Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3700 3701 [3702] 3703 3704 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446033 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55515 on: November 19, 2012, 02:15:13 am »

The littlest things are making me really sad recently. Someone does something little and dumb and I get annoyed and I want to just make one little venty comment and have someone sympathize, but there's nobody to talk to.

I just feel like I don't have anyone who cares enough about me to listen to me unless I'm actively bawling or something.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55516 on: November 19, 2012, 02:16:16 am »

Well, let loose here, buddy :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #55517 on: November 19, 2012, 02:16:46 am »

Well, let loose here, buddy :)
Indeed. I should know that bottling things up is bad.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #55518 on: November 19, 2012, 02:37:08 am »

The thing is, it's even the stuff that I wouldn't bother putting here. "I asked so-and-so for a piece of pizza and they denied me kind of rudely." I shouldn't care for more than a few seconds, but when I'm grumpily making my food and realize nobody is even going to notice I'm annoyed then I start getting sad.

It's less that I actually care about the little things, I guess, and more that I find a way to link them to the things that actually bother me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55519 on: November 19, 2012, 03:26:47 am »

Could either be a battery problem or just the switch breaking. (That's what happened to a friend of mine. He opened up the case around the battery and has to manually press the power button instead of pressing the button on the case that presses the button that starts his computer.)

Yeah, I was thinking something like that, or that the thing was full on dust. Thing is that, when you connect the battery-charging cable, it doesn't even shine that little light to say it's connected... So I guess the battery could really be the thing.

I'm also a bit uncertain about popping it open and trying out, given that my technical know-how is very limited and mostly amounts to "if I fiddle with that thing, does it fix it? No? What about this thing?".
Love, scriver~

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #55520 on: November 19, 2012, 03:31:55 am »

Well, check the price for computer repair. If it's enough that you could just buy a new laptop, then there isn't much harm in attempting the repair yourself and then either buying the new computer anyway or succeeding in fixing the problem. In your case though, it's probably either a really dead battery or a faulty charger connection. To test for the former, ask a friend if you can borrow their battery. (Make sure it is compatible with your laptop first.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55521 on: November 19, 2012, 04:18:44 am »

I finally get my hands on "Settlers of Catan" after over 10 Years of searching Australian Game/Toy shops...
No one wants to play it with me in my Family and all my Friends either own it already somehow (prob bought it before I could and thus leaving me with none) or have moved far away...

T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55522 on: November 19, 2012, 05:54:01 am »

I'll play it with ya! :)

My sad: I have a sprained, sore neck from the headbanging I did on Saturday. Sheesh. Seriously, this has to be pretty much the wussiest injury ever. Seriously. Ugh. I didn't even do that much headbanging; it took me a while to reach the correct level of drunkenness to do so.
Edit:
Hopefully it'll be all  better by Wednesday so I can do it all again! :P And then again on Friday, and again the week after that... Woo!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:11:01 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #55523 on: November 19, 2012, 05:57:23 am »

We should do a Bay12 Catan game sometime :p.
Step 1: Everyone goes to the Netherlands.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55524 on: November 19, 2012, 06:08:40 am »

Nope. Step 1.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55525 on: November 19, 2012, 06:23:15 am »

I just checked our metric fuckton of board games and apparently it doesn't include Settlers of Catan. Huh.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #55526 on: November 19, 2012, 07:03:17 am »

I just checked our metric fuckton of board games and apparently it doesn't include Settlers of Catan. Huh.

There are other board games?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55527 on: November 19, 2012, 07:34:06 am »

There are other board games?
There's risk. You know, someone in my school did a entire research paper on risk, going into the mathmatics of it and such. I was really blown away. Africa is appearantly far more important then I thought.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55528 on: November 19, 2012, 08:11:29 am »

Isn't Australia a game breaker or something?

But yes. I also have Cluedo, Trivial Pursuit and Scotland Yard. Which nobody plays. (No Monopoly though. Fuck that)

I also have dozens of games that you probably never heard of (such as half a dozen variations and expansions of Carcassone). Nobody plays those either.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #55529 on: November 19, 2012, 08:14:32 am »

Everyone seems to play Carcassonne.
I also have Agricola, which is fun, even though you aren't allowed to kill people in it.
Pages: 1 ... 3700 3701 [3702] 3703 3704 ... 8167