Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3834 3835 [3836] 3837 3838 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9454356 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57525 on: January 17, 2013, 02:11:53 am »

It seems pretty clear to me, then: Something about the room is quickly draining your son's blood sugar, causing hallucinations, but doesn't affect non-diabetics. Call his doctor, they might have heard about this kind of thing before.

I've brought it up with them before.
Talk to them again. Don't stop until you get a satisfactory answer, because this is just weird.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57526 on: January 17, 2013, 02:13:57 am »

It seems pretty clear to me, then: Something about the room is quickly draining your son's blood sugar, causing hallucinations, but doesn't affect non-diabetics. Call his doctor, they might have heard about this kind of thing before.

Talk to them again. Don't stop until you get a satisfactory answer, because this is just weird.
No, talk to different doctors until you get an answer. Talking to the same ones when they aren't helping is usually an exercise in futility. Most of the time any one doctor can either help you or cannot help you. They rarely hold out on you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57527 on: January 17, 2013, 02:17:27 am »

No, talk to different doctors until you get an answer. Talking to the same ones when they aren't helping is usually an exercise in futility. Most of the time any one doctor can either help you or cannot help you. They rarely hold out on you.
Kinda what I meant by "them". Plural.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #57528 on: January 17, 2013, 05:46:47 pm »

Well, just found out today that my dad committed a hell of a lot of tax fraud and tax evasion when I was little, and probably is still doing it today. I always wondered how we had so much money when I was young, kind of weird I didn't suspect that my dad wasn't doing anything shady before. Guess I'm just pretty disappointed and sad that a guy I had a great opinion on turns out to be a greedy asshole.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57529 on: January 17, 2013, 06:20:51 pm »

Well, just found out today that my dad committed a hell of a lot of tax fraud and tax evasion when I was little, and probably is still doing it today. I always wondered how we had so much money when I was young, kind of weird I didn't suspect that my dad wasn't doing anything shady before. Guess I'm just pretty disappointed and sad that a guy I had a great opinion on turns out to be a greedy asshole.
the fuck man, hope you don't get tied under that mess, taxes are bitchy and the IRS is like the damn Inquisition.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57530 on: January 17, 2013, 06:21:58 pm »

the fuck man, hope you don't get tied under that mess, taxes are bitchy and the IRS is like the damn Inquisition.

On a good day.  You know they offer a slice of the recovered assests to the one to turn an offender in?  A  percentage that can really add up if its done over several years. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57531 on: January 17, 2013, 06:23:42 pm »

On a good day.  You know they offer a slice of the recovered assests to the one to turn an offender in?  A  percentage that can really add up if its done over several years. . .
aye but do you want to be the douchebag to throw your dad under the bus and taking his money to boot?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57532 on: January 17, 2013, 06:26:15 pm »

Fair enough but you need to decide how involved in this you're going to be.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #57533 on: January 17, 2013, 06:36:14 pm »

Well, this has probably been going on for a hell of a long time. Found out about it from my mother, who assumed I knew. She was telling me that all of the extra money he had he was hiding around the house, and I shit you not one time she found a roll of thousand dollar bills hidden in one of the vases. What pissed me off the most though, is that throughout most of my childhood my dad basically always tried to convince my family and everyone else that he was poor. When in reality he kept all of this money for himself.

I'm not going to turn him in or anything, this just puts the final nail in the coffin towards the alienation between us that's been happening ever since I was a teenager.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57534 on: January 18, 2013, 02:15:49 am »

Got Baldur's Gate on Steam. Fuck yes.
It runs unbearably slow.
The universe giveth, and taketh. Usually it taketh and then kicketh in a very sensitive region at about the same time. Goddamn. Why can't I just have something that makes me happy? Is that really so fucking difficult?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57535 on: January 18, 2013, 02:17:56 am »

It runs unbearably slow.
The universe giveth, and taketh. Usually it taketh and then kicketh in a very sensitive region at about the same time. Goddamn. Why can't I just have something that makes me happy? Is that really so fucking difficult?

Yeah honestly the people who made that remake released it WAAAAY too early as it was clearly not ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57536 on: January 18, 2013, 02:18:47 am »

It runs unbearably slow.
Huh. You'd think an older game like that would run fairly well.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57537 on: January 18, 2013, 02:20:24 am »

I guess. I cannot fathom how my computer can't run it at normal speed. This computer can play Empire: Total War at normal fucking speed. Baldur's Gate is not that graphics intensive. I guess it's my screen resolution or something. Combat is simply impossible when you have to reselect your character, click your move and hope he does it X5 tries.

It runs unbearably slow.
Huh. You'd think an older game like that would run fairly well.

My point exactly. My computer isn't top-of-the-line badass, but it runs newer games quite well.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57538 on: January 18, 2013, 02:34:37 am »

Crushing despair. Fuck you and your chemical dependencies, brain.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57539 on: January 18, 2013, 02:36:54 am »

It's too bad you can't facepunch your brain into happiness.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3834 3835 [3836] 3837 3838 ... 8167