Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3727 3728 [3729] 3730 3731 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9469612 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55920 on: December 03, 2012, 02:04:33 pm »

Roommate's Party Friend is suddenly bothering me again, wanting to know "why I hate her". Such a lack of understanding.
You could try the answer "Because you're a loathesome skank with the sexual mores of a bonobo in heat."
I don't think it's really right to demonize someone for being sexually promiscuous, despite my personal feelings.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #55921 on: December 03, 2012, 02:08:45 pm »

I dunno, I mean there's something really kind of bizarrely wrong with me. Half of me is a really, really depressed romantic who thinks cutting yourself over your girlfriend is a Good Idea and that romantic love means never having to say you're happy. The other half is a sadomasochist. Half wants to see one or the other of us utterly humiliated in a small closet; the other wants suicide by cuddling.

It's weird.

(NB: I have no girlfriend at the moment. I'd really, really like one but I'm kind of rootless until autumn.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 02:24:39 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55922 on: December 03, 2012, 02:18:15 pm »

Roommate's Party Friend is suddenly bothering me again, wanting to know "why I hate her". Such a lack of understanding.
You could try the answer "Because you're a loathesome skank with the sexual mores of a bonobo in heat."
I don't think it's really right to demonize someone for being sexually promiscuous, despite my personal feelings.
Fair enough. That was also probably massively hypocritical of me, considering recent events.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #55923 on: December 03, 2012, 02:28:57 pm »

There's a difference between being promiscuous and repeatedly trying to leap on the same uninterested person's cock every 5 minutes.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #55924 on: December 03, 2012, 02:40:03 pm »

I am a bad person for thinking: "send her my way".
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55925 on: December 03, 2012, 02:42:16 pm »

I dunno, I mean there's something really kind of bizarrely wrong with me. Half of me is a really, really depressed romantic who thinks cutting yourself over your girlfriend is a Good Idea and that romantic love means never having to say you're happy. The other half is a sadomasochist. Half wants to see one or the other of us utterly humiliated in a small closet; the other wants suicide by cuddling.

It's weird.

(NB: I have no girlfriend at the moment. I'd really, really like one but I'm kind of rootless until autumn.)
That's kinda messed up, man. :o Like, I'm seriously considering suggesting therapy.

There's a difference between being promiscuous and repeatedly trying to leap on the same uninterested person's cock every 5 minutes.
Indeed. In this case it's pretty much harassment, or at least being incredibly annoying.

I am a bad person for thinking: "send her my way".
No, not really :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55926 on: December 03, 2012, 02:50:29 pm »

It's weird.

That's kinda messed up, man. :o Like, I'm seriously considering suggesting therapy.

I think the S&M is just me being an outrageous 17-year old. The other stuff is a tad more worrying. I think it probably at least in part stems from spending three years having an extremely intense crush on only one woman, who was my history teacher, and simultaneously being really depressed, so that the two just became conflated.

The end result is that I simply can't differentiate, or my emotions don't differentiate, depression from romance. (More precisely, I can be depressed without feeling romantic- I just feel emotionless and dull- but I can't feel infatuated, romantic or in love without depression tagging along.) As the one girlfriend I've ever had (we broke up only because it was a camp relationship) can attest, if I'm making eye contact, or being overly snuggly, it probably means I'm having an emotional low.

This is dangerous, because it means I want emotional lows. I don't want to end up on a marriage counselor's couch in ten years, and telling him I cuddle with my wife for hours at a time, am generally frightened of her, and can't have regular sex when I'm feeling infatuated with her because it's too emotionally charged.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:07:32 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55927 on: December 03, 2012, 03:08:05 pm »

Yeah you might want to try associating it with something more healthy, like affection :P I haven't a clue how you'd accomplish that though, hence thinking about actual therapists :X
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55928 on: December 03, 2012, 03:10:08 pm »

Yeah you might want to try associating it with something more healthy, like affection :P I haven't a clue how you'd accomplish that though, hence thinking about actual therapists :X

Well, there you go then; we have affection to keep ourselves from going over the edge, not to make each other happy.

I mean, I know there's something wrong here, but...there's something beautiful, if deadly, about curling up into a shivering little ball of cling with a sex playlist playing including Led Zeppelin's When the Levee Breaks. I shouldn't want a significant other who's an utter emotional basket case. But I do.

And, well...a bit of clinginess is a good thing, but...the thing about heartbreak is that it's a symptom of not having someone around. And if your love is requited and you're still heartbroken over them...

I don't know. I'm a fuckup. I'll get married for a few years, my wife will very sensibly decide she shouldn't have to be someone's human heroin and get a divorce, and I'll end up...who knows. Probably either dead or a wino.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:13:13 pm by dhokarena56 »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #55929 on: December 03, 2012, 03:17:15 pm »

Yeah, I think "you can't take a hint" is a pretty good reason to cite for not liking someone.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55930 on: December 03, 2012, 04:24:02 pm »

So I'm down to eating one meal a day with what remains of my meal plan, and by my estimates I'm falling almost 1000 calories short of my Base Metabolic Rate (that being 2300 calories). Of course, the actual shortfall is more than that, since BMR is just the amount you burn by being a living organism, not actually doing anything. I'm going to be quite a bit skinner by the time I go back home.

That's my other issue. I have to check out of the dorm, but my ride home won't be here until late afternoon at the least and the only checkout times are early morning. And apparently my roommate and I have to check out at the exact same time. I'm not exactly wanting to sit outside with a bunch of my stuff for nine hours. Hopefully I can get some answers from my RA soon.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55931 on: December 03, 2012, 05:03:42 pm »

baaaahhhh feeling utterly clung up and frightened for no reason

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55932 on: December 03, 2012, 05:06:20 pm »

baaaahhhh feeling utterly clung up and frightened for no reason
Under the blanket! Hurry!

Yeah, that's what I was just doing for an hour. Curled up in bed.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55933 on: December 03, 2012, 05:27:21 pm »

I think I pulled a muscle in my upper stomach trying to tear down the garage. It hurts to everything.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55934 on: December 03, 2012, 05:31:45 pm »

Now you have no choice but to finish the demolition with dynamite, and no one can say otherwise!
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 3727 3728 [3729] 3730 3731 ... 8167