Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3779 3780 [3781] 3782 3783 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9460003 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56700 on: December 19, 2012, 02:56:57 pm »

And then the sad thread was the "how to efficiently eat shit" thread.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56701 on: December 19, 2012, 03:02:57 pm »

And I was so hoping for bio-towers that recyled stool to grow food in solar-powered towers.  Shame I can't find that link

So here's this one.  But none of this poop eating is a sad thing?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #56702 on: December 19, 2012, 03:22:02 pm »

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56703 on: December 19, 2012, 03:40:41 pm »

This is probs more rage thread material, but somebody needs a good punch to the face. I'm happy to live in Belgium.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #56704 on: December 19, 2012, 04:16:07 pm »

It's a fairly trivial matter. Politicians want to look like they're DOING SOMETHING about a tragedy, or at least look like they're trying to DO SOMETHING. This won't pass even if other Democrats support it, which is unlikely. Better this than some half-baked bill that doesn't address the situation, looks good enough to deter further analysis, and might actually pass.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56705 on: December 19, 2012, 04:50:59 pm »

Can't say I'm very upset about more research being done on it. Either it will reinforce the current consensus or it will bring up new information. Either way, we get closer to the truth.
Love, scriver~

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56706 on: December 19, 2012, 04:52:53 pm »

Not really. Videogame research tends to swing very heavily between pro and contra.

Last things I heard was that videogames were better than television, because it's less realistic, but that both inhibit the negative reaction against seeing violence. No clear link between videogames and causing violence though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #56707 on: December 19, 2012, 05:04:16 pm »

So... hrm. Would that mean that banning video games is one step toward banning television?

... suddenly my morals waver and temptation grows within. The thought of daytime drama and entertainment news becoming contraband is akin to a blessed dream to me... I'm... not sure I would mind the excising of commercial video game sales in exchange for that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56708 on: December 19, 2012, 05:06:10 pm »

Not really. Videogame research tends to swing very heavily between pro and contra.

Last things I heard was that videogames were better than television, because it's less realistic, but that both inhibit the negative reaction against seeing violence. No clear link between videogames and causing violence though.

The reason why Vidya is better than watching sitcoms all day is that you arent constantly fed with meaningless information and you get to actually interact with the things onscreen. Much more stimulating to your brain and thus healthier.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56709 on: December 19, 2012, 05:08:19 pm »

So... hrm. Would that mean that banning video games is one step toward banning television?

... suddenly my morals waver and temptation grows within. The thought of daytime drama and entertainment news becoming contraband is akin to a blessed dream to me... I'm... not sure I would mind the excising of commercial video game sales in exchange for that.
Actually no. It would mean that banning television should be a step towards banning video games.

Edit: Depends on the type of games to. Your average facebook game isn't exactly the greatest intellectual accomplishment of mankind.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56710 on: December 19, 2012, 05:13:50 pm »

And there will always be fundies and other happy people who won't want that :/

edit: animal meat is what I mean here..
Don't be so sure. PETA themselves are offering a million dollars to the first laboratory to produce economically viable vat-grown meat.
Hear hear. If someone can get the taste and texture to actually, genuinely, match with meat, I don't really give a fribbly what the blazes sort of non-meat it's made of.
It isn't made of non-meat. It's meat, actual, true meat. Just grown in a gigantic tissue culture instead of cut off of animals.
http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/12/19/1812238/school-shooting-prompts-legislation-to-study-violent-video-games
And so it begins.
Herp de derp
ban vidja gaems!
No worries. The Supreme Court already put dem vidja gaems under the First Amendment, they're safe.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #56711 on: December 19, 2012, 05:21:55 pm »

Yeah, tissue culture'd be good, too. I was thinking along the lines of textured/flavored soy or some such nonsense, but honestly, whatever works. Even if the suffering makes the meat more delicious (literally, no joke. Iirc, pain does something that... tenderizes? Think that was it.), I imagine we could just engineer the vat grown stuff to come out the same way.

And damn, designer food. Honestly, a steak not troubled by the inefficiencies of getting it from a cow? Hot damn. You could have a steak the size of a football field! And, like, invite the whole neighborhood for a weekend long steak consuming (non-sexual... probably) orgy. Helluva' lot better way to spend the weekend than watching sunday football.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56712 on: December 19, 2012, 05:24:07 pm »

Yeah, I'd probably eat vat-grown meat myself. Though ideally we could just replicate it ala star trek, but we're not that good at matter rearrangement yet :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56713 on: December 19, 2012, 05:25:13 pm »

This is so serious, I heard construction workers complaining about them blaming "VIOLENT VIDEOGAMES"

Hmm. Does PETA even have a million dollars? Now someone must invent it just to put them out of buisiness!

Or it turns out it's made of burned Trees or something.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56714 on: December 19, 2012, 05:26:13 pm »

Yeah, tissue culture'd be good, too. I was thinking along the lines of textured/flavored soy or some such nonsense, but honestly, whatever works. Even if the suffering makes the meat more delicious (literally, no joke. Iirc, pain does something that... tenderizes? Think that was it.), I imagine we could just engineer the vat grown stuff to come out the same way.
I'm not familiar with that, but it would have to be some chemical produced by the muscles due to stress. We'd need only stimulate the culture in a similar fashion.
And damn, designer food. Honestly, a steak not troubled by the inefficiencies of getting it from a cow? Hot damn. You could have a steak the size of a football field! And, like, invite the whole neighborhood for a weekend long steak consuming (non-sexual... probably) orgy. Helluva' lot better way to spend the weekend than watching sunday football.
You'd need a lot of nutrient slurry and probably some genetic engineering to keep such a culture alive long enough to produce such a steak.
Hmm. Does PETA even have a million dollars? Now someone must invent it just to put them out of buisiness!
Probably. They're a fairly large organization with very devoted members, I'm sure they could come up with but a single million if they had to.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 3779 3780 [3781] 3782 3783 ... 8167