Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3814 3815 [3816] 3817 3818 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461775 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57225 on: January 07, 2013, 01:53:14 am »

:-[ Seeing that the "Things that make you sad" thread is 3850 pages long.
I'm just seeing 3849 pages :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

trekkie5249

• Bay Watcher
  • Phaser Rifleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57226 on: January 07, 2013, 03:20:27 am »

I was making an approximation. Jeez.
The only problem with The Next Generation was Wesley never had a terrible airlock or engineering bay related accident that left just slush.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #57227 on: January 07, 2013, 03:33:24 am »

Has anyone ever felt like they were just a space filler with their friends?

Like the only reason they keep you around is because you are someone they know well but otherwise you don't really contribute something that a dummy with a tape player couldn't?

I keep trying to contribute to my group of friends but I feel like if I want to stop feeling like the weakest link I really have to step it up and I just can't put that much effort into anything.

I am the weakest strategist, weakest at general math and logic, I enjoy things everyone else doesn't... I want to do something everyone would enjoy and want to do, or be a contributing member of what we currently do.

Yet I am neither of those things and I just feel useless.

Yeah, I feel that too.

Am pretty sure people who are good friends for a long period of time begin having this opinion with regards to each other; i.e. you'll all be thinking it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57228 on: January 07, 2013, 09:24:37 am »

:-[ Seeing that the "Things that make you sad" thread is 3850 pages long.
On the other hand, the "Things that make you happy" thread is 6527 pages long. So on the whole, we have about a 1.7:1 happiness surplus.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57229 on: January 07, 2013, 09:27:37 am »

I am so indecisive. I'm pretty sure you've heard this same ol' drivel from me a days back.

I am just going to narrow it down to my personality.

I hate being bullied. Ironically, I do everything to allow myself to be bullied. "do this, do that" they say, and I do them, but never do I ask them for once to do anything for me. I also hate love, but deep inside know that I don't want the subject because it's a rather complicated topic with family trying to involve themselves in and trying to have an opinion. If anything, I've given up. But I realize that it's going to hurt me because when I develop an attraction, I know it will conflict with me and instead try to avoid myself from the person in question.

This post was posted while i'm sleepy so I might npot be making any sense.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57230 on: January 07, 2013, 09:36:58 am »

I hate vacations.  I make a point of not habing an especially active social life, so when work or school ends I end up working out or mindlessly playing video games.  I haven't slept in two days!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57231 on: January 07, 2013, 09:42:01 am »

Has anyone ever felt like they were just a space filler with their friends?

Like the only reason they keep you around is because you are someone they know well but otherwise you don't really contribute something that a dummy with a tape player couldn't?

I keep trying to contribute to my group of friends but I feel like if I want to stop feeling like the weakest link I really have to step it up and I just can't put that much effort into anything.

I am the weakest strategist, weakest at general math and logic, I enjoy things everyone else doesn't... I want to do something everyone would enjoy and want to do, or be a contributing member of what we currently do.

Yet I am neither of those things and I just feel useless.
I used to feel that way.

Remember, if your friends consider you a friend, your just being there counts as "contributing." You just participating and being yourself is more than enough to justify you being there. Don't fall in a productivist hole thinking you need to do something more tangible or be the best at something to have value to your friends.

If you need proof of that, ask your friends.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57232 on: January 07, 2013, 10:23:20 am »

Some people are awesome just by being there.
Alot of you guys dont communicate with me actively, but just seeing you here makes me smile.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57233 on: January 07, 2013, 11:15:04 am »

I just read Breakfast at Tiffany's.

It's kind of depressing. I wish the movie went in the direction of the book instead of the way it did. I think a remake closer to the book would be lovely, but I don't think it'll ever happen just because of how iconic Audrey Hepburn as Holly is.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57234 on: January 07, 2013, 02:17:23 pm »

OH HEY it would seem that the custom God Hand mousepad I ordered was cancelled, because I completely forgot about the fact that these are copyrighted characters, and sliding me one under the table apparently isn't an option. They were nice enough to refund me the money used to purchase it, but damnit, I wanted that mousepad. Who the hell do I have to throw money at to get the custom thing I want?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57235 on: January 07, 2013, 02:56:47 pm »

Goblins: A Great Evil has been locked.
It was a good thread while it lasted.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #57236 on: January 07, 2013, 02:58:17 pm »

Meanwhile I'm the one who reported him.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57237 on: January 07, 2013, 03:44:08 pm »

When the prosecution can't find the guy's file, guy tends to blame me... a lot.

Ok, a.) The prosecution basically is the police, good luck telling them what to do, b.) I have the stuff in my office very well organized, not my fault if others don't, c.) what would you like me to do about it?

It's gonna take some time for the prosecutor's office to find the file. Nobody can magic it up. I forsee myself getting yelled at on the phone tonight over this..... [sigh]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57238 on: January 07, 2013, 05:10:35 pm »

Meanwhile I'm the one who reported him.
Whyyyyyyy?

When the prosecution can't find the guy's file, guy tends to blame me... a lot.

Ok, a.) The prosecution basically is the police, good luck telling them what to do, b.) I have the stuff in my office very well organized, not my fault if others don't, c.) what would you like me to do about it?

It's gonna take some time for the prosecutor's office to find the file. Nobody can magic it up. I forsee myself getting yelled at on the phone tonight over this..... [sigh]
Truean, what kind of law do you specialize in?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #57239 on: January 07, 2013, 05:42:01 pm »

My 13 year old niece needs to stay the hell away from 4chan.

And webcams.

And boys.

And girls.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 3814 3815 [3816] 3817 3818 ... 8167