Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3812 3813 [3814] 3815 3816 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461665 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57195 on: January 05, 2013, 07:32:35 am »

Being ignored, the rather nifty little feature of FB's chat that shows when the message was seen by the reciever, removes a lot of the "Oh god I hope they see it on time" worrying.

In its stead it introduces "Oh god why are they ignoring me" worrying.

Bah fuck her, don't have the decency to tell me to piss off, who needs her anyway.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57196 on: January 05, 2013, 08:18:28 am »

I hate FB for the sole reason that merely going on it endows all the friends I don't want to talk with the ability to send me instant chat messages. Irritating since I just don't want to talk to alot of people, I just can't think of anything to say, I'm the damn epitome of unsocial choadness.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #57197 on: January 05, 2013, 04:15:01 pm »

I hate FB for the sole reason that merely going on it endows all the friends I don't want to talk with the ability to send me instant chat messages. Irritating since I just don't want to talk to alot of people, I just can't think of anything to say, I'm the damn epitome of unsocial choadness.
You can turn off IM.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57198 on: January 05, 2013, 04:22:56 pm »

You can turn off IM.

To do that I need to go on FB. Something I'm just not willing to do.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #57199 on: January 05, 2013, 07:48:54 pm »

Apparently, there are plenty of people who recognize my religion as a "hate group" solely because of JUST our views on same-sex marriage alone. Can anyone say biased?

I'm not kidding, they even made a petition about it (Don't sign this out of spite, please. Even to just troll isn't cool either.)
. I have no problems with gay people, or if they get married (seriously; some of you guys here, and elsewhere, are awesome people. But who am I to judge?). Something seems rather off about this; and I'd like to get to the bottom of this. I think the same-sex perspective is just a foothold for a greater agenda for more malevolent purpose. Then again, I'm a consipiracy nut. Plus, it's not like we're the actually hateful Westboro guys (I mean, picketing military heroes and elementary school children's funerals? Really? Even I have to call them monsters for that.). We're not THAT bad. We have some disagreements, sure; but at least most of us aren't dicks about it. Myself as an example.

To happyfy it a bit; at least the counter-petition has more support (double, so far), and actually debates the biased views of the original petition. At least by calling out the people making the original petition as hateful themselves (they are just relying on the ONE issue alone; unless we decided to crusade the whole world or at least, continent, then maybe I would agree; but this is not the case. We, at the base level, I suppose, are just a tad uncomfortable about it; but we can deal with it if we have no other choice; and even so, it's within most of the actual ones' nature to accept it anyway. It's the decent thing to do. Who are we to ruin other people's fun? At least, that's how I was taught.); and at least acknowledging an amendment called "Freedom of Religion". Look, we don't have to agree with everything and can still be a perfect unification, but still, don't make a war about it. Crack open a beer and bullshit it through, no need for stupid crap like this. We can work it out. Those unwilling to are the real cowards.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:58:59 pm by Itnetlolor »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57200 on: January 05, 2013, 07:54:06 pm »

Another person doesn't qualify for appointed counsel. Judge points expressly at me and says "there's a lawyer sitting right behind you." I'd actually do this case for significantly less on that basis and others. Though the case is somewhat complex, I know exactly how to help the guy and the judge knows this, because he's seen me do it before. This is why he won't accept the no contest plea.

Problem: The guy doesn't answer his phone and hasn't set up his voice mail box.

Not a whole lot I can do without the whole "talking to me," thing happening. Also, where do you think most lawyers are at about 8:00 PM on a Saturday night? They're not calling their clients because they asked to be called at that time due to work schedule. Odds are, the other lawyers are out getting drunk. I appear to give a crap. What was I thinking? :P
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:58:07 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57201 on: January 05, 2013, 07:57:06 pm »

My parents economy is a sinking ship. I have no job, nowhere to move but my grandparents, but they are even more homophobic than my parents.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57202 on: January 05, 2013, 07:57:53 pm »

Not that I seek to defend the Roman Catholic Church, but what is with all the "make x a hate group" petitions recently? The government doesn't list hate groups. If they want to petition anyone they should petition the SPLC.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #57203 on: January 05, 2013, 08:04:58 pm »

Come and think of it, it does seem like a political fad right now. Hopefully this is bullshit, just like the secession of the states thing previously. That was the last fad, as far as I remember.

Why does looking at politics always remind me of high school these days? No wonder why I don't bother with it. Then again, I'm an outcast with this kind of stuff, and prefer to keep my hands clean of it, and blissfully ignorant of it; provided I don't bother anyone while being myself.

EDIT:
I guess I ought to make it a secondary resolution for this year to keep my damn mouth shut. I already stopped planning things, and work purely on spontaneity and impulse; might as well toss in this one as well. Like with the reason why I should never plan, ever, for the rest of my eternal existence, speaking my mind has only brought me more trouble, and backfired more often than provided solutions, or at least, a desired result. FML; although, it has never really changed that much since it started anyhow. No wonder why all sorts of crap happening to me and others don't bother me anymore. Makes me feel like I'm wasting my life being an idealist; seeking the greater good, not just for myself, but others as well; regardless who or what they are. You can even be the Devil himself, and I'll still show sympathy; and in return, my soul is theirs to take advantage of because they're an asshole. *sigh* Oh well. If there is an afterlife, when my time comes eventually, I think I'll postpone living again for another millennium to see if things improve. I doubt it ever will. Even alternate realities don't seem that much more promising either.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:08:58 pm by Itnetlolor »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #57204 on: January 05, 2013, 08:18:27 pm »

No offense, but I'd sign that petition if I were American and/or cared about who are considered hate groups by the us gov. Neither is true for me though.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57205 on: January 05, 2013, 09:35:51 pm »

I signed the bullshit petition. Although totally useless to petition the government to do something they can't do, I do agree with the reasoning behind it, the church is in this way at least a hate group.

Just because legally you are allowed to hate people does not make you not a hate group.

Thanks for the link.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #57206 on: January 05, 2013, 11:16:55 pm »

No one should be homeless, least of all people who were willing to give their lives for "the American cause". Being homeless is fucking terrible.
Misko is going to go ahead and agree with this statement. It sucks, and there isn't always something you can do about it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57207 on: January 05, 2013, 11:57:44 pm »

Apparently, there are plenty of people who recognize my religion as a "hate group" solely because of JUST our views on same-sex marriage alone. Can anyone say biased?
Can anyone say you're going to burn in hellfire for all eternity for being a homosexual sinner?

Come and think of it, it does seem like a political fad right now. Hopefully this is bullshit, just like the secession of the states thing previously. That was the last fad, as far as I remember.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth
Very much an issue.

No one should be homeless, least of all people who were willing to give their lives for "the American cause". Being homeless is fucking terrible.
Misko is going to go ahead and agree with this statement. It sucks, and there isn't always something you can do about it.
You could pay higher taxes and give people housing with that money. But that's a decision you'll have to make.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57208 on: January 06, 2013, 12:00:16 am »

You could pay higher taxes and give people politicians a few more summer/winter cottages housing with that money. But that's a decision you'll have to make.

FTFY
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57209 on: January 06, 2013, 12:04:54 am »

You could pay higher taxes and give people the military more guns and rockets and bombs housing with that money. But that's a decision you'll have to make.

FTFY

FTFY
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 3812 3813 [3814] 3815 3816 ... 8167