Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3784 3785 [3786] 3787 3788 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9463487 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56775 on: December 19, 2012, 10:40:31 pm »

I'm sad because I have no ambition, inspiration, creative spirit, or motivation. Actually, not that sad; more Zen-y. I just sorta waste my time away while my life passes me by, and I have no desire to do anything else.

... Now i'm sad because you described me perfectly.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56776 on: December 19, 2012, 10:43:25 pm »

I agree with Mr Space Cat. I would... Welcome such a thing, to be honest.

How do you know?
a Billion ways,
#1 there is nothing to do with the myans, the mynas did not predict the world would end, it was a calender, and there are more, they never tried to predict the end of the world, and THAT is why people say it will end because the myans said it would but since they did not there go those peoples reason

Whats more is "planets" or rocks in space (cant spell them right) near earth, we can see that stuff now
#2 I've lived through about I'd guess 40 or so of these already? and that's just the ones that get on the new\become a "big deal" there are a billion of others

#3 form a religious point, almost all holy books mention signs of the world ending and none of them had shown, so if you believe in relation and really follow what it says then again end of the world not coming

So a physical way (planet or what not) we can disprove by looking out in to space
the "magic\divine" one we can disprove by the fact that all the religions have giving warning signs and almost none of them have been met, and so even if they where to happen they wont

last thing like i said the mynas did not mean the world to end that day, the calendar did not end because "they felt the world would end" sooooo why belive this day will be it? no science, and no holy book backs it up...
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56777 on: December 19, 2012, 10:48:41 pm »

Well, first of all, I am not a person of faith, so I find the fact that none of the holy books signs of the end times showing to be rather irrelevant.
Second of all, an asteroid traveling at relativistic speeds, even if spotted, would kill us by the time someone reported it.
Third of all, gamma ray bursts, as I believe they're called, are invisible, undetectable, and capable of wiping out all life on earth in an instant.
It is entirely possible that the world as we know it could end that day for completely unrelated reasons, such as the exhaustion or destruction of a large portion of oil reserves, or perhaps a destabilization of the USA and major European countries, or a war from China, or any number of political events.
I don't think the world is going to end. But that doesn't mean it can't.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56778 on: December 19, 2012, 10:53:02 pm »

Gamma Ray Bursts aren't undetectable. We can see them, as one might expect, on the Gamma ray spectrum. Life on Earth would probably last a couple of weeks if we got hit by one.

That said, it's really unlikely that this will ever happen. There is one dying star that could potentially produce a GRB and is in correct alignment with Earth for it to hit us, but for that to happen it would require first for the GRB to happen (which it might not) and secondly for Earth to be in that exact spot in its orbit when it reaches us.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56779 on: December 19, 2012, 10:57:50 pm »

Gamma Ray Bursts aren't undetectable. We can see them, as one might expect, on the Gamma ray spectrum. Life on Earth would probably last a couple of weeks if we got hit by one.

Thanks for that. :) I'd prefer to be correct in such matters, but my memory is woefully spotty. Probably from all the drugs.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56780 on: December 19, 2012, 11:15:13 pm »

Well, first of all, I am not a person of faith, so I find the fact that none of the holy books signs of the end times showing to be rather irrelevant.
Second of all, an asteroid traveling at relativistic speeds, even if spotted, would kill us by the time someone reported it.
Third of all, gamma ray bursts, as I believe they're called, are invisible, undetectable, and capable of wiping out all life on earth in an instant.
It is entirely possible that the world as we know it could end that day for completely unrelated reasons, such as the exhaustion or destruction of a large portion of oil reserves, or perhaps a destabilization of the USA and major European countries, or a war from China, or any number of political events.
I don't think the world is going to end. But that doesn't mean it can't.

I never said it could not, we could all die tommorw, but we wont

my point was more of we can die at any time, so why pick that day? what makes that day speical? why think its going to end then?

The myans? they had nothing to do with the world ending then.
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56781 on: December 19, 2012, 11:16:19 pm »

Won't means can't.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #56782 on: December 19, 2012, 11:27:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is called contentment. Aka happy.
I wouldn't say that. I get depressed regularly, question my own self worth, and have no clear idea of what I could possibly want to do with my life that could possibly make me feel I'm worth living. It's more along the lines of "looking back on what I've done with my life, I see nothing wrong with what I've done with my life as compared to others' own goals and desires." I still feel like I could have done more to meet my own need to feel I've accomplished stuff, but there's hardly anything I could do about it to change the past.

If the world ends, then I don't need to constantly pressure myself to do better at anything and my own perceived self worth would be meaningless because of either the zombie-apocalypse-scenario or the fact I'd be dead. It'd be a relief really. Kinda grim sorta outlook on life, to me, to look forward to a potential end-of-world thing because it means it'd be another chance to escape "real life".

I think it means I've gotten the "doesn't really care about anything anymore" trait rather than be content with myself.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56783 on: December 20, 2012, 12:55:05 am »

He's fucking with us.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56784 on: December 20, 2012, 01:11:03 am »

I think the sad thread needs a little more... happy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56785 on: December 20, 2012, 01:15:46 am »

Fat cartoon kitty!

* Sirus squees in a most undignified manner
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56786 on: December 20, 2012, 03:34:38 am »

Won't means can't.
no it dont, I CAN play my guitar but I wont.
US COULD go to war but they wont

wont dont = cant.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56787 on: December 20, 2012, 03:46:08 am »

Why won't you? That is why it can't happen.

And the US is already at war. In fact I don't think I can recall a time when we have not been at war.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56788 on: December 20, 2012, 03:52:51 am »

Cant means cant, wont means you could but dont

put it this way i cant play the ps3 as i dont have one
i wont play the 360 thats right here

I'm saying it wont happen, it can happen, cant would be if it was not possible what so ever, it is possible, just like its possible I win the loto. would you say its fair for me to say i wont win the lato?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56789 on: December 20, 2012, 03:57:40 am »

No, because won't a prediction upon the future.
Pages: 1 ... 3784 3785 [3786] 3787 3788 ... 8167