Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3811 3812 [3813] 3814 3815 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461612 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57180 on: January 03, 2013, 06:55:50 pm »

So I went to see my new therapist today with my mother, the subject was college, and it didn't go well.
My mother basically went over a bit of my history and school issues I'd encountered in the past, and all the stuff I'd screwed up...
Then the therapist asked me a bunch of stuff about what I really wanted, but I really don't want anything, I have absolutely no aim beyond existing and I don't know what my aim would be if I had one... all I could think about was how much I just wanted to die before things got any worse...
Then he started talking about how he could help me get what I wanted if I told him what it was... and a bunch of other useless stuff about how I had to help myself, and other things...

Yeah, I basically walked out of there feeling incredibly suicidal and depressed...
Time to see someone else...probably by yourself, if possible.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #57181 on: January 03, 2013, 07:43:51 pm »

I think I need to avoid this place, and the rest of the internet, for a while. I am getting distracted to easily during work.

It starts with the frustration at my pc being to slow to do shit, a build that takes forever or the shit that IT crams on my computer grinding my hard drive to oblivion for 5 minutes because I dared to click my mouse somewhere useful for work. But I find that more and more of my productivity is lost.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #57182 on: January 03, 2013, 08:00:32 pm »

I think I need to avoid this place, and the rest of the internet, for a while. I am getting distracted to easily during work.

It starts with the frustration at my pc being to slow to do shit, a build that takes forever or the shit that IT crams on my computer grinding my hard drive to oblivion for 5 minutes because I dared to click my mouse somewhere useful for work. But I find that more and more of my productivity is lost.
Yeah, I know that feeling. I'll be postign quite less often in the next month due to finals month for my school being january.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57183 on: January 03, 2013, 09:48:15 pm »

I lose the key of Blade & Soul, this made me sad. I am looking forward to this game for a long time.
Damn, last I heard about that was three or more years ago. Can't believe it's still being worked on.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57184 on: January 03, 2013, 09:54:50 pm »

So I went to see my new therapist today with my mother, the subject was college, and it didn't go well.
My mother basically went over a bit of my history and school issues I'd encountered in the past, and all the stuff I'd screwed up...
Then the therapist asked me a bunch of stuff about what I really wanted, but I really don't want anything, I have absolutely no aim beyond existing and I don't know what my aim would be if I had one... all I could think about was how much I just wanted to die before things got any worse...
Then he started talking about how he could help me get what I wanted if I told him what it was... and a bunch of other useless stuff about how I had to help myself, and other things...

Yeah, I basically walked out of there feeling incredibly suicidal and depressed...
Time to see someone else...probably by yourself, if possible.
Eh, it's probably just going to gain us similar results...

The essential issue here is that I lack motivation, and he kind of seemed to have caught onto this and was trying to find something that made me motivated... But everything he brought up had the reverse effect since it just brought up bad memories. I think this particular issue is something no amount of talk therapy can help me with. Trouble is that it's something I have no clue how to solve.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57185 on: January 03, 2013, 10:43:38 pm »

Should probably work on the bad memories. It IS possible to make them not have as strong a hold on you, afaik.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57186 on: January 03, 2013, 11:40:08 pm »

Should probably work on the bad memories. It IS possible to make them not have as strong a hold on you, afaik.
Eh, I'm generally not bothered by them, it's just reminding me about all the crap events that have cropped up in my life so far is not a great way to inspire optimism.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57187 on: January 04, 2013, 12:37:55 am »

One of my cousins died today. Didn't know him in the slightest, but serving a third deployment in Iraq was too much for him it seems. They think he killed himself, but they're not sure yet. Just damn. My mother is so torn up over this.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57188 on: January 04, 2013, 02:38:32 am »

One of my cousins died today. Didn't know him in the slightest, but serving a third deployment in Iraq was too much for him it seems. They think he killed himself, but they're not sure yet. Just damn. My mother is so torn up over this.
Your loss saddens me. Someone I knew and had been friends with lost her battle with cancer recently. That saddens me as well.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #57189 on: January 04, 2013, 01:42:34 pm »

I failed to stay off the intartoobs.

Today's frustration began with the guy who broke the build yesterday not coming in until 11:30, so I couldn't do much, so I did less. 
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57190 on: January 04, 2013, 02:26:08 pm »

Eh, it's probably just going to gain us similar results...

The essential issue here is that I lack motivation, and he kind of seemed to have caught onto this and was trying to find something that made me motivated... But everything he brought up had the reverse effect since it just brought up bad memories. I think this particular issue is something no amount of talk therapy can help me with. Trouble is that it's something I have no clue how to solve.
I'd actualy advise talking to your local GP if therapists aren't working. I know of a number of purely medical things that can cause complete lack of motivation like you describe such as thyroid disfunction and others. With things like this it's generaly best to cover all the bases.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57191 on: January 05, 2013, 01:01:01 am »

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57192 on: January 05, 2013, 01:39:58 am »

No one should be homeless, least of all people who were willing to give their lives for "the American cause". Being homeless is fucking terrible.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57193 on: January 05, 2013, 06:03:20 am »

Welcome to capitalism, bro. Its not a nice place.
This is a blank sig.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57194 on: January 05, 2013, 06:22:24 am »

Welcome to capitalism, bro. Its not a nice place.
Pages: 1 ... 3811 3812 [3813] 3814 3815 ... 8167