Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3729 3730 [3731] 3732 3733 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466704 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55950 on: December 04, 2012, 11:52:55 am »

What was the activity, exactly?
Crucifixion?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55951 on: December 04, 2012, 02:26:41 pm »

So much frustration for the exams.

The exams are still a week away.

Oh, and i finally got this writing thing back from the teacher, way too late. Final version has to be in friday.
Notes say that it's not relevant to the theme enough. Uuugh. I don't know why i'm taking this so seriously.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55952 on: December 04, 2012, 03:37:40 pm »

Yeah, that'd be good to know. If it's like a civil service project, then there should be no problem.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #55953 on: December 04, 2012, 04:06:26 pm »

I took a sick day from work today. Unfortunately I spent most of it sitting on a toilet.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55954 on: December 04, 2012, 04:08:51 pm »

Drink fluids!  Plenty of water helps move things along.

Citrate of Magnesium is what I use for certain moments. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55955 on: December 04, 2012, 05:54:28 pm »

Thankfully I have enough money to take the security license exam to join Paragon Security if they will let me...

But I haven't worked more than 3 days since two Monday's ago! And from the sounds of it, I'm not going to work at all this week. The company I work for didn't get -any- orders this weekend, I think an error on the part of their computers, but regardless, the place is dead, and I haven't been able to work there either yesterday or today.

To make matters worse, I slept in to 2:30 today. It's been bad lately but not -that- bad, especially since I slept anywhere from 12 to 14 hours because of it!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #55956 on: December 04, 2012, 06:01:56 pm »

To make matters worse, I slept in to 2:30 today. It's been bad lately but not -that- bad, especially since I slept anywhere from 12 to 14 hours because of it!
I average 4-6 hours, but have done exactly the same as you when my life lacked purpose (e.g., a job) and direction (e.g., a job). So I wouldn't be too down on yourself about it. Pretty normal, really.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55957 on: December 04, 2012, 06:06:15 pm »

5-8. Depending on whether I have lessons in the morning or not.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #55958 on: December 04, 2012, 06:21:24 pm »

I tend to get 4. 2 if I wake up in the middle of the night or have been drinking. I've never been good at sleeping.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #55959 on: December 04, 2012, 06:30:24 pm »

Without taking anything I get about 4-5 (it varies. Sometimes it gets to six. But in general, my "natural" circadian cycle is broken). Taking first-gen antihystaminics   I usually manage to get somewhere near to 6-7, but it aint foolproof. I keep a small stock of bds for when I absolutedly need to guarantee a good night's sleep. I avoid using them in normal circumstances, though, to avoid tollerance and dependence issues (it takes four weeks of continuous daily use for those to set in, but better to be safe than sorry).
PD: Oh yeah, on shift days I get about 2 hours at night, then the following day free to recover.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:00:32 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55960 on: December 04, 2012, 06:41:37 pm »

4-10 hours, depending on when I set my alarm.  Lately its been about 7-9.  I attribute it to depression and less physical activity.

~This made me sad.  Just checked my email and I'm still getting this.  I've been banned for quite awhile (I responded to a hacking question).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55961 on: December 04, 2012, 06:48:49 pm »

Anywhere between 4-11 hours, with a starting point being anywhere from 9 PM to 4 AM.  Normally doesn't vary too much, but that's the range I can expect to explore at some point every week.

On some occasions (like this weekend) I'll lie in bed thrashing around for an hour or two without being able to properly relax enough to sleep.  Stuff like thinking about that girl and wondering what she's thinking, brooding over my own prospects in life and whether or not I'll actually be able to change, or just stumbling upon the section of my brain that has a couple of the alarm exercises from the military stashed away where they (normally) can't hurt me.  In those cases, I may stoop to self-medicating with the vodka bottle in my fridge.  But it very rarely gets to that point.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #55962 on: December 04, 2012, 06:50:14 pm »

I generally get about 2-3 hours a day during the week, then 10 or so on Friday to catch up.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55963 on: December 04, 2012, 06:53:43 pm »

Yeah, that'd be good to know. If it's like a civil service project, then there should be no problem.

Sunday school. That's that.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55964 on: December 04, 2012, 07:12:06 pm »

5-6 during school. 3-4 during work, less if I pull night shifts. Anywhere from 9-14 on vacation. There's something obscenely refreshing about going to sleep at 4 am and not waking up until late that night.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 3729 3730 [3731] 3732 3733 ... 8167