Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3707 3708 [3709] 3710 3711 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476698 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55620 on: November 21, 2012, 01:44:10 pm »

Does anyone else get the following : Someone says something hurtfully truthful about you (either intentionally or otherwise) and for the rest of the day you feel as if the world has eyes on you?

My friend earlier told me everyone who meets me thinks I'm gay. Yes, I know that, but I don't need to be reminded all the time. *sigh* XD

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55621 on: November 21, 2012, 02:06:18 pm »

... Are you? :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55622 on: November 21, 2012, 02:09:08 pm »

... it would be a bit weird if that sort of thing upset me if I was, wouldn't it? XD

I'm straight, but I've had no luck with girls ever; doesn't bother me too much, except when people assume that means I'm a manfan. :P

EDIT : Oh, I see what you mean. :P Nah, the fact that everyone thinks I am but I'm not is the truthful statement.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #55623 on: November 21, 2012, 02:26:47 pm »

Well, yeah. People are accepting of the truth but are hurt by lies. Hence, yo mamma.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #55624 on: November 21, 2012, 02:32:18 pm »

I just don't see any way out of the rut I am in.

I am not making any friends.

I am not meeting any women.

I am not doing any interesting hobbies.

I am not happy with my family.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55625 on: November 21, 2012, 03:13:08 pm »

Personally I think you need to find a way to get your family less dependent on you. If I didn't know you were supporting them, I'd of suggested you get the fuck away from them a long time ago.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55626 on: November 21, 2012, 03:16:54 pm »

I just don't see any way out of the rut I am in.

I am not making any friends.

I am not meeting any women.

I am not doing any interesting hobbies.

I am not happy with my family.

There's always Bay 12 to support you in these difficult times. I hope your situation improves soon dude.  :(

I might be able to recommend some hobbies - are you unable to do these due to time constraints or have you just not acquired any for whatever reason?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55627 on: November 21, 2012, 03:41:33 pm »

Personally I think you need to find a way to get your family less dependent on you. If I didn't know you were supporting them, I'd of suggested you get the fuck away from them a long time ago.
From his posts, I might still suggest that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55628 on: November 21, 2012, 03:49:45 pm »

Which would be a way to get them less dependent, now wouldn't it ;)

I just hope it doesn't move them to below the overpass, though.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55629 on: November 21, 2012, 03:54:22 pm »

Goddamnit, why do I have to be so eternally jobless? I called the place I was SURE I was getting hired in to, but nope, someone else was chosen for the position. Why does this keep happening?! Time and again, goddamnit.

I just want to stop feeling so friendless and pathetic, so fucking completely stuck in my own little pit of misery. I just want out.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #55630 on: November 21, 2012, 04:02:54 pm »

I can't really get away from my family. I took them in as a last resort, they have no one else who can or will help them. And I don't think they can get back on their own feet again.

My mother has been screwed out of half her social security disability because her lawyer screwed up years ago and only gets a little over $500 a month to live on. My step father's social security is based on his walmart pay grade 0 job he had and gets about $1000 a month. Between their medical bills and the diabetic friendly diet, they only have a couple hundred a month left over between them. And 300% of that gets used up on my sisters debts, and that is with them ignoring an unknown percentage of the medical crap that could kill them in order to save money.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

narkamorel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55631 on: November 21, 2012, 04:10:58 pm »

Can't post in these kinda threads without using an alt :3 Pathetic, isn't it? Don't even care, though. Not that kind of sad going on here.
Just kinda lonely, I guess. The various animu I've been guzzling for the last two weeks really helped, but that doesn't help the fact that I'm finally on my own after more than five years of a vegetative state and completely at loss when it comes to this friendship business. I assume it'd be nice to have a friend, since I had someone who I perceived as one until our ways parted. T'was quite a bit ago, and having moved between environments and, well, age groups means I can't use the experience from then in situations today. Anyway, how do I go around drowning out the sads on the train back home? It's not very pleasant, and is preventing me from enjoying a pastime of reading in the hour or so the journey takes.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 04:12:34 pm by narkamorel »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55632 on: November 21, 2012, 04:29:44 pm »

Well, yeah. People are accepting of the truth but are hurt by lies. Hence, yo mamma.
I think I can unequivocally state that people are hurt by truth as well. One of the reasons for the potential aspie diagnosis is that I typically give truthful responses to questions that everyone else is socially conditioned to lie about. Not just things like "Does this dress make my ass look big?", but much more uncomfortable truths as well.

Speaking of which, just made the appointment to get a psych evaluation and see where I fall on the Asperger's spectrum. Not really sad about that, but the fact that they're already asking if I want medication management is unsettling. I'd rather not be drugged into social conformity, thanks.

Goddamnit, why do I have to be so eternally jobless? I called the place I was SURE I was getting hired in to, but nope, someone else was chosen for the position. Why does this keep happening?! Time and again, goddamnit.
Dude, when I was two months out of grad school -- with my bright, shiny Master's Degree still fresh on my resume -- I got turned down for a job bagging groceries. They didn't even call me to let me know, they just stopped contacting me after the second interview. That was a really humbling and bitter experience.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55633 on: November 21, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »

Speaking of which, just made the appointment to get a psych evaluation and see where I fall on the Asperger's spectrum. Not really sad about that, but the fact that they're already asking if I want medication management is unsettling. I'd rather not be drugged into social conformity, thanks.
Yeah... if their first reaction is medicate, you need to find a second opinion like the first one's on fire. If they're considering that before they attempt any sort of counseling, therapy, even seeing if there's an actual fucking problem... then they're probably not worth the toilet paper their degree is printed on, or at the very least don't actually give a shit about your mental health. "Drop th'bastards" would be my immediate advice, because that's a really bad indicator regarding the folks you're seeing's capability at their nominal job.

Psychoactive medication is the possible (and not always necessary or desirable!) diet part of a cognitive "diet and exercise". If any goddamn thing's saying you'll lose weight and keep it off without noting the latter's the part that actually freaking matters and attempting an exercise regimen first, they're trying to sell something only a half step from snake oil, at best. Same thing applies to mental health. Medication is the option of last resort for any psychologist worth a damn.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55634 on: November 21, 2012, 04:47:19 pm »

Can't post in these kinda threads without using an alt :3 Pathetic, isn't it?
More like... silly :P You really think people are going to negatively judge you here?
Pages: 1 ... 3707 3708 [3709] 3710 3711 ... 8167