Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3715 3716 [3717] 3718 3719 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473725 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55741 on: November 24, 2012, 12:49:01 pm »

touche.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55742 on: November 24, 2012, 12:53:37 pm »

Yeah I've never understood the link between not believing in an afterlife, and wanting to make the only life you've got as miserable as possible for all involved :/

Usually it's the afterlifers flagellating themselves or doing suicide bomb-runs :/

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #55743 on: November 24, 2012, 08:32:23 pm »

I need social hobbies.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55744 on: November 24, 2012, 08:33:56 pm »

I need social hobbies.

Same here.

But I don't want any.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55745 on: November 24, 2012, 08:35:05 pm »

Y'all talk on a public forum, there's your social hobbies.

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55746 on: November 24, 2012, 09:13:16 pm »

I need social hobbies.

Same here.

But I don't want any.

Ah, I know what you mean.

Sometimes, I just want to sit in on my relaxable chair with the monitor of my PC across me. But I feel guilty if I spend all my time in the internet. So I go out and do stuff, even if I don't feel like it because I know I won't regret it.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #55747 on: November 24, 2012, 09:32:05 pm »

If only some of you lived nearby, we could rock out! :)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55748 on: November 24, 2012, 09:48:06 pm »

I need social hobbies.
What counts? Th'town you're in's kinda' dead (well, barring the standard north florida stuff) outside the primary vacation times (and then no one sane wants to be anywhere near it :P), but I know th'capital has some interesting stuff off and on, if y'can make the trip.

Wait, wait. PC's on the other side of my place, so it's a two hour drive for yeh t'reach the capital. Hrm. Damn. Actually, outside of PC itself there's a bit of a deadzone around the place, far as I can remember. Maybe check and see if the college is doing anything interesting? Plays, concerts, so forth, so on. Guessing the standard stuff doesn't quite appeal, at least. If it's just get drunk and party there's plenty of that in and around th'joint... even moreso if you can stand bigots.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55749 on: November 24, 2012, 10:34:40 pm »

After poking around on the internet for a few minutes, I've found that the Visual Arts center in your town, Nadaka, offers classes. That would be a cool way to spend time and meet people.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55750 on: November 25, 2012, 07:55:34 am »

Sometimes, I just want to sit in on my relaxable chair with the monitor of my PC across me. But I feel guilty if I spend all my time in the internet. So I go out and do stuff, even if I don't feel like it because I know I won't regret it.

See, thing is, I actually do regret going out and doing stuff...  Mainly because around here, "doing stuff" basically just means getting drunk.  The cafes and restaurants are way too expensive to make it possible for just enjoying a little time out, and nobody will so much as look you in the eye unless they've had a couple pints and are on their third.

When I go out on the town for a drink, I get crowded in by the roiling mass of sweaty manflesh as everyone's yelling at the top of their lungs to get the story of their latest clothing choices heard over the pulsing roar of electro-dub-hop atrocities on the sound system, and I never manage to get drunk enough fast enough to actually start enjoying myself or make the shouting attempt to introduce myself to someone new (which very, very rarely works anyways.  People go out with their group of friends, an "us against the city" mentality that's broken only by opportunities for sex, violence or more alcohol).  Then I get discouraged, depressed, and after a few hours I start walking home.

I'd also like to add that when I'm alone, depressed and a little drunk...  I go a teensy bit nutty.  As in, I talk to myself, twitch, growl, laugh manically, mutter mantras, and stare wildly in all directions.  Not quite the healthiest way to spend a Friday evening.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55751 on: November 25, 2012, 12:00:36 pm »

If I drink, I do it at a calm, minimalistic and small bars or on the beach. I hate crowded clubs with loud and crappy music. Drinking on the beach is the cheapest way and the funniest way to get drunk for me. After getting drunk with my friends, I remember us deciding to get together to swim at 12:00 AM and that's exactly what we did the night after that.

I don't drink all the time I'm out. Maybe you should do something else. I usually go play bowling, watch a movie or play guitar hero with my friends. It can be difficult to convince your friends to do something else.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55752 on: November 25, 2012, 01:32:58 pm »

The closest friend is the one I mentioned earlier, and as such is either in a depressed and hurt mood, or impossible to get in touch with at all.  The next-closest friend works nights and lives in the capital which is only about an hour trip away, all in all, and the third-closest friend is a few thousand kilometers away in a different region of the country.

Hehe, also, Norway has a slightly different drinking culture than most other non-scandinavian countries.  People here don't drink regularly, it's far too expensive.  Instead, everyone saves up, and saves up, and saves up some more, before going all-out when either Friday or Saturday comes around (matter of preference/work schedules).  Then it's an 8-12 hour rampage of getting drunker than previously imagined possible and doing lots of crazy things that you can regret on Monday (when told about it by a friend, because you're not supposed to remember it yourself).  Also, since this is such an integrated part of the culture, pretty much 80% of the population does this every weekend, leading to amazingly overcrowded bars, clubs, cafes and any other place that serves alcoholic beverages.  The streets also become party to roaming packs of drunken revelers as they go on pub crawls, or go on "spontaneous pub crawl"s after getting kicked out of the latest establishment.

It is still possible to find what's referred to as "brown" pubs, places that are out-of-the-way, generally don't have a huge clientele, and are a bit more "rustic" or just not very hip.  Those are the places I tend to seek out, and they tend to only have about 20 other patrons during the high times on a weekend, if you get lucky.  And they also tend to be in their 40's, so not generally quite as rowdy behavior either.  But then again, not exactly a great place to socialize in that case, hehehe...

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55753 on: November 25, 2012, 04:38:07 pm »

My teachers gave me a bunch of homework to do over Thanksgiving Break.
Havent started it yet.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55754 on: November 25, 2012, 05:38:44 pm »

Teachers all appear to be under the impression they are the ONLY ONES giving you work.
Oh, no they're not. :) They do cackle with sadistic glee when you're not looking, though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3715 3716 [3717] 3718 3719 ... 8167