Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3694 3695 [3696] 3697 3698 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447640 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55425 on: November 15, 2012, 10:23:47 pm »

Wife wants a divorce. Part of me is devastated, part of me is relieved. Gonna be a whole lot of fucking headaches to it either way.
*sigh*
Jebam. So sorry. As others said get a fucking Lawyer ASAP.

I'm not familiar with you personal life, so why are you partly relieved pardon my asking?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55426 on: November 15, 2012, 10:26:21 pm »

It's not really been a happy marriage for a few years now. Wasn't unpleasant or anything (well, it was a few years ago for a while) but it was just....we were two people living in the same house, raising kids together. That was all.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55427 on: November 15, 2012, 10:28:06 pm »

It's not really been a happy marriage for a few years now. Wasn't unpleasant or anything (well, it was a few years ago for a while) but it was just....we were two people living in the same house, raising kids together. That was all.
That's...actually a pretty unpleasant life, looking back on my own exact same situation. Bam. Right in the feels.

* MaximumZero hugs RedKing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #55428 on: November 15, 2012, 10:30:36 pm »

This is unhappiness. 大哥,真的抱歉,心好疼你啊. 你有事要问,就问俺吧。

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55429 on: November 15, 2012, 10:39:37 pm »

Feels, RK. All I can really think to say is that I hope the process goes smoothly and y'all manage to work out whatever works best for the kids. Don't need an already difficult situation made worse, yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #55430 on: November 15, 2012, 10:46:53 pm »

Wife wants a divorce. Part of me is devastated, part of me is relieved. Gonna be a whole lot of fucking headaches to it either way.
*sigh*

Why does all this fucking shit happen to great guys?!?!?!  >:(

Hope all goes as well as it can anyway, RedKing. I am always available to moan to on PM's.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #55431 on: November 16, 2012, 01:55:25 am »

I do weird things ._.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #55432 on: November 16, 2012, 02:00:00 am »

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Redking.  I hope things go as smoothly as possible.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55433 on: November 16, 2012, 07:33:05 am »

My dog may die soon. :'(

She's older then I am, born in June of the same year, and accordingly she is VERY old for a dog, but still. I've had her all my life. She beginning to fade...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55434 on: November 16, 2012, 11:53:48 am »

My dog may die soon. :'(

She's older then I am, born in June of the same year, and accordingly she is VERY old for a dog, but still. I've had her all my life. She beginning to fade...

My dog, in the end, couldnt climb the stairs.  We had to help her go outside to poop, and get back inside.  She wouldn't get up except to eat the last few days...

But, she lived a happy life, and so has your dog.  The pain at the end is small and relative.

And Redking, well I hope your troubles are relatively mild.  No messy cleaving of assests.  Man, the headaches divorce brings.  No small(er) Childrens?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:55:23 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55435 on: November 16, 2012, 12:02:54 pm »

And Redking, well I hope your troubles are relatively mild.  No messy cleaving of assests.  Man, the headaches divorce brings.  No small(er) Childrens?
Two children. My son is two and a half, my daughter willl turn six on Sunday. I nearly lost it this morning dropping him off at preschool.  :(

Our finances are all merged, so yeah....it's gonna be messy if it proceeds.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55436 on: November 16, 2012, 12:04:42 pm »

Parents told teachers about bullying.
Things have gotten slightly worse the last few days.
Ah well, atleast my reflexes of not reacting when somebody says my name will help me >.>

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55437 on: November 16, 2012, 12:13:51 pm »

If you two aren't happy together then it is probably for the best. My parents were always angry and fighting while I was growing up, and I never really developed a desire to be around other people because I assumed through observation that it was how most social connections were. They suffered from being together as well, with my mother losing all work ethic and my father becoming work obsessed due to their respective responsibilities and mutual dislike. Things got much better after they finally came to their senses and divorced, like they should have when I was little.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55438 on: November 16, 2012, 02:28:46 pm »

I never really developed a desire to be around other people because I assumed through observation that it was how most social connections were.

I'm curious, are you saying that because that is how you feel or your education is telling you that is how you feel?  As in, if you didn't know anything about psychology/sociology or the dynamics of divorce and its effects upon children, would you feel that way and come to the conclusion that your parents stunted your social growth?

:-[  Don't want to change any subjects or offend anybody, but this is why I love the human brain... so much to study and account for.

Edit:  Forgot why I came back.  I am sad photobucket is malfunctioning.  And I am glad your children are so important to you, Redking.  I feel like children get secondary consideration in a modern society too often...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:31:17 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55439 on: November 16, 2012, 02:37:04 pm »

I'm curious, are you saying that because that is how you feel or your education is telling you that is how you feel?  As in, if you didn't know anything about psychology/sociology or the dynamics of divorce and its effects upon children, would you feel that way and come to the conclusion that your parents stunted your social growth?
My parents not divorcing is what stunted my social growth. Most sources will claim that divorce is a bad thing for children, but I disagree. I think that such an assertion is the result of our pro-marriage culture biasing how we interpret data. The truth is that divorce is, in all honestly, usually a good thing. People who don't want to be together being together is what causes these problems in the first place, and the fallout of that conflict afflicts the developing children more than anyone else.

Your question is pretty strange to begin with, though. "If I didn't know anything about the topic I am considering, would I still have my opinion on it?"
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 3694 3695 [3696] 3697 3698 ... 8167