Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3747 3748 [3749] 3750 3751 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472634 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56220 on: December 12, 2012, 10:48:30 am »

I think the conservatives you are talking about are mainly American. I find the conservative party here in Belgium (CD&V) to be very tolerable. It's just that (most) American conservatives are against things that have nothing to do with political views. Something that does have to do with political views is, for example, banning prostitution or not. Gay marriage or not should not even be a point of discussion. It should just be a given.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56221 on: December 12, 2012, 10:49:03 am »

All this talk of a Reproductive Health bill is making me feel sick.

It's good for culling population growth and therefore food shortages, but sometimes I just have to think that not anyone can have access to these "fantastic" birth control methods, mainly because of price, so it won't do anything for the poor people who can't seem to tell themselves to stop having sex and produce about 11 children per family.

It's... a good bill, and not quite a good bill. Because how is this going to change things if these poor people can't even afford a single packet of noodles?

Maybe it'll encourage premarital sex?

:/
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56222 on: December 12, 2012, 11:01:16 am »

On an actual sad note:

Parents are great to reduce self confidence. I'm finished with learning for the exams i have tomorrow in a short period, because one of them is English and the other i already learned for the past days.

"Isn't it a bit early for you to be done already?"

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #56223 on: December 12, 2012, 11:18:56 am »

Nah man, parents just aren't happy unless you're sitting staring at a book. Even if you've already memorized everything in it and are now just rearranging the words into dongs mentally.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56224 on: December 12, 2012, 11:19:53 am »

"No."
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56225 on: December 12, 2012, 11:22:40 am »

"No."
Just about what i did.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56226 on: December 12, 2012, 04:54:55 pm »

Bureau lost a K-9 in the line of duty yesterday. They just posted the announcement.  :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56227 on: December 12, 2012, 05:05:14 pm »

Christian friend posted this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My logic... it hurts.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56228 on: December 12, 2012, 05:08:20 pm »

Makes sense to me, unless you're interpreting it as an answer to the Problem of Evil, which it definitely is not. The message there is that it's our responsibility to deal with poverty, famine, etc, not God's, and if you ignore the Problem of Evil or somehow rationalize it away (allowing these things to exist at all despite an omnibenevolant/omniscient/etc deity), then it makes perfect sense.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #56229 on: December 12, 2012, 05:09:06 pm »

A while ago I cleaned up my room and dedicated myself to doing something I needed to do every day.

That lasted a week, maybe. I still have a clip board of crap I need to take care of from months ago, plus new stuff. I lost track of my water bill and it got shut off, had to pay a reconnect fee to get it back on. I still have not done my homeowners tax credit, or ordered the title of the car I payed off nearly 6 months ago. Fuck me if the only thing I am capable of achieving on a given day is making it to work at the last possible moment (9am) when I have been meaning to come in at 7 so I can have daylight after getting off work. And my room is a mess again.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56230 on: December 12, 2012, 05:10:48 pm »

Aswering a question with a question is still a dick move, though.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56231 on: December 12, 2012, 05:15:19 pm »

I wish I had one to tear :( damn circumcision.
Jewish parents or just one of the cultural/'hygiene' (basically disproven) sort of thingies?
Latter.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56232 on: December 12, 2012, 05:17:05 pm »

You forgot making it look larger.  :P

And to be fair, the whole "cleanliness" bit made a hell of a lot of sense when medical care was terrible (by modern standards) and any little crevice that could build up stuff was a potential source of infection. Which (WMG) might well have some link to why the Jews did it, in the same way that they didn't go along with the other stupid ideas about eating animals that wallowed in their own feces or never bathing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:19:11 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #56233 on: December 12, 2012, 05:17:55 pm »

Aswering a question with a question is still a dick move, though.

If you ask God why he's a dick, he'll respond with the same question.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56234 on: December 12, 2012, 05:18:14 pm »

Ah, right.

All your information are belong to us.
Careful asking me personal questions or you might get a very honest answer :P
Pages: 1 ... 3747 3748 [3749] 3750 3751 ... 8167