died. :( Enough reason for me to cry.
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting." steve barbarich

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57701 on: January 26, 2013, 06:35:21 am »

My pet just died. :( Enough reason for me to cry.

Noooo! D:

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57702 on: January 26, 2013, 01:44:36 pm »

Apparently this isn't over yet.  My mom left a note by my bed saying not to call the other manager, except I had already called and left a message by the time I saw the note.  I vaguely remember my mom barging into my room at some god-awful time in the morning and telling me something, I guess that's what that was about.  I've told my mom NOT to do that and it's always a waste to try to tell me something when I'm practically asleep.  I already told the other manager that I'm not taking the job offer.  I'm going to have to do deal with my mother for weeks over this issue.  Seriously, lady.  Cut the cord already.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57703 on: January 26, 2013, 07:54:11 pm »

I don't think I've pissed someone off enough to potentially ruin a friendship before.

AnalysisFailed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57704 on: January 26, 2013, 10:47:21 pm »

Out of the three women I'm currently interested in, exactly three of them are pastor's daughters.

I'm an atheist.

While it isn't too much of a problem, it does bring up complications.

Also, none of them are single. Which is definitely a problem, as I was once the terribly manipulative sort and the urge to utilize my old skill set is tempting.

Further exacerbated by this comment by a sister to one: "You know, if you were single and he was a Christian I'd have to get you together. Scratch that, if you were single OR he were a Christian I'd have to get you together."

Edit: "Temptation to utilize my old skill set is tempting" was redundant.
Pages: 1 ... 3845 3846 [3847] 3848 3849 ... 8167