Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3687 3688 [3689] 3690 3691 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447118 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55320 on: November 12, 2012, 10:06:04 pm »

Apatheists strike me as being those people who mass convert to catholicism when on their death-bed.
Is that supposed to be good? I'm not sure advertising fear mongering to the most ill-minded persons who are literally dying is supposed to be good...
Apparently it's worse once a family member dies and you end up with companies on your doorstep for funeral service and the like.
Not sure if that's just America or what.
No, I just mean your strength of conviction is weakened when death is becoming a more obvious concern.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55321 on: November 12, 2012, 10:10:32 pm »

Apatheists strike me as being those people who mass convert to catholicism when on their death-bed.
Is that supposed to be good? I'm not sure advertising fear mongering to the most ill-minded persons who are literally dying is supposed to be good...
Apparently it's worse once a family member dies and you end up with companies on your doorstep for funeral service and the like.
Not sure if that's just America or what.
No, I just mean your strength of conviction is weakened when death is becoming a more obvious concern.

I wasn't aware there was any required level of conviction to being pragmatically indifferent. In fact, it's probably BECAUSE there's such a large focus on pragmatism that as death approaches, humoring Pascal's Wager seems like a smarter and smarter move.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55322 on: November 12, 2012, 10:14:01 pm »

He may have a girlfriend and my friend thinks we'd be a bad fit because we're both sticklers for things.  Agh.  Little does he know.

I don't think Cypress does have someone, frankly, but he might.  And it's just... hard, because thinking about my ex Rosewood, the way that this dude is acting is practically screaming "hohoho, I want you, get over here" but by any normal dude standards he looks totally disinterested.  On the other hand, I also look totally disinterested, so there you have it >_>  But he's been teasing me and keeps on looking at me far more than anyone else for reactions to things, touching my shoulder, whatever, which were the big signs for Rosewood, so... so... I'm going to ask him to go get tea with me this weekend >_<  Fweee~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55323 on: November 12, 2012, 10:22:04 pm »

Open up a bit, Vector :P If you don't show some romantic interest he might just assume you're Just Friends forever.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55324 on: November 12, 2012, 10:32:06 pm »

Yeah, don't make him think he's friendzoned.

(Yes, i know how bullshit that term is.)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55325 on: November 12, 2012, 10:41:44 pm »

EDIT: You know what, I'm just not posting anymore today.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:46:15 pm by JoshuaFH »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55326 on: November 12, 2012, 10:44:58 pm »

Err, yes, I'm not warning against "friendzoning," because if he isn't interested in you he likely would deny your request no matter when you asked him out. He may be interested, may not. Just ask, eh?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55327 on: November 12, 2012, 10:59:59 pm »

Haha, I know.  It's just a bit difficult because my ex-boyfriend and I haven't been broken up for even two weeks yet, the word is still getting out, and both myself and Cypress are a little bit weird in the social department.

I feel guilty for turning around and dating someone else, but the truth is that I'm legitimately over the other guy, sort of hit rock bottom about a month ago, and the entire relationship was a very long exercise in discovering what I actually want in a partner.  It wasn't exactly very emotionally intimate.  So, at the same time, I don't feel too bad about it.

Anyway, don't worry, I'm not going to friendzone the guy.  Gonna ask him out to tea and start flirting a little to see if he bites.  I'd like to take this one slow.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55328 on: November 12, 2012, 11:08:23 pm »

Vector? Hey! Where did you come from? Great to have you back! How long are you staying? Can I get you a cup of coffee or tea? Wait, this shouldn't be in the sad thread.
Love, scriver~

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55329 on: November 12, 2012, 11:24:20 pm »

Sometimes I feel like OLD SKOOL computer RPGs are unfair for the sake of appealing to people who like overcoming unfairness.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55330 on: November 12, 2012, 11:28:03 pm »

Haha >_<  Just some water, please.

I'll be here for a while.  My life's shifted a lot recently, so I'm spending a little bit more time on the net as I try to rebalance myself.  However, I don't expect to be here too long.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55331 on: November 12, 2012, 11:31:12 pm »

That's what they all say.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55332 on: November 12, 2012, 11:53:00 pm »

(Don't say that! You'll only encourage her! :I)

Spent the afternoon trying to get back into music and composition again, after a considerable lapse, only to find that my Music Theory knowledge has fallen into a jumbled and unintelligible heap in my brain, and my music-playing chops are all flabby and out of shape.

Looks like I'm going to be working exclusively in Major key for a while... how do I Chord Progressions, guys?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55333 on: November 12, 2012, 11:57:48 pm »

how do I Chord Progressions, guys?
Whiskey jug? They've done some pretty impressive stuff on alcohol containers. Get puffing, Solifuge!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #55334 on: November 13, 2012, 01:37:08 am »

Hey, doodabuddies.  I'm back briefly.
I've been missing the Sad Thread and Happy thread for a while due to business, but My god, I missed this? Welcome back, Vector! (At least for this brief moment.)

...PSEUDO-EDIT:

I'll be here for a while.
:D

I don't expect to be here too long.

:?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 3687 3688 [3689] 3690 3691 ... 8167