Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3708 3709 [3710] 3711 3712 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476384 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55635 on: November 21, 2012, 04:54:36 pm »

I will!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55636 on: November 21, 2012, 05:01:16 pm »

Goddamnit, why do I have to be so eternally jobless? I called the place I was SURE I was getting hired in to, but nope, someone else was chosen for the position. Why does this keep happening?! Time and again, goddamnit.

I just want to stop feeling so friendless and pathetic, so fucking completely stuck in my own little pit of misery. I just want out.

Go down the street, knock on every business' door and offer your resume. I've gotten jobs like that, from a company that was thinking of hiring someone but hadn't posted a job advert yet. One thing companies like about that is you save them 1000's of dollars and weeks of sorting job applications.

Hit up 100's of companies if you have to. If they say they don't have any work, immediately ask them if they know anyone who's looking for workers.

If your having no luck, realize that apply for LISTED jobs is for chumps. Most people get their jobs from networking, not job advertisements.

And one benefit is an immediate face-to-face yes/no response most of the time.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:04:29 pm by Reelya »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55637 on: November 21, 2012, 05:11:49 pm »

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55638 on: November 21, 2012, 05:12:11 pm »

Around here, going door-to-door just nets you an endless stream of "we're not hiring now, but we'll keep you on file" dismissals. I guess it's technically a more polite way of saying "no", but there's never an indication of when you should check back or even if they'd hire you anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

narkamorel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55639 on: November 21, 2012, 05:24:42 pm »

I will!
* kaijyuu serious face.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you wouldn't. I simply have my reasons for keeping personal matters away from the general tomfoolery. admittedly, one of the reasons is to keep my persona intact while allowing me to speak from behind that shell
Hell, I'll even go ahead and say you're too much of a nice bunch to pull that off unless it's absolutely needed, which does happen sometimes. This is more offtopic than I'd like it to be, and I can't really help with Sirus'es problem, so I'll head off for now~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55640 on: November 21, 2012, 05:28:05 pm »

Its the in inititive that they will eventually see.  You need a job, you went to find one.  Maybe smaller businesses will be more open to hiring you based on your personality and motivation.  Too often larger businesses have to follow protocol or handle hiring via email or by getting a list of 'acceptable' applicants from a distant headquarters.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55641 on: November 21, 2012, 05:29:27 pm »

I will!
* kaijyuu serious face.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you wouldn't. I simply have my reasons for keeping personal matters away from the general tomfoolery. admittedly, one of the reasons is to keep my persona intact while allowing me to speak from behind that shell
Hell, I'll even go ahead and say you're too much of a nice bunch to pull that off unless it's absolutely needed, which does happen sometimes. This is more offtopic than I'd like it to be, and I can't really help with Sirus'es problem, so I'll head off for now~
Well now it's a mystery. Now I have to find out. You could be smuggling NAZI GOLD!

I can appreciate not wanting to tell people your buisness, but still wanting to vent though.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #55642 on: November 21, 2012, 05:32:00 pm »

I prefer just bottling things up then forgetting about them by throwing myself into helping other people.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55643 on: November 21, 2012, 05:32:54 pm »

Which I still posit is silly.
Stupid saintly wolfy.
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55644 on: November 21, 2012, 05:33:27 pm »

A blog is a good place to vent. Sometimes you just need to say things, not necessarily have anyone read them (and if your blog is whiny, no one's going to read it! win win :) ).

These threads serve as sort of mini-blogs so they work too. And advice/sympathy is given, which is good.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55645 on: November 21, 2012, 05:58:26 pm »

I think I can unequivocally state that people are hurt by truth as well. One of the reasons for the potential aspie diagnosis is that I typically give truthful responses to questions that everyone else is socially conditioned to lie about. Not just things like "Does this dress make my ass look big?", but much more uncomfortable truths as well.
Oh, I should point out that I feel this sort of honesty is quite respectable. I don't like the concept of "white lies."

Of course one should phrase it with tact, but lying = bad. So, don't feel bad.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55646 on: November 21, 2012, 07:04:24 pm »

I think I can unequivocally state that people are hurt by truth as well. One of the reasons for the potential aspie diagnosis is that I typically give truthful responses to questions that everyone else is socially conditioned to lie about. Not just things like "Does this dress make my ass look big?", but much more uncomfortable truths as well.
Oh, I should point out that I feel this sort of honesty is quite respectable. I don't like the concept of "white lies."

Of course one should phrase it with tact, but lying = bad. So, don't feel bad.
On the other hand, question, is it going to help her/him at all? If not, don't bother! I mean, if they have something stuck in their teeth or somethign sure, but come-oooonnn. No reason to needlessly bring people down.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #55647 on: November 21, 2012, 08:58:37 pm »

I agree. In fact, I may even go so far as to say it's a bad sign. But alas, what is one to do?

You could set some people on fire. >.>

Ugh, but all the subsequent troubles that come with it...I wish I could just miraculously find myself in a situation where setting a small group of people on fire was totally justified and needless of retribution.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55648 on: November 21, 2012, 10:30:36 pm »

I just made it to the true end of Necromancer.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55649 on: November 21, 2012, 10:57:14 pm »

I agree. In fact, I may even go so far as to say it's a bad sign. But alas, what is one to do?

You could set some people on fire. >.>

Ugh, but all the subsequent troubles that come with it...I wish I could just miraculously find myself in a situation where setting a small group of people on fire was totally justified and needless of retribution.

You must have been a flamethrower operator on Iwo Jima in your past life.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3708 3709 [3710] 3711 3712 ... 8167