Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3754 3755 [3756] 3757 3758 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471810 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56325 on: December 14, 2012, 07:02:36 am »

It is 4 o'clock in the morning here. I'm yawning like mad, but when I tried to go to bed three hours ago I couldn't sleep a wink. Think I'll try again.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56326 on: December 14, 2012, 08:00:05 am »

Damnit I'm upset.

In the latest Roosterteeth Podcast, Gavin is telling this story. Now, when I first started watching Roosterteeth things I really liked Gavin cause he's dopey and clumsy and seemed really likeable. I'd always secretly root for him when the group's in a Let's Play cause he's just not a good player and I like rooting for the underdog.

But in this podcast, he tells a story that's troubling: Where when he's dating someone, if he wants to break up with them, he just ceases all contact without even telling her. He stops answering her calls or texts her, just ignores her completely until she gets the message. I thought this was bad, but all his friends just kind of laugh about it, and even empathize with him like it was some kind of legitimate personal choice. This is another of those things where I'm not sure if I'm painfully naive, or completely justified in thinking that he's a fucking vile twit that doesn't deserve neither love nor respect.

I really hate that my enjoyment of RoosterTeeth vids might be tarnished just cause of the feelings I have, that may not even be justified, towards one of the commentators. I just can't shake off this feeling that I'm just some naive, love-starved asshole getting mad over nothing. That everyone else has already been there and done that, and I'm just holding onto some shallow idea of morality that's already been discarded by society at large.

When I get angry at someone, I'm always placed in the conundrum of whether or not that anger is misplaced, of whether I should just turn it inward and hate myself, since that's where it originates anyway.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:17:32 am by JoshuaFH »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #56327 on: December 14, 2012, 08:57:58 am »

I'd say your rage/sadness is totally justified, if you're going to break up with someone, then have the balls to just tell them
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56328 on: December 14, 2012, 08:59:25 am »

I'd say your rage/sadness is totally justified, if you're going to break up with someone, then have the balls to just tell them

Also have the balls to say *why* you broke up with them, instead of giving them something stupid like "You're too good a person to be with someone like me".

That still pisses me off.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #56329 on: December 14, 2012, 09:00:26 am »

Yeah, I'd rather have someone just straight up say that they don't like me any more and don't want to be with me, a list of flaws and reasons is nice, but not necessary.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56330 on: December 14, 2012, 09:20:47 am »

Yeah, I'd rather have someone just straight up say that they don't like me any more and don't want to be with me, a list of flaws and reasons is nice, but not necessary.

This. I'd rather be aware of the situation than continue thinking things could still work out, thanks very much.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56331 on: December 14, 2012, 11:18:23 am »

I'm sad because Daryll might break it off with me. :/
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56332 on: December 14, 2012, 11:39:57 am »

I'm sad because Daryll might break it off with me. :/
Awww, I thought things were going well there?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56333 on: December 14, 2012, 11:42:20 am »

He's apparently been having doubts about whether he wants a serious relationship or not.

We're going to talk come Christmas and see what's going to happen.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56334 on: December 14, 2012, 11:46:17 am »

He's apparently been having doubts about whether he wants a serious relationship or not.

We're going to talk come Christmas and see what's going to happen.
*hugs*
Best of luck then. Maybe you two just need to throttle back a bit. Keep the relationship, but make it a bit less intense/serious.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56335 on: December 14, 2012, 11:50:26 am »

Mhm... Problem with me is that I tend to throw myself fully into things, and I don't really know how to strike a balance between 0% and 100%. :/

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56336 on: December 14, 2012, 11:57:00 am »

Just remember that it's his choice :(

Best of luck, dude! I hope you two figure out how to make things work.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56337 on: December 14, 2012, 12:00:09 pm »

Of course it's his choice. I dunno...

He said that originally he "didn't want to date, really, but didn't know how to say no."

I don't really know what to think, because about a month or two after we started dating he said the same thing, about not really wanting to date at first, but then said "Now I can't think of not being with you."

Apparently he's had these doubts since October.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56338 on: December 14, 2012, 12:06:07 pm »

Mhm... Problem with me is that I tend to throw myself fully into things, and I don't really know how to strike a balance between 0% and 100%. :/
I understand that problem. Did the same when I was younger...which led to throwing myself into some relationships I should have been diving out of a moving car to avoid.

Protip: Don't act like this.  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If it's meant to be, it'll be.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56339 on: December 14, 2012, 12:07:09 pm »

So basically, you're a drug he knew he should have said no to, but you're just so good he couldn't resists and just can't stop?
Are you must be wrecking this poor guy with your addictive nature?
Pages: 1 ... 3754 3755 [3756] 3757 3758 ... 8167