Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3711 3712 [3713] 3714 3715 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475875 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55680 on: November 22, 2012, 08:32:00 pm »

Alternatively, RAAEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGG depression to death.
I can vouch for that.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55681 on: November 22, 2012, 09:01:24 pm »

One of the worst decisions you can make while depressed, solifuge, is pushing people away. Go talk to your family, even if it's only on the phone at this point.

It's more that I just don't want them to have to deal with me. I'm not very pleasant company when I feel like this. Moreover, wearing a mask of pleasantry would feel dishonest, and feeds the growing divide between my inward emotional state and the personality I express to the world. As a former pathological liar, that dissociation bothers me, and is something I've been trying to overcome.

I informed my Dad of the situation earlier, and will be making plans to see them when I'm through this. In the meantime, I made muffins which I'll be sharing with people soon, and for the rest of the night will be working on a project I've had trouble continuing recently. One foot in front of the other, and all that.

Alternatively, RAAEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGG depression to death.
I can vouch for that.

I can bring a lot of energy to bear on most problems or situations, but my rage tends to be pretty tepid at best. I'm not a person who can fuel myself using anger, at least not very easily; it usually takes a direct threat on my life and well-being, or the well-being of someone else who is unable to properly defend themselves, to trigger that.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #55682 on: November 22, 2012, 11:05:20 pm »

Revelation: My time on the US internet has made me much more knowledgable of innuendo than my (year younger) classmates. >.> Darn.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55683 on: November 22, 2012, 11:11:15 pm »

Revelation: My time on the US internet has made me much more knowledgable of innuendo than my (year younger) classmates. >.> Darn.
"In lieu of the innuendo in the end know my intent though"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55684 on: November 22, 2012, 11:17:58 pm »

Tell, that second bit makes my headache even worse. Is... is it supposed to be trying to rhyme?

E: Incidentally, naps really shouldn't make a person feel this goddamn miserable. Headache, bit of an acid problem, generally overheated... bleh. I hate biology with a passion, some days.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:55:37 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55685 on: November 23, 2012, 12:10:05 am »

So tomorrow is looking like it's going to be a particularly hellish day. We're celebrating this bizarre turkey-based colonial holiday a day late on account of wanting to invite Scottish old lady, who couldn't make it the day before on account of celebrating the holiday with someone else then. This strikes me as a perfectly good excuse not to have her over, but no, we apparently aren't getting out that easy. I also have to get up early to go see a tutor about the maths stuff on account of being unable to sit down and frigging study it, which is something I'm really pissed at myself about. It also looks like I'm not going to get much sleep tonight as well... Ugh.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55686 on: November 23, 2012, 01:05:14 am »

One of the worst decisions you can make while depressed, solifuge, is pushing people away. Go talk to your family, even if it's only on the phone at this point.

It's more that I just don't want them to have to deal with me. I'm not very pleasant company when I feel like this. Moreover, wearing a mask of pleasantry would feel dishonest, and feeds the growing divide between my inward emotional state and the personality I express to the world. As a former pathological liar, that dissociation bothers me, and is something I've been trying to overcome.

I informed my Dad of the situation earlier, and will be making plans to see them when I'm through this. In the meantime, I made muffins which I'll be sharing with people soon, and for the rest of the night will be working on a project I've had trouble continuing recently. One foot in front of the other, and all that.
My point is they can help you through it. They're your family; you're not goddamn imposing by asking for some emotional support in a difficult time. You don't have to lie about how you feel and wear a mask of pleasantry at all. The more you angst about "bringing others down" the less able they are to actually help you, and believe me; they want to help you.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55687 on: November 23, 2012, 01:22:24 am »

That... really depends on the family, Kaij. Just. Let's leave it at that, maybe?
Ask not!
Ask!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55688 on: November 23, 2012, 01:24:03 am »

Ah, true. I am assuming he's got a loving family :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55689 on: November 23, 2012, 01:34:54 am »

Tell, that second bit makes my headache even worse. Is... is it supposed to be trying to rhyme?

E: Incidentally, naps really shouldn't make a person feel this goddamn miserable. Headache, bit of an acid problem, generally overheated... bleh. I hate biology with a passion, some days.
its from a song......

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #55690 on: November 23, 2012, 01:37:22 am »

Why is this a sad thing?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55691 on: November 23, 2012, 01:37:57 am »

Ah, true. I am assuming he's got a loving family :(
Ngh. Even a loving family doesn't necessarily equate to one that's able to provide the sort of support necessary to get a person out of a depression slump, though. Not all loving aid is particularly helpful, y'know? Pavement of th'road to hell and all that rot.
Ask not!
Ask!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55692 on: November 23, 2012, 01:39:57 am »

Technically speaking the correct term is English-reading Internet, not US Internet.

Though in about eight years about the whole linguistic division method of quantifying the internet is going to come crashing down with browser integrated machine translators. Possibly less.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55693 on: November 23, 2012, 01:43:19 am »

Is it even worth trying to attract ladies if the home I live in is in a perpetual state of filth? I mean, even when it's cleaned thoroughly, it only takes six hours at the very most to be reduced to the damn mound of waste and decay it was before. Just, damnit, it's impractical to live in cleanliness when you have an entire family that just doesn't give a shit.

I don't want to slip from my exercise and dieting, but everyday it feels like those original goals are further and further away. It's hard to entertain the thought that they're possible.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55694 on: November 23, 2012, 01:45:45 am »

Josh, you just fond the number 1 reason why people move out of home. It is just impractical to attract ladies when you live with your family period.
Pages: 1 ... 3711 3712 [3713] 3714 3715 ... 8167