Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3716 3717 [3718] 3719 3720 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472679 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55755 on: November 25, 2012, 08:15:42 pm »

Well, started on all my homework about an hour ago.
About 60% through it all now.
I would have gotten it done faster.
But it's U.S. History, so every 'Question 1' For each section is actually defining 8-10 words.
Totally me having to define 24-30 words between 3 questions.
Oh, and it's history.
So it is Böring.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55756 on: November 25, 2012, 08:32:52 pm »

Hehe, also, Norway has a slightly different drinking culture than most other non-scandinavian countries.  People here don't drink regularly, it's far too expensive.  Instead, everyone saves up, and saves up, and saves up some more, before going all-out when either Friday or Saturday comes around (matter of preference/work schedules).  Then it's an 8-12 hour rampage of getting drunker than previously imagined possible and doing lots of crazy things that you can regret on Monday (when told about it by a friend, because you're not supposed to remember it yourself).  Also, since this is such an integrated part of the culture, pretty much 80% of the population does this every weekend, leading to amazingly overcrowded bars, clubs, cafes and any other place that serves alcoholic beverages.  The streets also become party to roaming packs of drunken revelers as they go on pub crawls, or go on "spontaneous pub crawl"s after getting kicked out of the latest establishment.

12 HOURS? THAT SOUNDS FUCKING AWESOME

Drinking in a Scandinavian bar is going into my top-250-things-to-do-before-I-die list.

Bars and clubs here are just too shitty. It's either calm but not much to do or filled with jackasses and crazy-expensive drinks with lots to do. I drink a lot when it's Summer. Seriously, there are like 10 days which I didn't drink in 90 days. And these 10 days we didn't say "let's not just drink tonight" We didn't drink because something came up. You'd think someone like me would have a drinking problem but it's been a long time since I got drunk.

Since alcohol is expensive here for most people (2.5$ for a 50cl) and since it's much more expensive in bars (changes from 4$ to 8$) and since we are students who are not working in a job and also (last reason I promise) since we all love drinking, we just buy beer from the supermarket and drink at the beach. We drink vodka, tequila and gin too but it costs around 45$ so it's pretty rare. If I feel like it I also drink by myself at the beach. The beach actually looks better at night with the moonlight shining on the sea and stuff.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55757 on: November 25, 2012, 08:54:24 pm »

Heh, well, 12 hours is kind of on the heavy-duty side, but it happens.  I've also known people to go from starting to drink around 7 PM one evening, drink through the night, cut off and just sit around smoking and chatting around 5-6 AM the next morning, start feeling hungover, take some 'hair of the dog', then say "Fuck it, it's Saturday" and just start drinking again throughout that day until they crash massively that evening.  Around 24 hours of inebriation.  Main reason people don't do this is A) They can't afford/carry that much alcohol, or B) They're too efficient at drinking said alcohol to make it last.  People finish off whatever alcohol they have or bring with them, but it's also expensive enough that people buy bulk to get it cheaper.  This is generally a very disturbing combination.

Hehe, yeah...  Try paying $12 for a 60cl of the locally-brewed on-tap beer.  And $45-$50 sounds about right for a 70cl of the cheaper vodkas and whatnot (from the government-run alcohol store).  But then again, Norway does have very high wages on average.  Also very high taxes, to compensate.  And alcohol regulations that prevent the sale of such items past 8 PM on weekdays (beer only; the government store closes long before this), and 6 PM on the weekend.

And our beaches are mostly made of rocks, cliffs, and smaller rocks.  They also tend to be relatively cold and windy affairs.  Which is, of course, the reason why there's a surfer subculture in Norway.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55758 on: November 26, 2012, 05:07:54 am »

Just realized I can't go into town on Wednesday and look at all the famous people at the Hobbit premiere with my friends family.  :-\ Its because of a doctors appointment that I learned about an hour before I was to confirm whether I was going or not..
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55759 on: November 26, 2012, 06:12:07 am »

Fuck the media. Seriously. They're vilifying my parents again.

When all is said and done, I swear I'll sue the hell out of them for the damages and libel. Also going to sue some government fucker who started this whole fiasco and spread lies just to enhance his fucking position.

We have heaps of evidence against their claims.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55760 on: November 26, 2012, 07:44:12 am »

Fuck the media. Seriously. They're vilifying my parents again.

When all is said and done, I swear I'll sue the hell out of them for the damages and libel. Also going to sue some government fucker who started this whole fiasco and spread lies just to enhance his fucking position.

We have heaps of evidence against their claims.

What is the story? If you don't mind telling us, of course.
Love, scriver~

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #55761 on: November 26, 2012, 09:44:49 am »

Realized something last night when I was trying to fall asleep.  I don't think I understand who I am, exactly.  All my life, always been told "no you have to behave this way, study these things, spend time with these people, think only about these certain things, like these certain people and not those people," so on.  I've gotten so used to letting other people tell me what to do, I don't even pay attention to what I want anymore.  Anything I wanted was always ignored, while other people told me what I should want instead.  I got made fun of for the stuff that made me unique or stand out, and now I'm at the point in my life where you must be unique and stand out, otherwise you never make an impression.  And if anything, I'm making one bad impression after another because I have zero confidence.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #55762 on: November 26, 2012, 09:56:22 am »

Well, started on all my homework about an hour ago.
About 60% through it all now.
I would have gotten it done faster.
But it's U.S. History, so every 'Question 1' For each section is actually defining 8-10 words.
Totally me having to define 24-30 words between 3 questions.
Oh, and it's history.
So it is Böring.
HISTORY IS NOT BORING.
Well, US history probably is, but some day you might actually get proper history lessons :)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55763 on: November 26, 2012, 10:01:07 am »

HISTORY IS NOT BORING.
Well, US history probably is, but some day you might actually get proper history lessons :)

Right...  Because rebellion, civil war, underground resistance movements, assassinations and political scandals are only interesting in Europe.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55764 on: November 26, 2012, 10:05:33 am »

rebellion, civil war, underground resistance movements, assassinations and political scandals are only interesting in Europe.

Yes. You are correct.
Love, scriver~

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #55765 on: November 26, 2012, 10:05:46 am »

HISTORY IS NOT BORING.

Right...  Because rebellion, civil war, underground resistance movements, assassinations and political scandals are only interesting in Europe.

I couldn't have phrased it better!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55766 on: November 26, 2012, 11:53:30 am »

Try paying $12 for a 60cl of the locally-brewed on-tap beer.  And $45-$50 sounds about right for a 70cl of the cheaper vodkas and whatnot...
Here, that's $3-$4.50 and about $19-25. A fifth (75cl) of Kraken Black rum (locally brewed) costs about $20. The same amount of 100 proof Cap'n costs $25.

Damn, dude.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55767 on: November 26, 2012, 12:42:49 pm »

12 dollars for a pack of 4 bottles of Mikes Hard Lemonade, 25 dollars each for a bottle of raspberry sourpuss, and raspberry Smirnoff (probably should have gotten unflavoured o-o), 30 bucks for a bottle of Baileys, and 12 bucks each for a smaller Smirnoff and a bottle of strawberry wine.

I have no idea if that's expensive or not, I still have a bunch of it for more drunken Daryll shenanigans. :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #55768 on: November 26, 2012, 04:43:43 pm »

Here, Mike's is about 8 dollars for a six-pack.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55769 on: November 26, 2012, 05:49:45 pm »

... $0.89 for a gallon of water, where I'm at. Maybe less for city water, but th'city water here has a nasty habit of making me sick. You lot have expensive tastes in libation.

Is... is a bottle of alcohol really worth a week of food? That shit must be pretty incredible. Still not enough to tempt me into it, but going by cost comparison it's gotta' be something quality.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3716 3717 [3718] 3719 3720 ... 8167