Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3730 3731 [3732] 3733 3734 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466520 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55965 on: December 04, 2012, 07:16:17 pm »

What was the activity, exactly?
Yeah, that'd be good to know. If it's like a civil service project, then there should be no problem.

Sunday school. That's that.
While uncommon, kids have been abused in sunday school before. Happened here in Utah oh... bout a decade back. Now the room doors at church are required to be open during lessons, here.

I sympathize with them for the trouble if they're innocent, and especially how their image has invariably been tainted whether innocent or guilty.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55966 on: December 04, 2012, 07:29:19 pm »

Uhh, Hmm. 5-7 hours, usually. Closer to 5.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #55967 on: December 04, 2012, 07:40:32 pm »

Sleep? Usually 4 hours between 4 and 8AM, but that's terrible for me. I had 12 today from 5AM to 5PM.

My plans assumed I'd get up at 12, so...  :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55968 on: December 04, 2012, 09:32:24 pm »

Anywhere from 4-12 hours. Depends on whether I have my daughter, and how long she sleeps if I do.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55969 on: December 04, 2012, 09:35:56 pm »

Anywhere from midnight to 2 AM until anywhere from 7 AM to noon. So anything from five to twelve hours.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55970 on: December 04, 2012, 10:50:24 pm »

Anything from zero to 12 hours. Usually about five or six.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55971 on: December 04, 2012, 10:52:53 pm »

I think I need more friends to do things with.

I have some friends but they only do stuff together and lately we been kinda growing to have different interests to the point where I cannot keep up.

I feel kinda left out and with nothing to share with anyone else or experience things with.

It is like there is no point in doing anything or going anywhere. I have a lot of time to do all these things like create a setting for dungeons and dragons, work on learning to sprite my character for the point and click, and even playing many of the games I have now and I don't want to do any of them.

Things are only going to get worse.

---

Also there is this guy just yelling and yelling at me on youtube and I've chosen not to be as... negative as usual and try to find out what is making him so crazy and I still cannot find out.

I ask him to clarify and he just rants and rants and insults and insults with the only thing he goes on about is "You should know already!" and I am just lost. I'd link you but I am worried I somehow did say something wrong but I have no idea what... but apperantly it is extremely offensive somehow and that I am a terrible and stupid person for not seeing it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:59:47 pm by Neonivek »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #55972 on: December 04, 2012, 11:00:03 pm »

I have some friends but they only do stuff together and lately we been kinda growing to have different interests to the point where I cannot keep up.

I feel kinda left out and with nothing to share with anyone else or experience things with.

It is like there is no point in doing anything or going anywhere. I have a lot of time to do all these things like create a setting for dungeons and dragons, work on learning to sprite my character for the point and click, and even playing many of the games I have now and I don't want to do any of them.

---

Also there is this guy just yelling and yelling at me on youtube and I've chosen not to be as... negative as usual and try to find out what is making him so crazy and I still cannot find out.

I ask him to clarify and he just rants and rants and insults and insults with the only thing he goes on about is "You should know already!" and I am just lost. I'd link you but I am worried I somehow did say something wrong but I have no idea what.

I have the same problem with friends - well, I have a few good ones but they're always busy / hard to reach. :(

About the argument, if the guy keeps saying "You should know already!!!" then he's hardly being reasonable. Don't worry about it. :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55973 on: December 04, 2012, 11:48:42 pm »

I found out what Insane angry guy was yelling at me about.

You know how I have a tendency to add information to something without really addressing the main point myself?

He asked a question that I thought was Rhetorical and so I strengthened his statement, as I thought it was, with my own.

Problem was it was a genuin question.. and even now I am surprised it actually was. Thus he thought I was answering his question with gibberish.

I am starting to hate the internet the sheer number of times this happens to me... I have enough people not understanding me in real life.

---

Also I think I am developing my Christmas Depression again.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:15:25 am by Neonivek »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55974 on: December 05, 2012, 12:29:28 am »

Fuck, that feeling you get when you accidently piss off someone you really respect and want to be friends with. Just fuck that feeling.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55975 on: December 05, 2012, 12:56:29 am »

Welcome to my life. :\

Years of having no friends and no "normal" interests have made me very shy, which of course brings me to your situation now. I have no friends to do stuff with.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:59:22 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Alpha Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55976 on: December 05, 2012, 12:58:05 am »

Would you believe it if I told you I cried today. I might be a little over-arousaled, to use a less feminizing military term, but it was personal, for my father.

Years of having no friends and no "normal" interests have made me very shy, which of course brings us to your situation now. I have no friends to do stuff with.

Do you live in a vast concrete city? I am sorry for you if it is true, but in these isolated times, nature provides plenty. I truly enjoy watching birds such as DaVinci does, he speaks in his diaries. I hope to breath new fire into our souls one day, though being a small part of the greater good is all that is necessary.

I will share my pain earlier today. It was an outburst like many before it over the countless backs, strained and beaten, of many fathers since the industrialized age beckoned "progress." Where once Americans may have had simpler lives tending land and family, we now serve and industrialized nation, that in the early years did produce much of the good, but now only strains us to keep in line, chokes our world in progressive development, and yet all we really need is food, earth under our feet, and family. Industry can now be mastered by a fraction of the population that our government is telling us must be kept at a ridiculous status quo.

If any of you think these words are insincere, read them again, they are bare, contextless. There is only the isolated glow of our progress before you.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:10:46 am by Alpha Dwarf »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55977 on: December 05, 2012, 01:54:07 am »

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:01:57 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55978 on: December 05, 2012, 02:00:10 am »

Wow, Misko, even for one of your patented rants, that one was quite insane. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55979 on: December 05, 2012, 02:08:27 am »

Would you believe it if I told you I cried today. I might be a little over-arousaled, to use a less feminizing military term, but it was personal, for my father.

Years of having no friends and no "normal" interests have made me very shy, which of course brings us to your situation now. I have no friends to do stuff with.

Do you live in a vast concrete city? I am sorry for you if it is true, but in these isolated times, nature provides plenty. I truly enjoy watching birds such as DaVinci does, he speaks in his diaries. I hope to breath new fire into our souls one day, though being a small part of the greater good is all that is necessary.

I will share my pain earlier today. It was an outburst like many before it over the countless backs, strained and beaten, of many fathers since the industrialized age beckoned "progress." Where once Americans may have had simpler lives tending land and family, we now serve and industrialized nation, that in the early years did produce much of the good, but now only strains us to keep in line, chokes our world in progressive development, and yet all we really need is food, earth under our feet, and family. Industry can now be mastered by a fraction of the population that our government is telling us must be kept at a ridiculous status quo.

If any of you think these words are insincere, read them again, they are bare, contextless. There is only the isolated glow of our progress before you.
Hey! Industrialization has done much to help the plight of man. Years ago, the times you pine for, you would spend your entier life birthed into your line of work, statistically, almost certainly peasant farmer. Disease would ravage you, customs and religion would bind you, and there is no true pleasure but the promise of a life beyond this, and of the sweet embrace of death. Toil endlessly, no betterment.

I really, REALLY, hate people who think life was better "In the golden age" It was NOT better. It was far worse. Life was, compared to now, approximately equal, your comforts and freedoms lessened. You, live in a unprecedented age in history! More liberal laws reign then any ever seen before! Free to do as you please! Technology prevents early death! Living to fecking 80! Of course, it's "cool" to be "ironic" and cast aside your freedoms in search of something else. Of course, you all have the fortune of beign born into richer nations, so the Romanticized ideal stands before you.

The Myth of the Golden age is probably the most prominient one in our culture, and in fact in may be human nature. To disregard your advances, and pine for what you can understand without thinking. Like a child, longing for what it could deal with, longing for, Ignorance. Blind, empty, ignorance. The Men in the cave, to use Plato's analogy. No. Progress is made. Simple? Humans like the idea of simple. They like it alot. It's not who life works. If we still lived in the backward times you describe, I, Personally, would not be alive today. I'd have died at age 7. I owe my life to the "Industry". Status Quo is preferable to life-ending change. Hell, you live in a era of unprecendented change! You can VOTE. Do you realize what a fucking Luxury that is? You sit there, one of the most PRIVELEGED HUMAN BEINGS IN HISTORY.

Damn it. now I've spent 15 minutes ranting what I meant to spend sleeping. Well, I'll leave it as is. My moral is thus: Do not throw away the products of thousands of years of progress because you think that somehow, life was better without toliet paper. do you know how hard it is to live without toliet paper? FOREVER?

Don't you worry, I use a tabo filled with water to wipe my ass when pooping.

...am I missing the point?

And seriously, I did not need anyone ranting about the worth of technological progress. I know what I want from it, and I don't need anyone dictating if life would've been better if it today was still like the golden ages.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:10:41 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 3730 3731 [3732] 3733 3734 ... 8167