Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3743 3744 [3745] 3746 3747 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473268 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56160 on: December 10, 2012, 06:46:16 pm »

Well, my sisters sold her car back to the dealership, they took it off her hands for what she owed on it, they probably wont be making much money either unless they can find a real sucker.

On the good side, she and my parents can't really afford to pay for it and its insurance and pay for their own food and medical care.

On the bad side, that makes them even more dependent on me, because they will pretty much be borrowing my car for all their transportation needs. And my truck is a standard, and only has room for 1 passenger, and doesn't have a fully functional AC... So my mother can't drive it without her arms going numb, or take both my step dad and sister, or during the summer without passing out. And I can't carry out my plan to trade in both my truck and car to buy a really nice double cab truck without leaving them in the lurch without a vehicle, and since they left my bike out and let it get stolen I can't bike to work and let them borrow that hypothetical nice truck during the day.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56161 on: December 10, 2012, 06:52:24 pm »

Nadaka, I'm pretty much the last person who would ever say anything like this, but...

Are you sure you're not enabling your family?

If your assistance is helping them, and not just keeping them stagnant, then by all means, keep at it. But if they ARE just stagnating and becoming more and more reliant on you... something needs to change :( You have a life to think about too.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56162 on: December 10, 2012, 07:08:10 pm »

Nadaka, when I hear about someone running ragged to help other people, and they "inadvertently" screw you over (as a group), like with the bike thing, it really doesn't sound like a healthy relationship. Do they do anything else that directly screws you over? Do they show much remorse?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #56163 on: December 10, 2012, 07:17:58 pm »

Nadaka, I'm pretty much the last person who would ever say anything like this, but...

Are you sure you're not enabling your family?

If your assistance is helping them, and not just keeping them stagnant, then by all means, keep at it. But if they ARE just stagnating and becoming more and more reliant on you... something needs to change :( You have a life to think about too.

They don't make enough money to live on, and  they don't qualify for any welfare beyond their social security, and they all have terrible medical problems. The alternative to me helping them is pretty much their deaths. My mother could not possibly survive homelessness with her spinal injury and diabetes. My stepfather has brain damage. My sister has so much wrong with her that I can't even list it all, polycystic ovaries, daily migraines, a bad hip, who knows what all else. There is no charity that will help, there is no government program that will help, there are no relatives who are both willing and able to help. I am the only one.

I was born and raised in suffering and fear and rage, and no matter what I do, no matter how far I push myself, I can never truly escape it. It always comes back one way or another.

I have no friends where I live. I barely have associates I can talk to at work. I have no romantic prospects at all. I really don't have a life to think about.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56164 on: December 10, 2012, 07:24:13 pm »

Very well. Make sure you don't make yourself crazy in the process, though :(
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56165 on: December 10, 2012, 07:24:52 pm »

My Accounting professor is such an absolute idiot. Guy just says the obvious, and doesn't even illustrate what or how to make statements for accounting. Even worse, is that he provides a bunch of formulas only he knows how to use, since he never explains on the uses of the aforementioned formulas. D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56166 on: December 10, 2012, 07:36:44 pm »

Nadaka, That sounds like the beggining of a story tht ends with the Headline: "Nut kills family, goes on rampage" Subtitle: "5 dead, 16 wounded".

Selected quotes: "He was such a nice boy", "Must have snapped", "This has nothing to do with gun availability", "I blame television and violent videogames". And the cover has your face laughing and coated with blood.

I had a point at first, but now I just want to write that news article. Nadaka, do you have a picture of your face I can photoshop blood onto?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56167 on: December 10, 2012, 07:42:56 pm »

Here you go:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #56168 on: December 10, 2012, 09:44:47 pm »

Second time I played Settlers of Catan, first time the white pieces were even out of the box, and the two year old manages to get ahold of a city and feed it to the dog.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56169 on: December 10, 2012, 10:01:50 pm »

I just discovered that one of my more prominent moles, on my right hip, is sort of half-way peeled off. It's going to be really gross if it falls off.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56170 on: December 11, 2012, 01:11:34 am »

One of my friends watched a homeless man on the side of the street have a heart attack and die today.
* Scelly9 sighs
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56171 on: December 11, 2012, 01:30:30 am »

One of my friends watched a homeless man on the side of the street have a heart attack and die today.
* Scelly9 sighs
What.

No calling 911? The fuck?

(I'm assuming they have a cell phone, even though I'm living proof not everyone does. If they didn't have a cell phone, or the guy died before an ambulance could arrive, then replace this post with a more solidly sympathetic one)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56172 on: December 11, 2012, 01:32:37 am »

They did call, the ambulance got there about 3 minutes after he stopped moving.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56173 on: December 11, 2012, 01:33:25 am »

Ah, I see :(

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56174 on: December 11, 2012, 01:34:14 am »

I think the Fates might have been trying their damndest to find me a girlfriend today, and I totally biffed it.

The story: I just got out of my somewhat-difficult logic final exam, and was standing in a stairway texting my family. Into the stairwell walks a cute girl who was in my class. She asked how I did on the test, I reciprocated, then we wished each other a good vacation and parted ways.
So I walk out to my car and prepare to drive home, when who should approach the car parked right next to mine than the same girl as before (keep in mind that the parking lots are huge and there are many of them). I was already gone though, and I figured stopping to say hi again might appear stalker-ish. No sooner had I left the parking lot did a sappy love song begin playing on the radio.

Not sure if massive coincidence or universe trolling me.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:41:22 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3743 3744 [3745] 3746 3747 ... 8167