Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3705 3706 [3707] 3708 3709 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476689 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55590 on: November 21, 2012, 03:44:29 am »

See you on the other side of finals Vector. Hell of a time to deal with this sort of frustration. Hang in there buddy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55591 on: November 21, 2012, 04:01:08 am »

In case you're wondering about the resolution to everything, he doesn't want me--so that's that.

I want to be alone and I need to study for finals, so I'm going to go now.  May be back, maybe not.
And here I was thinking that I wouldn't find anything interesting on the forums at 3:30 in the morning, but that it would help me relax before I went to bed. Yet here, much to my surprise, I find myself chewing my lip and reflecting that yes indeed, this love business is pretty frigging difficult.

I wish I had amazingly sage advice to give you, but I think the best I can do is probably all stuff you've already thought of. All the same I'll say two things.

1. Don't get stuck in the "I'm such a failure" mindset. I'm advising you against this because it's exactly the kind of silly mistake I'd make in this sort of situation.

2. Do what you need to do. I'm pretty confident that it'll all work out in the end.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #55592 on: November 21, 2012, 06:44:55 am »

The union of the bus drivers is going on strike tomorrow!
Starting from midnight, no buses of the blue, green, yellow, or red varieties are running. That pretty much means like 99% of all buses in Seoul. They're going on strike because the National Assembly decided to create a law that counts taxis as public transport, letting them get taxpayer's money as a subsidy. The government also dislikes that law, but the politicians in the Assembly wanted all 300k taxi drivers' votes, or so the media seems to be analyzing as.

As an aside, politics in the Assembly consists mostly of "one party gets the majority and outvotes all the laws".

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55593 on: November 21, 2012, 07:39:25 am »

Alright: update. Sorry for posting that, really. It was kind of an impuslive post as i knew that i had to go in 5 minutes. Today everything seems to be alright. I guess i'll roll with it, because the other option is being alone for 1 hour and 10 minutes every day when everybody is talking with other people.

There has been random sads when i go to bed tough. Not really a reason, i just feel sad all of a sudden. Luckily, i still have books.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55594 on: November 21, 2012, 07:43:05 am »

Listening to some music hat I haven't listened to for a while... It seems faster than I remember. But recorded music can't change in speed! Could I have gotten slower..?

Is that even a thing, does it work like that? To people with slow reflexes does the world seem to move faster? I would hate to think I am getting old already.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55595 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:27 am »

Well when I got into heavier music, the "fast" stuff that listened to before didn't seem so fast anymore ... have you been listening to a lot of slower music in the meantime?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55596 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:51 am »

I don't know, lately it has been a lot of classical. Vivaldi and Bach specifically. I wouldn't describe their works as 'slow' specially. Heck they could murder a guy with a barrage of flying notes at times! Still, might be. They certainly know how to do slow as well...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55597 on: November 21, 2012, 09:43:45 am »

In case you're wondering about the resolution to everything, he doesn't want me--so that's that.

I want to be alone and I need to study for finals, so I'm going to go now.  May be back, maybe not.
His loss. Now go forth and crush some tests beneath your heels as therapy.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55598 on: November 21, 2012, 09:44:27 am »

His loss.
Hear hear.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55599 on: November 21, 2012, 10:02:48 am »

His loss.
Hear hear.
Thanks, remind me of my hearing loss some more, why don't you?  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55600 on: November 21, 2012, 10:07:32 am »

His loss.
Hear hear.
Thanks, remind me of my hearing loss some more, why don't you?  :P
Wait, what? Can you repeat that? I'm getting up in years. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #55601 on: November 21, 2012, 10:16:34 am »

I really, really just wanna...set some people on fire.

I find all of the unfavorable consequences that would have to be dealt with afterward to be very upsetting...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55602 on: November 21, 2012, 10:21:28 am »

I find the desire to set people on fire upsetting. That isn't a good sign...

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #55603 on: November 21, 2012, 10:31:28 am »

I agree. In fact, I may even go so far as to say it's a bad sign. But alas, what is one to do?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #55604 on: November 21, 2012, 11:33:59 am »

So I might have pneumonia. I've been sick for the better part of a month and the congestion just keeps worsening. Hopefully will see a doctor soon.

Pneumonia is no damn joke. You very well may have a single shot and a week of antibiotics between you and death.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 3705 3706 [3707] 3708 3709 ... 8167