Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3689 3690 [3691] 3692 3693 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447133 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55350 on: November 13, 2012, 03:06:41 am »

I know a lot of grown people who burst into tears at that movie.
*Raises hand*
I'm about the only one in my family who didn't.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #55351 on: November 13, 2012, 07:24:35 am »

Guh. Can't find my big folder O' Polish work anywhere.
Hope I didn't leave it in the college library >_>;
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55352 on: November 13, 2012, 08:48:56 am »

Hmm. Read the "Why don't girls like Nice Guys?" or whatever the name is, thread today. Raises some interesting questions for myself.

I've always been of the belief that I am a 'nice guy'. I know I can be really shitty when mistreated or in the wrong situations, but being shitty is something I try to avoid at all costs for the most part. I know I'm not really assertive enough to be a person that has lots of dates and everything, and on the other side of that token, I don't try nearly as hard as I should to get the dates I can, because I know relationships make me into a terribly shitty person.
So I wonder if maybe I'm not really a nice guy. Maybe I'm one of 'Those Guys' but I've just got a better mask on.
Anyways, just idle musing really. Still depressed.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #55353 on: November 13, 2012, 09:03:12 am »

Might be off topic,  Hans, but myself? I think "Nice Guys" are guys who are allllwaaays nice, and therefore boring. If you are nice in your actions, aren't too introverted as to be unable to socialize at all, and are interesting, I think nice guys would get the girls. O_o for example, someone who's just nice is boring, but someone who's nice but also knows how to tease playfully ain't.

/may be personal taste.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55354 on: November 13, 2012, 09:45:25 am »

We might just have a snowless christmas this year.
Up north.
Next to Canada.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55355 on: November 13, 2012, 09:56:31 am »

Oh cool, Vector's here. Hi Vector.

Myself, I've got a nice big pile of sads, rages, frustrates, and and just plain old wear downs lately, but I'll stick to these few:

I'm sad that progress on my game has halted thanks to my broken computer.
I'm sad that modern society seems completely incapable of creating a shoe that will last more than 5 months.
I'm sad that I hate my job, and I hate my home, and that my hobbies are, at best, unfulfilling.
And finally: I'm sad that I have to deal with the government today, for the same reason I have to deal with the government today - it never goes well. And I don't know what went wrong this time, and I need to find out why they haven't gotten back to me.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55356 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:30 am »

My internet got slowed down. Which might be a good thing for now, perhaps studying at home will be easier. Most likely not, slipped up already, funny how being sleepy and hungry for the first three hours can ruin my day. It was math class for two of those hours but still :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55357 on: November 13, 2012, 01:39:34 pm »

Might be off topic,  Hans, but myself? I think "Nice Guys" are guys who are allllwaaays nice, and therefore boring. If you are nice in your actions, aren't too introverted as to be unable to socialize at all, and are interesting, I think nice guys would get the girls. O_o for example, someone who's just nice is boring, but someone who's nice but also knows how to tease playfully ain't.

/may be personal taste.

Ah, well this helps me out a little. Going by your definition, I'm not a 'Nice Guy'. I'm just generally pretty polite. I have trouble finding things to talk about with strangers, which kind of inhibits some aspects of dating, but I'm not so introverted as to be unable to socialize.
And I've got the girls before. :P Just not very often.
Thanks though, Skyrunner, this made me feel a bit better.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55358 on: November 13, 2012, 02:19:52 pm »

I think most people are like that Hans, myself included. I'm polite and helpful most of the time (if in a slightly jerky way sometimes) simply because it's easier to deal with people that way and it doesn't really cost me anything. And really, even if you are a proper ass when you're by yourself does it really matter if the ass is kept within?

And there's nothing wrong with being an ass when provoked, heck, it's something I enjoy greatly, simply because people that don't know me well never expect the heat seeking insult and degradation missle my mother unintentionally (or itentionally? never sure about that one) made me into, bastards squirming are always fun to watch.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55359 on: November 13, 2012, 02:29:23 pm »

I wish i was a decent bullet. If my rage actually did something.
I sometimes feel like i should just train so i can hurt people.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55360 on: November 13, 2012, 02:30:21 pm »

I'm polite and kind as often as possible because being polite and kind makes me happy. I happen to enjoy helping other people and making their lives easier, even in such a small fashion as going to the shop so an elderly neighbour doesn't have to, or buying coal and food for people who can't afford it.
My cabbages!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55361 on: November 13, 2012, 02:31:35 pm »

being roommates with a guy for about a year, i came back to my family being a smartass :P

though im still a nice guy.

I wish i was a decent bullet. If my rage actually did something.
I sometimes feel like i should just train so i can hurt people.
Find me my friend, i shall teach you the arts of deadly combat with the quick death moves of Krav Maga and the poweroverwhelming Muai Thai.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55362 on: November 13, 2012, 02:32:39 pm »

I'm polite and kind as often as possible because being polite and kind makes me happy. I happen to enjoy helping other people and making their lives easier, even in such a small fashion as going to the shop so an elderly neighbour doesn't have to, or buying coal and food for people who can't afford it.
Yeah, no. You go beyond being "nice" and in to being saintly :P Or perhaps stupid. Buying food for people is nice and all, but you shouldn't do it if it leaves you unable to eat for that week.
*Hugs*

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55363 on: November 13, 2012, 02:35:56 pm »

It was three days, not a week >.>
My cabbages!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #55364 on: November 13, 2012, 02:50:38 pm »

Being around all sorts of people in this absurdly warm, cloudbound, and humid city has been making me miss my solitary runs in the freezing twilights, when the sun had just sunk behind the mountains and the air was clear.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 3689 3690 [3691] 3692 3693 ... 8167