Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3761 3762 [3763] 3764 3765 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466501 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56430 on: December 17, 2012, 05:18:29 am »

Look, the WBC may be jerks and the world will probably be better off without them, but as long as we have the Constitution they have the right to assembly. That means taking the good with the bad.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56431 on: December 17, 2012, 05:20:05 am »

D'awww :c

Spilling Westboro blood is a bad thing now?

Fuck off, dutch. That's not funny.
Love, scriver~

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #56432 on: December 17, 2012, 05:25:33 am »

They are. They're already completely ostracised from society, and one of the most hated groups in your country. Inciting more hatred against them is only going to end with blood. It certainly isn't going to convince any Westboroist that the world isn't worth hating back.
They're inciting hatred with their actions and it's obviously what they want. I think internet vigilantism is a terrible idea, but I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who's done the things they've done.

Being ostracized didn't stop them from pissing on the memories of children, think about the damage that must have done to the families of the victims. I don't think we should allow something like that to happen again and maybe this will motivate people to take reasonable steps to prevent it.

Look, the WBC may be jerks and the world will probably be better off without them, but as long as we have the Constitution they have the right to assembly. That means taking the good with the bad.
They have the right to make their protests, but just because there's no legal recourse doesn't mean we have to sit by and allow it to happen. For example, we have a right to protest them, or give them a media blackout.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56433 on: December 17, 2012, 05:28:24 am »

They have the right to make their protests, but just because there's no legal recourse doesn't mean we have to sit by and allow it to happen. For example, we have a right to protest them, or give them a media blackout.
[/quote]Correct. What I was mostly responding to where the people who (perhaps jokingly) wish to injure or kill the WBC based on their actions. That kind of stuff goes way beyond anything covered by our rights.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56434 on: December 17, 2012, 05:42:18 am »

They are. They're already completely ostracised from society, and one of the most hated groups in your country. Inciting more hatred against them is only going to end with blood. It certainly isn't going to convince any Westboroist that the world isn't worth hating back.
They're inciting hatred with their actions and it's obviously what they want. I think internet vigilantism is a terrible idea, but I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who's done the things they've done.

Being ostracized didn't stop them from pissing on the memories of children, think about the damage that must have done to the families of the victims. I don't think we should allow something like that to happen again and maybe this will motivate people to take reasonable steps to prevent it.

So, what's reasonable about releasing personal information? The only things that's going to be used for is sending threats and harassing them.

Furthermore, their ostracation is part of what is causing their behaviour. How do you imagine anyone of them would be able to reconnect with the world if all they get from it is hate?

And lastly, don't go "they hated on us first so it's okay to hate them back". That's how children think. Simply put; Two wrongs will never make a right.
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56435 on: December 17, 2012, 05:45:49 am »

I realized something today..
I miss celebrating christmas with my family in Greenland.
This year is going to be different now that I live in sweden.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #56436 on: December 17, 2012, 05:48:17 am »

A preliminary hearing doesn't mean they have to let you go if they don't show the drug test results. Probable cause pretty much.... That's the test....

Explaining this is harder than you'd think.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #56437 on: December 17, 2012, 05:54:21 am »

scriver, I'm not sure why we're arguing because we basically agree. I do not hate them, I do not think people should hate them, but I also do not feel sorry when people do when that is exactly what they want and are working towards.

And I damn sure don't think what Anonymous did was reasonable. Like I said, internet vigilantism is a terrible idea. What I meant was that I hope it inspires other people to take actually reasonable steps.

I don't think being ostracized can explain this though, thinking like that only comes from extraordinarily insular groups who feel ostracized long before they actually are. It is a cult, and they have been brainwashed, but I don't think they want help and I doubt they'd accept it. There's only so much we can do on that front and I think that's part of the solution, but I think we should also do what we can to prevent something like this from happening again.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56438 on: December 17, 2012, 06:44:02 am »

Im so fucking afraid :(

So many conflicting emotions, so much fighting for and against.
And the heartsore tried to reintroduce itself this night, dreamed about her.

It feels like im killing someone but its just this male shell im trying to shed. It fights and objects against it. All i want is to have him gone so i can be me. God damn you overgrown shell! God damn you!

Worser is that i currently only have one supporting friend, she lives all the way inside Copenhagen, nothing a train ticket cant fix, but she has a baby and shes so busy. God damn this shit. Im a woman! Not that asshole, want him gone with his homophobia and closet nazism, his fundementalism. Its all so enraging! Die David! Die! Hands off me! Get your hands off my shit.

Of course.. I know, i want to keep myself safe untill i am ready. So i wont get beaten up by some immigrants, or the whitetrash in the other end of the town. What about my mom? She think gender is a gift from god or some shit. The fact that that bitch of a shit docter labelled me a paranoid schizo, im not! She just misunderstood me! FUCK

They would think im insane, and if they didnt, they would hate me for going against their god.
All i want is to untie the last knots of my being so i can live free!

Being Emma heals! Admitting my true self saved me from depression! I feel happy when i see myself and i call myself Emma im happy. That endless foutainlike mess of thoughts seizes. I can think clear and my creativity flows free. My words dont turn into salad and i make sense. People CARE FOR ME too.

Ich kapitulieren niemals, scheisse-Dave! Niemals!

:) im better now. I think. Still all that transition stuff sounds SO scary ;'(
Aint ready yet, but i will be.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56439 on: December 17, 2012, 08:41:25 am »

Welp, that's that. HP is keeping 30% of the contract. Guess who has two thumbs and a job that isn't in that 30%?

--> THIS GUY <--

FML.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #56440 on: December 17, 2012, 09:09:09 am »

Well I got into my first car accident yesterday which is a bit depressing but I'm glad everyone was okay.  Staying home because my back and neck are a bit sore though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56441 on: December 17, 2012, 09:11:36 am »

Stretch. 
every day.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56442 on: December 17, 2012, 09:15:03 am »

Stretch. 
every day.

The cup of piss has spoken. Do it. Seriously.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #56443 on: December 17, 2012, 09:18:56 am »

Thanks for the advice.  I guess I'll take a warm shower soon to relax my muscles and then maybe I'll look around on the internet for some good stretches to do.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56444 on: December 17, 2012, 10:16:02 am »

They are. They're already completely ostracised from society, and one 6of the most hated groups in your country. Inciting more hatred against them is only going to end with blood. It certainly isn't going to convince any Westboroist that the world isn't worth hating back.

So, what's reasonable about releasing personal information? The only things that's going to be used for is sending threats and harassing them.

Furthermore, their ostracation is part of what is causing their behaviour. How do you imagine anyone of them would be able to reconnect with the world if all they get from it is hate?

And lastly, don't go "they hated on us first so it's okay to hate them back". That's how children think. Simply put; Two wrongs will never make a right.
There have been a few, at least one, WBC family member who's walked away from the church, been accepted back into normal society, been hated by his family (he was a Phelps kid) and had been working against the church.

IIRC he had to sneak away in the night to do so. It's a cult, yeah, full blown.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 3761 3762 [3763] 3764 3765 ... 8167