Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3744 3745 [3746] 3747 3748 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473232 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56175 on: December 11, 2012, 01:38:57 am »

I think the Fates might have been trying they're damndest to find me a girlfriend today, and I totally biffed it.

The story: I just got out of my somewhat-difficult logic final exam, and was standing in a stairway texting my family. Into the stairwell walks a cute girl who was in my class. She asked how I did on the test, I reciprocated, then we wished each other a good vacation and parted ways.
So I walk out to my car and prepare to drive home, when who should approach the car parked right next to mine than the same girl as before (keep in mind that the parking lots are huge and there are many of them). I was already gone though, and I figured stopping to say hi again might appear stalker-ish. No sooner had I left the parking lot did a sappy love song begin playing on the radio.

Not sure if massive coincidence or universe trolling me.
Definetely trolling. I know the bastard to well for it to be anything else.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56176 on: December 11, 2012, 01:39:46 am »

I think the Fates might have been trying they're damndest to find me a girlfriend today, and I totally biffed it.

The story: I just got out of my somewhat-difficult logic final exam, and was standing in a stairway texting my family. Into the stairwell walks a cute girl who was in my class. She asked how I did on the test, I reciprocated, then we wished each other a good vacation and parted ways.
So I walk out to my car and prepare to drive home, when who should approach the car parked right next to mine than the same girl as before (keep in mind that the parking lots are huge and there are many of them). I was already gone though, and I figured stopping to say hi again might appear stalker-ish. No sooner had I left the parking lot did a sappy love song begin playing on the radio.

Given the universe in general, I assume Murphey's law, I.e. if you went for it, she was just being friendly and you're a stalker, but since you didn't go for it, she would have been happy to see you, and somehow would have gotten to talking and asking you out.

Given your choices, you chose the best option.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56177 on: December 11, 2012, 01:40:50 am »

Welp, that was fun. I just had a coughing spell that hurt so bad I was foaming at the mouth. Stupid stomach.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56178 on: December 11, 2012, 01:42:40 am »

Given the universe in general, I assume Murphey's law, I.e. if you went for it, she was just being friendly and you're a stalker, but since you didn't go for it, she would have been happy to see you, and somehow would have gotten to talking and asking you out.

Given your choices, you chose the best option.
So basically the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal on a macro scale?

@ MZ: Dude, that can't be good. You okay?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56179 on: December 11, 2012, 01:50:04 am »

I'll live. It's just a good reminder that I still have a pulled muscle in my upper stomach, and that coughing REALLY hurts.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #56180 on: December 11, 2012, 01:51:33 am »

I'll live. It's just a good reminder that I still have a pulled muscle in my upper stomach, and that coughing REALLY hurts.
*grumblegrumblelimitationsofphysicalformgrumble*
I feels ya.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56181 on: December 11, 2012, 01:55:09 am »

Well, just be careful, alright?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56182 on: December 11, 2012, 01:56:55 am »

I will attempt not to cough so hard in the future. Also, I made all the BBY workers do all my lifting today.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56183 on: December 11, 2012, 01:57:44 am »

I will attempt not to cough so hard in the future. Also, I made all the BBY workers do all my lifting today.
Cough drops, my good sir. Actually, lozenges are better, but drops are easier to carry around.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56184 on: December 11, 2012, 02:01:40 am »

I have now used SCIENCE to justify being shy in that the Universe wll screw you over.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:04:09 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56185 on: December 11, 2012, 02:07:32 am »

Choose life and live  Maximum Zero!  The board would miss you, even obscure people like me would!  Obviously we all are more important than the real world folks who would miss you. :) (P.S. Which is to say you might wanna have a doc check that out next time you get a chance)

-----------------------

I thought I submitted what basically amounted to 1/4th of this semesters programming homework last week through the online system.  A little less than a week before the whole lot of it was due.  I'm confirming some details of the final project on the site and decide to check to see if those were graded yet.

It seems in my strange insanity I gave all the files the required names and zipped them all up for submission... and then forgot to add the zip file as an attachment to the dropbox.  The dropbox is past due and thus locked.  Well that class's grade just tanked big.  Those are half my grade, and the teacher is out of town.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:10:31 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56186 on: December 11, 2012, 07:11:37 am »

So I turned 20 today. Funnily enough it doesn't seem that big of a number, and it doesn't seem that much has been done in those 20 years. Just an ordinary day  I guess, perhaps feeling a bit more reclusive than usually, but that has become common too.

And my internet has gone even more shit recently. Fuckers can't keep a strong signal in the middle of the god damned city, which in turn makes everything using internet complete shit too since you never know when your ping will blow up into four digits (had 30 second lag yesterday).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #56187 on: December 11, 2012, 08:40:32 am »

*appraises the progress of the 3d model before him...*
*FROWS IT ON DA GROUND!*
*broken polygons scatter and disappear everywhere*

"WRONG!  Too many polygons!  Do it again!"

(scrapping a couple hours of work)
(I cry evertim)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:44:21 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56188 on: December 11, 2012, 12:56:42 pm »

My car broke down today. As a kind passerby who stopped to help said, it was mostly like too much water in my antifreeze. The antifreeze froze annihilating the universe and all its inhabitants and burst something somewhere inside the engine. At first I thought it was my transmission, which would have been... Bloody perfect. :/ Hopefully this repair is less than a thousand dollars. Not that I can even afford a hundred dollars at this time of year.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56189 on: December 11, 2012, 01:31:51 pm »

Found myself hoping the Mayans were right. It would simplify things a great deal.  :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 3744 3745 [3746] 3747 3748 ... 8167