Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3691 3692 [3693] 3694 3695 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447844 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55380 on: November 14, 2012, 09:52:29 am »

Haven't been able to work on my game past few days.
Horrible performance on the national united acadmics test
Down with the cold or maybe the flu.

All around terrible.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55381 on: November 14, 2012, 09:59:04 am »

I can't frickin' sleep.  I'm too nervous and excited and worried.

Oh, well.  I'll math the romantic anxiety away.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55382 on: November 14, 2012, 11:48:17 am »

They don't understand. They don't.

They do not understand that my family and I are victims. We are being portrayed as villains. They do not understand. It hurts my brain.

The neighbors, aside from my relatives, don't understand either. They reported to others that we live a "Lavish Lifestyle" and drive "Luxury Cars" everywhere. Lies. We only have a car, a small sedan. It is not a luxury car, for fuck's sake. We live in a crummy house, as we have yet to move into a proper abode.

They do not understand. They envy. They frame. Innocence lost, mind fucked, I stand here regretting in place of my parent's decision of allowing a thief to utilize our home as a mailing address. I regret everything. I might have pulled myself off of poverty, but the peace of mind I had back then was invaluable and irreplaceable.

They do not understand. I am so tired. Confused. I want to call it a day and end everything forever. I hate everything.

@Askot: Condolences. That is all I can say. I know how it feels like there's no escape, but we've got to keep pushing on. Even if life is crap.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:00:06 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55383 on: November 14, 2012, 11:54:54 am »

My condolences Askelot. I feel really sorry for you. I can't imagine how it would be to lose one of my grandparents.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55384 on: November 14, 2012, 01:10:01 pm »

They don't understand. They don't.

They do not understand that my family and I are victims. We are being portrayed as villains. They do not understand. It hurts my brain.

The neighbors, aside from my relatives, don't understand either. They reported to others that we live a "Lavish Lifestyle" and drive "Luxury Cars" everywhere. Lies. We only have a car, a small sedan. It is not a luxury car, for fuck's sake. We live in a crummy house, as we have yet to move into a proper abode.

They do not understand. They envy. They frame. Innocence lost, mind fucked, I stand here regretting in place of my parent's decision of allowing a thief to utilize our home as a mailing address. I regret everything. I might have pulled myself off of poverty, but the peace of mind I had back then was invaluable and irreplaceable.

They do not understand. I am so tired. Confused. I want to call it a day and end everything forever. I hate everything.
Yeah... something like this doesn't surprise me, a very large chunk of humanity is petty, self-centred, narrow-minded, and/or idiotic. There's reason I'm a misanthrope. Hopefully neither the media nor the neighbours will matter very much.

@Askot I wish I knew what to say, I've lost two dogs, but never a close family member. I wish you the best.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55385 on: November 14, 2012, 01:26:34 pm »

Just because humanity is what it is is no reason to be a misanthrope! Sure, most people are absolutely terrible, fucked up balls of negative qualities, but I don't hate bees because they sting!

Instead, be amazed that a few people occasionally manage to rise above it. Are we to hate the kimberlite that contains diamonds? Rather, we should appreciate it as a sign of what is possible.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55386 on: November 14, 2012, 01:40:27 pm »

Just because humanity is what it is is no reason to be a misanthrope! Sure, most people are absolutely terrible, fucked up balls of negative qualities, but I don't hate bees because they sting!
What if they stung all the time, for no good reason?

(which is making me think of that Jack Handey deep thought: "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.")

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #55387 on: November 14, 2012, 01:42:32 pm »

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down?"
If animals could scream, would we be so cavalier about slaughtering them?

Wait, we just knock them out first.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55388 on: November 14, 2012, 01:44:01 pm »

"Remember, if it screams, that's because the anasthetic is working perfectly and it can't feel ANY pain."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55389 on: November 14, 2012, 01:45:09 pm »

What if they stung all the time, for no good reason?

(which is making me think of that Jack Handey deep thought: "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.")

Now, now, I don't like wasps, but that doesn't mean I should hate them!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #55390 on: November 14, 2012, 01:48:18 pm »

Wasps are beautiful creatures. So vibrant and nicely coloured.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55391 on: November 14, 2012, 01:50:10 pm »

Wasps are beautiful creatures. So vibrant and nicely coloured.
Wasps are dicks. Sure, I might be intruding on their territory, but at least I'm not poking them with tiny venom-filled syringes.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #55392 on: November 14, 2012, 01:50:37 pm »

How totally unrelated to what I said :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55393 on: November 14, 2012, 01:53:52 pm »

Their colors litteraly mean

"I'M A DICK AND I'LL STAB YOU IF YOU COME CLOSE".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #55394 on: November 14, 2012, 01:55:05 pm »

http://jezebel.com/5960385/woman-denied-abortion-dies-in-hospital

:( I don't even.... Did anyone there read "The Ciderhouse Rules?" All for babies; but this one had no survival chance. At that point, there's no reason not to try to save mom when we know baby is as good as dead.

I apologize if this is a "hot button" issue but just wow.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 3691 3692 [3693] 3694 3695 ... 8167