Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3728 3729 [3730] 3731 3732 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467193 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55935 on: December 03, 2012, 05:49:43 pm »

I've been trying to tell them that all along!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55936 on: December 03, 2012, 06:05:54 pm »

MZ, you need to stop holding back and just facepunch some of the support beams in half.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55937 on: December 03, 2012, 06:10:32 pm »

I have come to understand that I can not stand my parents. I mean I love them and all, but holy shit do they annoy me more than I could ever possibly imagine! I am an adult, they need to make sort sort of effort to remember that rather than thinking I am some sort of kid. When I turn down junk food, it isn't because 'I'm just in a grumpy mood' It is because I don't fucking eat junk food! I am one of the slimmest guys I know and would like to keep it that way for the sole reason of attracting a girlfriend, but they can't understand that because they think I'm a five year old who thinks girls are icky. If I go off on my own while shopping I didn't 'get lost', I'm doing my own fucking shopping! I can even find my own way home if we don't meet up again, you don't need to freak out and look for me! If I'm trying to sort out an internet plan it isn't just to 'Play video games', it is to gain access to literally the entirety of human knowledge and maintain contact with people who aren't annoying and patronizing!

The point when you have just outgrown your parents is just depressing.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #55938 on: December 03, 2012, 06:27:44 pm »

Whenever I read this thread or the rage thread I realize how well off I am and feel annoyed at how I'm unable to comprehend some things as a result
It's FEF, not FEOF

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #55939 on: December 03, 2012, 07:16:00 pm »

Guess who's here for more ranting~

Seriously, though. I've been having constant periods of constipation and diarrhea ever since I was nine, and for once, I finally told my mom about it. Turns out she has Irritable Bowel-Syndrome, and I miiight have gotten her illness. What does she say about it? It's incurable and I'm going to have to deal with this for the rest of my life. T_T

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #55940 on: December 03, 2012, 07:44:57 pm »

I have come to understand that I can not stand my parents. I mean I love them and all, but holy shit do they annoy me more than I could ever possibly imagine! I am an adult, they need to make sort sort of effort to remember that rather than thinking I am some sort of kid. When I turn down junk food, it isn't because 'I'm just in a grumpy mood' It is because I don't fucking eat junk food! I am one of the slimmest guys I know and would like to keep it that way for the sole reason of attracting a girlfriend, but they can't understand that because they think I'm a five year old who thinks girls are icky. If I go off on my own while shopping I didn't 'get lost', I'm doing my own fucking shopping! I can even find my own way home if we don't meet up again, you don't need to freak out and look for me! If I'm trying to sort out an internet plan it isn't just to 'Play video games', it is to gain access to literally the entirety of human knowledge and maintain contact with people who aren't annoying and patronizing!

The point when you have just outgrown your parents is just depressing.

Its so much worse when you outgrow your parents, get out on your own and experience the liberation of freedom... And then they have to move in with you and absorb all your free money, free space, free time, ability to deal with stress, etc.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55941 on: December 03, 2012, 07:51:34 pm »

I did for a while, then my roommate moved on very short notice and I am left looking for a new apartment. Until I can find something suitable I am left living with good old mum and dad.
There is nothing in the fridge but wine and cheese, dad doesn't close the damn bathroom door, I need to walk to the library for internet, and the closest any of my friends are is about 300 km away in Sydney...

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55942 on: December 03, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »

Just remember, things can always get worse.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55944 on: December 04, 2012, 01:41:07 am »

Day of the exam.  I know I should eat something, or get some last-minute reading in, but I feel so nauseous that I can barely bring myself to move around, let alone eat.  And the fact that it's -12 degrees Celsius (10 Fahrenheit) outside and my apartment seems to think "heat" is an icky monster infestation, well, it doesn't exactly help me muster the courage to leap out of bed and get ready for this special exam that has a roughly 40-50% failure rate and that I effectively haven't studied for at all.

What I have managed to do is get them to let me take it on a computer rather than pen-and-paper.  So there's that.  Maybe I'll be verbose enough on a keyboard to be able to bullshit myself into a passing grade.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55945 on: December 04, 2012, 07:29:13 am »

My desktop is dead. Flat out, kerplunk, tits-up, dead. Won't turn on at all any more. Something was bluescreening before, now it's all hosed. My hard drives should be okay, but as for everything else...

Good thing I'm getting new parts for Christmas. Still, that's like four weeks with only a very, very crappy laptop to live by. First world problems, right, but I'm still sad. The thing lasted me years, y'know?

I know that feel, bro, I know that feel.

Recently had to spend $400 to get my desktop working again.

Unrelated, been having problems with bitterness.

I get pissed off at things, causing me to get bitter and snarky, which makes it hard to my friends to deal with me, so they avoid me, which makes me bitterer and snarkier.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:37:08 am by Japa »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55946 on: December 04, 2012, 10:01:02 am »

No classes tomorrow, but the lack of a proper deadline is killing my ability to make my assignment.

PROCRASTINATION is kicking in, like venom in my veins.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55947 on: December 04, 2012, 11:25:57 am »

Bullshat my way through the entire exam today.  2,065 words to say "I haven't got a fucking clue".  We'll see what all happens with that.

Starting with meds tomorrow, which may or may not potentially render me impotent for the rest of my life.  Also, headaches and diarrhea.

Turns out that my "safety net" of my dad's cousin's apartment is only valid through to the end of January, after which a friend of hers will be properly moving in to the apartment.

Through all this, I'm still just thinking about that girl.  Which is sad because she's one of the most objectively amazing people I know.  But it's also strange, because if she had felt that way about me and we had tried things out together, then I'd be in another relationship with a bipolar person, which probably isn't all that healthy for me considering my own lacking mental stability.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55948 on: December 04, 2012, 11:40:08 am »

So I heard a small evangelical religious activity for children was branded by the media as some kind of child abuse case, and lo-and-behold, the teachers of the activity now have a child abuse case on their hands.

Seriously, having known how these things run via first-hand experience, I feel this kind of report was just done to create media buzz, neglecting the actual situation there.

All the more reason to justify my hatred for the media, branding my friends as criminals because of a certain misunderstood activity.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55949 on: December 04, 2012, 11:52:13 am »

What was the activity, exactly?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3728 3729 [3730] 3731 3732 ... 8167