Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3832 3833 [3834] 3835 3836 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9454405 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57495 on: January 16, 2013, 02:52:04 pm »

That's not good. Usually when children experience mental abnormalities like that it means nothing and goes away with age, but if it is having a physiological effect something else is going on. I'd get him a psychological examination if I were you.
I honestly don't think it's him.  There's more to the story.  The younger one has often seemed to acknowledge something that isn't there.  My wife and a friend have heard whispering near him while he was asleep before, and the same friend has felt fingers on his back while staying over.  I've seen the door to his bedroom move on its own.  And other things.  Noises.  Not easily explainable ones, but things like a loud pounding on a closed door to an empty room.  I could get into quite the conversation about it.  There's been some weird stuff.  It's not just in that room, either, but that's where it seems most focused and where the blood sugar crashes happen.  We've kind of come to accept that there is something strange about, and have some loose ideas about it... but just try to mostly ignore it and get on with life, because it gets more active the more you acknowledge it.  Haven't talked about it here much, because I know there are some extreme skeptical types here that will try to super-analyze it on scraps of information.
Regardless of the fact that ghosts don't exist, this is your son's health at stake. Ignoring whatever is causing this, be it environmental or psychological, is not a good idea.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #57496 on: January 16, 2013, 02:55:57 pm »

I honestly don't think it's him.  There's more to the story.

Reminds me of a quote:

"Daddy, Ghosts aren't real! Even Scooby-doo knows!"

My genes are ghost-proofed.

Fun fact: My daughter absolutely loves the Globetrotter episodes. I've never seen a little girl love Afros so much.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57497 on: January 16, 2013, 06:06:15 pm »

That's not good. Usually when children experience mental abnormalities like that it means nothing and goes away with age, but if it is having a physiological effect something else is going on. I'd get him a psychological examination if I were you.

I honestly don't think it's him.  There's more to the story.  The younger one has often seemed to acknowledge something that isn't there.  My wife and a friend have heard whispering near him while he was asleep before, and the same friend has felt fingers on his back while staying over.  I've seen the door to his bedroom move on its own.  And other things.  Noises.  Not easily explainable ones, but things like a loud pounding on a closed door to an empty room.  I could get into quite the conversation about it.  There's been some weird stuff.  It's not just in that room, either, but that's where it seems most focused and where the blood sugar crashes happen.  We've kind of come to accept that there is something strange about, and have some loose ideas about it... but just try to mostly ignore it and get on with life, because it gets more active the more you acknowledge it.  Haven't talked about it here much, because I know there are some extreme skeptical types here that will try to super-analyze it on scraps of information.
I reccomend burning your house down and NEVER SETTLING DOWN ANYWHERE.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57498 on: January 16, 2013, 06:09:54 pm »

Regardless of the fact that we dont have proof that ghosts exist, this is your son's health at stake. Ignoring whatever is causing this, be it environmental or psychological, is not a good idea.

Not a believer either, but FTFY :P
Thats some uncanny shit going on there.

Oh and fantastic now i got my spectrophobia on again.
FUCK MY MIND.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57499 on: January 16, 2013, 06:16:52 pm »

Okay DrPoo let me help you with that.

People are made of matter and not magic. The matter stays on the corpse and eventually decomposes/gets burned or whatever. Therefore, there is no reason why ghosts would exist.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57500 on: January 16, 2013, 06:21:33 pm »

Depends what kind of "ghosts" we're talking about here. Who says they're people-ghosts? Maybe it's my invisible intangible elephant occasionally bridging the gap between his world and ours with his giant world shattering stomps.

My sad: Fiance's feeling sick D:
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57501 on: January 16, 2013, 06:38:21 pm »

Ghosts or not, something about that room makes your child sick.  I think the most important thing is to keep your kid out of that room and that wondering about the cause should be a secondary.

Might even go as far as a full on room swap, where the child's room is moved to another room of the house and whatever is in that room is moved to that one.  Might even try sleeping in there yourself for a few days, make sure you don't start feeling any illness that may be caused by that particular environment (just in case what causes the problems still effects a stronger adult immune system) and swapping your room for his.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:40:28 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57502 on: January 16, 2013, 06:40:42 pm »

People are made of matter and not magic. The matter stays on the corpse and eventually decomposes/gets burned or whatever. Therefore, there is no reason why ghosts would exist.

Ghosts aren't real as far as we're aware of. Most ghost sightings are caused by: A. being in a creepy ass building. B. Ultralow or ultrahigh frequencies vibrating through those locations, causing your body to enact fight or flight/get creeped the fuck out. C. Humans being impressionable, easily confused, and controlled by a brain that LOVES lying to you.

But seriously. Call the Ghostbusters.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #57503 on: January 16, 2013, 06:41:38 pm »

I was watching a Katawa Shoujo let's play (lilly's path. Not my first choice but the LP was already done and at least he did voices).

As soon as it hit the sex scene though my drive for watching, which had been strong enough I'd stayed up 'till 4 in the morning before, suddenly dropped out from underneath me in a matter of minutes. I'm not sure if it's because I skipped the scene itself (having a dude read you a sex scene over youtube, mispronouncing every other word and still half-crying from earlier, yeah sounds like fun [/sarcasm]) or if I just watched too much and desensitized myself, or if I just wanted to see them get together and after that was done I was done, or if I just wanted to see a sex scene, because Freud.

None hit that nerve that tells me it's the truth. I'm normally good at introspection, so why am I having trouble now?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57504 on: January 16, 2013, 06:44:17 pm »

Ghosts aren't real as far as we're aware of. Most ghost sightings are caused by: A. being in a creepy ass building. B. Ultralow or ultrahigh frequencies vibrating through those locations, causing your body to enact fight or flight/get creeped the fuck out. C. Humans being impressionable, easily confused, and controlled by a brain that LOVES lying to you.

But seriously. Call the health department.
FTFY. It sounds to me more like something in that room is causing problems, perhaps something toxic that should be removed ASAP.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57505 on: January 16, 2013, 06:49:55 pm »

HEHEHEHEHEHE

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57506 on: January 16, 2013, 06:57:00 pm »

I'll admit today's been a rough day. I'll also admit, I should be fucking dead right now. Fucking. Dead.

I'm driving to the job I don't like, and I can't remember what I'm thinking about, it was either thinking about how I'm driving to the job I don't like, or an anger fantasy that certainly seems inspired by the mood. Anyway, I'm preoccupied, and I absentmindedly forget to slow down for this one sharp turn and there just so happens to be a spot of ice right there. In a second I'm spinning out, I'm doing everything I can think of to stop the car, but I careen over into the incoming lane sideways.

Now, for a solid second, I have no idea if anyone is coming from the opposite direction, so the thought in my head is "Shit, am I dead? Am I about to die?" when I catch a glimpse though, I'm relieved to see that I'm by myself, noone is coming. Something that's honestly unexpected giving the time. Anyway, I continue careening and I hit the opposite side of the road and almost go into a telephone pole, only stopping in front of it by about a foot. I manage my car back onto the road and then quickly go to the side where I can investigate if there's any damage, I have another flat. (Shitty, since I had a flat LAST FRIDAY as well, also caused by my incompetence).

Since then, I simply can't get it out of my head. Playing videogames, that's the CLASSIC STUPID MISTAKE, when you fuck up that bad, you straight up deserve to die, no if's and's or but's about it. The only clinching point, the only deciding factor, the only thing that separated me from the grave right now, is LUCK. PURE FUCKING LUCK. Just ringing in my head over and over again, "YOU LUCKY PIECE OF SHIT. YOU LUCKY MOTHERFUCKER. YOU LUCKY ASSHOLE. YOU LUCKY COCKSUCKER. YOU DON'T DESERVE LUCK THIS GOOD YOU GODDAMN PATHETIC TWAT!" and I just started crying by the side of the road, knowing that I got lucky going to the job I can't stand. That just didn't seem right, being a lonely miserable pathetic man and I had to confront the very real possibility that I was going to die that way.

Oddly enough, calling my workplace, my boss decided to simply pick me up. I was simply too shaken up to deny it. When I get there, and placed at my desk in the small windowless room, on the uncomfortable chair, surrounded by people I can't relate with, where I then need to call old people who are just waiting to die, I just started crying uncontrollably. So I just made up my mind and quit the job right there. I wrote them a nice resignation letter and everything. I grab some coffee and just walk out, making my way back to my Career Counselors office by foot, hoping he can help me out a bit and it's not too far away, though good couple miles. A few miles walk is nothing though, and it's an extremely relieving, relaxing walk. It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

My Career Counselor isn't there, I thought he was since I talked to him on the phone earlier, so I'm forced to call my Mom who picks me up. She's angry but happy I'm alive. She helps me with my tire (I finally remember the practical usage of cheater bars) again, and now I'm finally back home.

But now I'm back to square one, a jobless bum, and with a great deal less money in the family's budget, and a Career Counselor who is thoroughly confused and disappointed with my decision. I hope people don't think I'm really pathetic and weak for only going to a job for two days before deciding it's just not for me.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:00:14 pm by JoshuaFH »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57507 on: January 16, 2013, 06:58:24 pm »

Turns out I'd done a horrible misquote. Still, got the jist of it. Full thing from it is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rziYHtymKuw

wot

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57508 on: January 16, 2013, 07:00:34 pm »

I'll admit today's been a rough day. I'll also admit, I should be fucking dead right now. Fucking. Dead.

I'm driving to the job I don't like, and I can't remember what I'm thinking about, it was either thinking about how I'm driving to the job I don't like, or an anger fantasy that certainly seems inspired by the mood. Anyway, I'm preoccupied, and I absentmindedly forget to slow down for this one sharp turn and there just so happens to be a spot of ice right there. In a second I'm spinning out, I'm doing everything I can think of to stop the car, but I careen over into the incoming lane sideways.

Now, for a solid second, I have no idea if anyone is coming from the opposite direction, so the thought in my head is "Shit, am I dead? Am I about to die?" when I catch a glimpse though, I'm relieved to see that I'm by myself, noone is coming. Something that's honestly unexpected giving the time. Anyway, I continue careening and I hit the opposite side of the road and almost go into a telephone pole, only stopping in front of it by about a foot. I manage my car back onto the road and then quickly go to the side where I can investigate if there's any damage, I have another flat. (Shitty, since I had a flat LAST FRIDAY as well, also caused by my incompetence).

Since then, I simply can't get it out of my head. Playing videogames, that's the CLASSIC STUPID MISTAKE, when you fuck up that bad, you straight up deserve to die, no if's and's or but's about it. The only clinching point, the only deciding factor, the only thing that separated me from the grave right now, is LUCK. PURE FUCKING LUCK. Just ringing in my head over and over again, "YOU LUCKY PIECE OF SHIT. YOU LUCKY MOTHERFUCKER. YOU LUCKY ASSHOLE. YOU LUCKY COCKSUCKER. YOU DON'T DESERVE LUCK THIS GOOD YOU GODDAMN PATHETIC TWAT!" and I just started crying by the side of the road, knowing that I got lucky going to the job I can't stand. That just didn't seem right, being a lonely miserable pathetic man and I had to confront the very real possibility that I was going to die that way.

Oddly enough, calling my workplace, my boss decided to simply pick me up. I was simply too shaken up to deny it. When I get there, and placed at my desk in the small windowless room, on the uncomfortable chair, surrounded by people I can't relate with, where I then need to call old people who are just waiting to die, I just started crying uncontrollably. So I just made up my mind and quit the job right there. I wrote them a nice resignation letter and everything. I grab some coffee and just walk out, making my way back to my Career Counselors office by foot, hoping he can help me out a bit and it's not too far away, though good couple miles. A few miles walk is nothing though, and it's an extremely relieving, relaxing walk. It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

My Career Counselor isn't there, I thought he was since I talked to him on the phone earlier, so I'm forced to call my Mom who picks me up. She's angry but happy I'm alive. She helps me with my tire (I finally remember the practical usage of cheater bars) again, and now I'm finally back home.

But now I'm back to square one, a jobless bum, and with a great deal less money in the family's budget, and a Career Counselor who is thoroughly confused and disappointed with my decision. I hope people don't think I'm really pathetic and weak for only going to a job for two days before deciding it's just not for me.

;(

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57509 on: January 16, 2013, 07:05:21 pm »

Damn, Joshua. Nothing like a little near-death experience to help you make the big choices, eh?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3832 3833 [3834] 3835 3836 ... 8167