Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3817 3818 [3819] 3820 3821 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9460272 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57270 on: January 07, 2013, 11:57:23 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/cameroon-judge-frees-2-men-jailed-looking-gay-180949962.html
You're sad because they got released? That's a happy in my book  ???
I think it's "Sad because they were forced to endure it"

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57271 on: January 08, 2013, 12:19:28 am »

Not that its going to improve my mood at it at all, but there certainly is a point you might've missed, SG: They tell him (and specifically him) that someone had bought a share in the company for him and one other person. That is why he can leave. Each person can only have one share, and theres usually only so many shares available, correct? Yet later it says 400k people a day are arriving or something like that.

Yeah, I didn't think of it right away, but every time I look back on the story, I'm more convinced that the Australia project is basically an update to the terra cotta public housing system.  They let people think they're escaping, but they're just being warehoused into a Matrix-like existence.  I did notice that slight disconnected the first time I read it, but just thought it was a minor thing the author overlooked.

Which actually makes it into a pretty decent ending, if you choose to interpret it as a very subtle commentary on what a fucked up pandora's box of paranoia transhumanism has the potential to be.  I'm not sure that's how the author intended it, though.
I like transhumanism, I'm in favour of it. But all the "Connect your brain to the internet!" funsies is a little... sketchy, to me. >_> I'd prefer to expand my OWN memory and processing power, and just store all my stuff in my own noggin, instead of connecting to the internet directly, yanno? 
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57272 on: January 08, 2013, 12:20:48 am »

Huh. I read it, and ... doesn't sound too bad, actually.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57273 on: January 08, 2013, 12:22:06 am »

Not that its going to improve my mood at it at all, but there certainly is a point you might've missed, SG: They tell him (and specifically him) that someone had bought a share in the company for him and one other person. That is why he can leave. Each person can only have one share, and theres usually only so many shares available, correct? Yet later it says 400k people a day are arriving or something like that.

Yeah, I didn't think of it right away, but every time I look back on the story, I'm more convinced that the Australia project is basically an update to the terra cotta public housing system.  They let people think they're escaping, but they're just being warehoused into a Matrix-like existence.  I did notice that slight disconnected the first time I read it, but just thought it was a minor thing the author overlooked.

Which actually makes it into a pretty decent ending, if you choose to interpret it as a very subtle commentary on what a fucked up pandora's box of paranoia transhumanism has the potential to be.  I'm not sure that's how the author intended it, though.
I like transhumanism, I'm in favour of it. But all the "Connect your brain to the internet!" funsies is a little... sketchy, to me. >_> I'd prefer to expand my OWN memory and processing power, and just store all my stuff in my own noggin, instead of connecting to the internet directly, yanno?

Cloud brains..

Also I really really wan a cigarrrette but it's' beenn like a month now and I'd feel guillty if I had one.  But I really really wannty one.  CIgarars dont countr ight?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57274 on: January 08, 2013, 12:23:33 am »

Cloud brains..

Also I really really wan a cigarrrette but it's' beenn like a month now and I'd feel guillty if I had one.  But I really really wannty one.  CIgarars dont countr ight?
No, they count.
Sig! Onol

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57275 on: January 08, 2013, 12:26:26 am »

Cloud brains..

No! Bad lordcooper! No smoking for you!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #57276 on: January 08, 2013, 12:46:01 am »

Yeah.  I see it as inevitable and immense potential good, but something we have to be really really careful about.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57277 on: January 08, 2013, 12:53:44 am »

Forums are running slow and throwing off several 504s, and that makes this one sad.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57278 on: January 08, 2013, 12:54:29 am »

Forums are running slow and throwing off several 504s, and that makes this one sad.
THE HANAR ARE INVADING! BRING OUT THE HARPOONS!
But yeah, 504s suck.
Sig! Onol

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #57279 on: January 08, 2013, 12:58:27 am »

But yeah, 504s suck.

Darnit now you've given me a craving for jellyfish. And it's unlikely to get satisfied since it takes 3 days to prepare and normally results in my mom buying most of the store's supply in order to get a decent amount. :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57280 on: January 08, 2013, 01:00:20 am »

But yeah, 504s suck.

Darnit now you've given me a craving for jellyfish. And it's unlikely to get satisfied since it takes 3 days to prepare and normally results in my mom buying most of the store's supply in order to get a decent amount. :(
justasplanned.tg
Sig! Onol

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57281 on: January 08, 2013, 01:02:53 am »

I just found out one of my friends on Steam who I thought I was fairly close to, died in August. And I'd forgotten about him...

I feel really shitty about that.

He was only a teenager, too, like 15 ish? Died in his sleep, apparently.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57282 on: January 08, 2013, 06:55:50 am »

Just read this:
http://i.imgur.com/5TOPG.jpg
I hate my brain ever since it started to feel emotions about a year ago.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #57283 on: January 08, 2013, 07:52:21 am »

Having a facebook chat conversation with someone sitting two meters next to you because nobody is allowed to talk in the room is awkward.

I'm not even sure why this is in the wtf thread >.<

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #57284 on: January 08, 2013, 08:41:19 am »

I just found out one of my friends on Steam who I thought I was fairly close to, died in August. And I'd forgotten about him...

I feel really shitty about that.

He was only a teenager, too, like 15 ish? Died in his sleep, apparently.
:( *all the hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 3817 3818 [3819] 3820 3821 ... 8167