Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3724 3725 [3726] 3727 3728 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470771 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55875 on: December 02, 2012, 01:08:14 am »

Yeah Kagus, come to #bay12lb if you want to confide in some people in real time. (see signature for link)

There's a high percentage of depressed folk who can sympathize with ya, know what you're going through, and give helpful advice that DOESN'T revolve around self help and attitude changing bullshit.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55876 on: December 02, 2012, 01:09:52 am »

Went to a party, fell asleep on a couch, now my ass is on facebook x_x
Can I get a link?

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #55877 on: December 02, 2012, 01:25:14 am »

Can I get a link?

...  ???

I think the sad thread was a good place to lament that my behind has ended up on Facebook, but I don't think my butt fits the sad thread.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55878 on: December 02, 2012, 01:53:55 am »

Wallowing in my own loneliness, I still can't get over the feeling that the pursuit of companionship, or sex, or merely any circumstance to mitigate loneliness is a completely pathetic, puerile, indulgent, worthless aspiration. Something that just makes you a weaker, foolish person on the inside; an extroverted desire that steals wantonly from introverted reflection.

The 'need' for companionship is another aspect of thanatos, it seems, where evolution has naturally equipped itself to kill itself should it not meet it's biological criterion.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #55879 on: December 02, 2012, 06:15:11 am »

My best friend's mother is an absolutely loathsome person. To wit, my friend is:
  • not allowed to have his own opinions
  • not allowed to talk back in any capacity whatsoever
  • not allowed to use the internet (he does anyway)
  • allowed half an hour of video games each week
  • not allowed to tell anyone he's gay
  • not allowed to leave the house without his mother unless it's to go to school
  • not allowed to make his own plans for anything, ever
In addition, his mother is religious and hates atheists (which he is), ridiculously overcontrolling, homophobic, and beginning to edge into physical violence. His father lives in the other half of the country.

This has all pushed him to the edge of suicide. He's sixteen goddamn years old.
くコ:彡

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55880 on: December 02, 2012, 07:11:45 am »

Have you tried talking to social services?  I don't know what the differences are like between countries, but I know someone who's in a similar (though not nearly as severe) circumstances, and I've talked a bit with the Norwegian variant about the issue.

Because that's really severely harmful, directly or indirectly (no duh).  I do hope that manages to get sorted out to improve his quality of life...  Or rather, to give him a life.

Yeah Kagus, come to #bay12lb if you want to confide in some people in real time. (see signature for link)

I might just, provided I find myself needing that again.  Which, judging from the weight of this brick in my ribcage, I might very well.  Also...  "#bay 12 pounds?" haha.

Can I get a link?

...  ???

I think the sad thread was a good place to lament that my behind has ended up on Facebook, but I don't think my butt fits the sad thread.

Depends on the butt.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55881 on: December 02, 2012, 12:50:38 pm »

My best friend's mother is an absolutely loathsome person. To wit, my friend is:
In addition, his mother is religious and hates atheists (which he is), ridiculously overcontrolling, homophobic, and beginning to edge into physical violence. His father lives in the other half of the country.

Yeah as Kagus said, call social services. Or his father. Or look for a pro-LBGT group to report it to (pretty sure some exist) so he can get some more support. No matter what, get him the fuck out of there.

It depends where he lives, but one rule he should break if it can get him some support is the "don't tell people you're gay" one. Tell the whole goddamn world (unless this is Texas or something where he'd get lynched for it).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55882 on: December 02, 2012, 01:32:50 pm »

Yeah as Kagus said, call social services. Or his father. Or look for a pro-LBGT group to report it to (pretty sure some exist) so he can get some more support. No matter what, get him the fuck out of there.

It depends where he lives, but one rule he should break if it can get him some support is the "don't tell people you're gay" one. Tell the whole goddamn world (unless this is Texas or something where he'd get lynched for it).
We don't know about any LGBT groups around here, but we'll try and get something done with social services. Also, this is New Zealand. South Island, specifically.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55883 on: December 02, 2012, 02:01:41 pm »

I know there are decent LGBT support groups (and they all have easy contact info through the local unis) on North Island, but I never lived on South. If the internet doesn't help, though, I'm sure at least Dunedin and Christchurch have LGBT presence, so you should be alright finding one unless you live in, like, Invercargill or something.

And nothing can help you with that except helping him escape. ;)

(I don't actually know anything about the city beyond having been there a couple of times, it could have one too, it's just fun to make fun of)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:03:45 pm by GlyphGryph »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55884 on: December 02, 2012, 02:09:17 pm »

He lives in Christchurch, yeah. I'll have a look around on the interwebs when I can.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #55885 on: December 02, 2012, 04:11:30 pm »

Depends on the butt.

-_-...

It bothers me mostly because it's on a guy I don't even knows Facebook, I had to find out through the guy I visited the day after ;_;

Atleast I'm not tagged and you can't see my face.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #55886 on: December 02, 2012, 04:14:46 pm »

Aww. My friend and I have been planning my novel, and she made me scrap the narrator unknowingly having an affair with her twin sister, who is later killed off and her femur crafted into a sex toy. Too bad, really, but I think we can slip in some incest at some point, just not while the narrator is in what is termed the Box.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #55887 on: December 02, 2012, 04:23:40 pm »

Aww. My friend and I have been planning my novel, and she made me scrap the narrator unknowingly having an affair with her twin sister, who is later killed off and her femur crafted into a sex toy. Too bad, really, but I think we can slip in some incest at some point, just not while the narrator is in what is termed the Box.
Whut.

Just... Whut.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55888 on: December 02, 2012, 04:32:20 pm »

Whut.

Just... Whut.
Dafuq. Da, Fuq, inhell.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55889 on: December 02, 2012, 04:48:53 pm »

Das hawt.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 3724 3725 [3726] 3727 3728 ... 8167