Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3698 3699 [3700] 3701 3702 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443352 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55485 on: November 17, 2012, 06:13:49 pm »

Order is not a believer and i say we ostracize him

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55486 on: November 17, 2012, 06:21:27 pm »

Yours is the sno-ball hat that will pierce the heavens, greatorder.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #55487 on: November 17, 2012, 07:59:04 pm »

Okay, leaving again.  Things are going badly enough that I don't want to think about them.

See you.
Good luck! :(

What Kaijyuu said.... Hope to see you soon.

I helped someone move, primarily carrying out several boxes of the little things ... many of them. They have forgotten I exist.... I sees your plot for free labor; I do.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:01:25 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55488 on: November 17, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »

They did... they did at least, like, feed you or something, right? I mean, I don't personally mind a little exploitation when there's a full belly or summat involved, y'know? I can be bribed at a fraction of what it'd take to get a moving company or pay the back doctor later!

If not... yesh, bugger that, barring extraneous friendship-debt I guess. At least the offer for a meal or whatev', yeah. Shows appreciation :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #55489 on: November 17, 2012, 09:15:40 pm »

* Skyrunner takes notes.
Bribe people with food, I see.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55490 on: November 18, 2012, 01:06:55 am »

They did... they did at least, like, feed you or something, right? I mean, I don't personally mind a little exploitation when there's a full belly or summat involved, y'know? I can be bribed at a fraction of what it'd take to get a moving company or pay the back doctor later!

If not... yesh, bugger that, barring extraneous friendship-debt I guess. At least the offer for a meal or whatev', yeah. Shows appreciation :-\
I always buy pizza and beer for my loyal minions friends.

Edit: Fixed. How in the world did I screw that up?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:56:04 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55491 on: November 18, 2012, 01:45:00 am »

Clicking around randomly in youtube, I stumbled across a section with people doing REALLY bad cover versions of songs. I'm now more appreciative of Vocaloid, since it means hearing less actual people trying to sing :/

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55492 on: November 18, 2012, 07:24:22 am »

Okay, leaving again.  Things are going badly enough that I don't want to think about them.

See you.
Take care of yourself. *digital non-personal-space-invading hug*

Wife destroyed my computer. Pitched the tower off the back deck while I was occupied with putting our son to bed. I think she's been wanting to do that for years (she's not a gamer and has never understood the addiction). Might be able to salvage some parts but I'll need a new case.

And I'm now staying at a friend's house (which is actually kind of a happy...it's the one who lost his wife recently, so it all kind of works out. He's grateful for the company, and it's been nice to reconnect considering we were roomies all through college and a few years after college.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55493 on: November 18, 2012, 07:35:26 am »

See you.
Cya Vector! I don't know you all too well, but i hope things will become better sooner or later.

E: Ow, that sucks RK. I hope you'll be able to get a new one soon.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55494 on: November 18, 2012, 07:37:31 am »

Wife destroyed my computer. Pitched the tower off the back deck while I was occupied with putting our son to bed. I think she's been wanting to do that for years (she's not a gamer and has never understood the addiction). Might be able to salvage some parts but I'll need a new case.

It really annoys me when somebody does something like that.
I'm a programmer. Data is pretty much sacred to me. You don't break somebodies computer because you dislike their habits. I have to admire you a little for having the self control to be over here in the sad thread, because personally I would be in the rage thread.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55495 on: November 18, 2012, 09:32:46 am »

Math exam is tommorrow. Don't feel like I'll pass but also don't have much drive for some last minute studying (which could help) because, what's the point I guess? Not sure why it all came crashing down in the last few days.

And other stuff has been piling up slowly because I was too busy with math, now there's bunch of stuff to do, most of it is not critical but it's making my life harder/more annoying. But I won't be able to do that because after math I have atleast three other exams in the next two weeks.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55496 on: November 18, 2012, 11:05:27 am »

I'm really, really tired of trying to live paycheck to paycheck on paychecks that never amount to anything.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55497 on: November 18, 2012, 11:10:43 am »

I know a lot of grown people who burst into tears at that movie.
*Raises hand*

Aye.

It was on a crowded plane as the in-flight movie, too, so it was reallly fuckin' awkward. Damnit man, I can relate to this shit! Don't judge meee! :'(

Also, bye again, Vector. :-\ I was reading through the thread planning on making a mostly-unhelpful comment with regards to stuff and then realised ye'd already left us again. Alas.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #55498 on: November 18, 2012, 11:35:26 am »

Once again my birthday took place without pain nor glory :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55499 on: November 18, 2012, 11:36:08 am »

Happy birthday! :) Turn that frown upside down!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 3698 3699 [3700] 3701 3702 ... 8167